Will god punish school bullies?

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Lifter

Will god punish school bullies?

Post by Lifter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:22 am

I was bullied in middle school and high school by the same exact person. Before I describe it, I have read The Bait of Satan by John Bevere but I think that I have not completely forgiven him yet.

I am now working after graduating from college. In the past, this person would verbally insult me, physically shove me and intimidate me, steal things from me, patronize me, scorn me, and did a lot of very mean things to me.

My question to anyone is that is it a 100 percent guarantee that God will deal with this person by punishing his mean behavior towards me while