prayers for son

A cozy place to share prayer requests, offer prayer for the needs<br/>of others and encourage one another in times of need.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

michel67

prayers for son

Post by michel67 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:48 am

I know not many are here lately, or maybe they read and don't post. Either way ,asking for prayers for my oldest son. Asking for peace, strength, guidance, from Jesus. He is in a toxic, relationship and is trying and needs to break away. Yes, he may be livivg in sin, by moving in with his girlfriend prior to them getting married, and looks like they won't be. She has practiced wiccan, believes it is good, claims to be atheist, and has a satanic bible, etc. She recently got angry at my son, threw a bottle at his head, hit him in the face and busted his lip open. She has many issues, many past issues, and has demons obviously. The lease where they live isn't up till April but he is welcome back home. Praying God males a way for him to leave and have peace.

AdamRS

Post by AdamRS » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:58 am

Oh, wow. This is considerably more detail than you posted in the other thread. She also has a satanic bible, too?

She's definitely demonized; and from reading certain conversion testimonies from others in the past, it also sounds like she may be claiming atheism in order to separate herself from her past occult involvement (which is impossible w/out the grace of Jesus). She needs many loving prayers, and a gentle fellowship from those willing to shower her w/ the love of Christ.

I can relate w/ your son. I was in an adulterous relationship myself a few years back, which turned toxic. I prayed to God to help end it, and the breakup was initially painful but well worth it. If he's serious, He'll need to trust God and completely sever all ties with her (for the time being). This will include getting rid of all pictures with her, and anything else, that reminds him of the relationship. If they've been sexually active, he'll also need to break the soul tie they've formed in Jesus' name--as well as lean on Him to resist any further temptation to see her again (friends w/ benefits, etc.). Even after they break up, there's a very strong chance that she'll try to come back around.

He'll need to be firm on this.

I'll be praying. Amen.
I asked the Lord one morning, "What can defeat them (demons)?". Immediately within my spirit, I felt the words "FAITH IN ME".

uncertain

Post by uncertain » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:15 pm

*praying*
&#10013;

michel67

Post by michel67 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:37 pm

Thank you for the prayers . Yes, she has admitted to having a satanic bible, I was at the apartment months ago and she said it was somewhere , and had even read some of it to my son before. I told her she needs to rid of it. She also has tarot cards. I saw them . My temptation grew, after having been into the occult in the past, but that's the past. I want no more of that, I know what it does to someone and their life. I have prayed for her, tried to shower her with love,and the Love of Jesus, and she admitted to my son she likes me, but she does not seem to want to change from her partying life. A few weeks ago, my son, his friend, her, and her friend went out, she left with men she did not know, my son said he went after the men ,stood in the street,taking his shirt off. and throwing his shoe at the car, a policeman came by, put my son in cuffs, but after my son explaining he told my son to go home and leave. She on the other hand, was at these men's place, she says she tried to leave and they told her no, so they beat her up a bit, her back bruised and face. She had called my son at 430 in the morning to pick her up, he told her no, he had had enough. She had went with these men willingly, leaving my son, her boyfriend behind. That's when he sent home to pack after he called me at 230 in the morning, upset, while my other son went over to help him pack and keep him calm, but he is trying to hold off till April when the lease is up. I told him dont worry about that. He needs to leave. And if she is going to throw a bottle at his head and hit him in the mouth and bust it open because he says no to taco bell and she just got home from being kicked out of a bar with her friend, he needs to get away from her. He is stressed, he went to the doctor today and has high blood pressure at 22 and anxiety . They gave him something to relax him. She goes back to court in a few weeks and my son thinks she may go to jail. He won't bail her this time. He has never been to jail or had issues. She has.

uncertain

Post by uncertain » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:45 am

Aww! :(

And I don't know why we're drawn to stuff like tarot cards or other stuff... knowing what they are and even perhaps how less than useless they are. Yet the interest or tugs within are still there...
&#10013;

AdamRS

Post by AdamRS » Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:01 am

uncertain wrote:And I don't know why we're drawn to stuff like tarot cards or other stuff... knowing what they are and even perhaps how less than useless they are. Yet the interest or tugs within are still there...
Well, on my part, I was drawn to them due to playing certain video games when I was younger that glorified them. This certain game not only used them to help determine the "alignment" of your hero, but also allowed you to use the various cards as magic spells during the game's stages (w/ various different effects).

In essence, it was a seemingly harmless introduction into white/black witchcraft.

When I was around 14, I ending up stealing two separate packs from a local book store; keeping them for a number of years, after. I did card readings on myself, as well as other friends. On the surface, it was an entertaining activity--but deep down, I lusted after the power those things supposedly provided.

Which, naturally, lead into other forms of witchcraft...

As Genesis 4:7 states, sin lies at our door, desiring to rule over us.
michel67 wrote:My temptation grew, after having been into the occult in the past, but that's the past. I want no more of that, I know what it does to someone and their life.
I'm proud to read this part. Reading that helps me in my struggles, as well.
A few weeks ago, my son, his friend, her, and her friend went out, she left with men she did not know, my son said he went after the men...
That's terrible... and really another strong sign that this relationship has to end (and I can definitely relate here, on some level). And for those men to assault her afterwards is just another abominable reflection on the state of this fallen, ever more wicked world we live in.

Yes, he's best off returning home and breaking the lease on that apartment. In those cases, doesn't the landlord merely keep the deposit, due to failure to remain for the entire lease? Either way, perhaps he should contact the landlord and inform him/her of the situation and why it's best to go ahead and prematurely end the lease.

And he's WAY too young to be having blood pressure issues! :smile:
I asked the Lord one morning, "What can defeat them (demons)?". Immediately within my spirit, I felt the words "FAITH IN ME".

michel67

Post by michel67 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:58 am

She has told me she has seen spirits, or in her words, ghosts, before. And I think sometimes still does. Maybe shadow people as well. I'm upset right now at her because she deleted my sons Facebook today, as well as his Instagram. Took it upon herself to do. I tried to message him today to see how its going as I do and I could not. His fb is gone. I was curious and texted him and he explained she deleted everything because he had spoken with a friend , girl, but a friend. Now I cannot talk with my son via fb if I want to because of Her. He has got to get away. He would lose his deposit on the lease which is no big deal ,its his credit he's worried about for breaking the lease and trying to move again.

uncertain

Post by uncertain » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:20 am

Aw michel! :(

*praying*

It just seems so pointless, Adam. I guess especially when I'd like power from God.
&#10013;

AdamRS

Post by AdamRS » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:34 am

michel67 wrote:She has told me she has seen spirits, or in her words, ghosts, before. And I think sometimes still does.
This is exactly why I was skeptical over the descriptions you gave of her going atheist. It almost exactly mirrors this testimony of a woman who claimed atheism as a way to separate herself from her former occult involvements.

(I'll PM you a copy of this woman's testimony. It may help provide more insight into what's going on with your son's current gf)

It sounds like now is definitely the time for your son to break away. He'll need the Lord's strength on this, for sure. God can take care of him on the credit rating, down the road. His well-being is what's important, at the moment.
uncertain wrote:It just seems so pointless, Adam. I guess especially when I'd like power from God.
You know, the more I observe the state of our modern world from the lens of God's Word, the more I'm noticing just how perilous we are in this time. I've also come to realize that--especially since we're fully aware of Satan et al. via deliverance ministry--one needs to have a very close, obedient walk with God in order to be entrusted with any measure of power & authority.

We've become attractive targets; above both those in the world and those within the Church who would rather be willfully ignorant over the realities of spiritual warfare. At this point, if we don't commit ourselves to a closer walk with God--the enemy is going to continue to hammer us and hammer us until we either turn to God or completely succumb to the attacks.

I've been noticing this on my end. To take a step closer to God means to take a foot out of the world; and it's often an initially painful step to be taken. The enemy knows this, and will test, and test, and test you to see whether or not you're serious in your walk. Ideally, we should all strive to the state of John 14:30, where Jesus proclaimed the prince of this world (Satan) had nothing in him; or notice to entice him with.

And we all need to pray earnestly to God and encourage one another to reach this...

michel67

Post by michel67 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:49 pm

Thanks Adam, he needs a lot of prayer. He messaged me yesterday and told me she makes him so depressed and he's tired of it. Of what she's doing to him and how she treats him. He's a good man. Works 40 hours or more a week, knows ,Jesus as his lord, he bailed her out of jail 8 months ago due to a warrant she had, he spent most of his savings for her. And she told me after he bailed her out she would never hurt him or get him in trouble. And she is. Physically ,mentally, emotionalyt and spiritually. He is praying she will leave. I feel for him. It has taken a lot to keep me from going to her after hearing how she hit him in the head with a bottle and busting his lip open.
Last edited by michel67 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdamRS

Post by AdamRS » Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:30 am

Just one other thing I wanted add: As a fellow man, I believe the Lord will also want him to initiate the break up, and remain firm on the decision. He'll provide the strength to do so, but I believe He'll want your son to lead here.

uncertain

Post by uncertain » Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:17 am

*praying*
&#10013;

LUCIANA

Post by LUCIANA » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:56 am

Blessings, peace,grace, mercy to you in the name of OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, ALL will be well, keep standing in faith, all seems against you but you have victory in ''CHRIST'' , your seed shall be saved also, what your son is experiencing will make him stronger, do not despair, it is sad to hear of this girl and her ways, she needs to turn to ''THE LORD'' repent, your son cannot help her if she is not willing to turn her life and seek ''GOD'', THE LORD GIVE YOUR SON CLARITY, PEACE, AND SHOWS HIM THE WAY OF RIGHTEOUSNESS , BRINGS HIM BACK HOME TO YOU, IN JESUS CHRIST NAME I PRAY, PRAISE THE LORD, ALLELUHJA, LOVE L******** :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

LUCIANA

Post by LUCIANA » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:36 am

SHALOM, PRAYING FOR YOU DEAR FRIEND IN 'THE LORD JESUS CHRIST'', THE LORD GIVE YOU STRENGTH, LOVE L**

michel67

Post by michel67 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:38 am

My son and his ex girlfriend are no longer together.. She moved out earlier this week, and he's staying in the apartment. She left when he was at work and took pretty much everything, leaving him with his things, but nothing more , and leaving a mess of spaghetti sauce on the kitchen floor for him to clean up, but, he is happy and at peace. :smile: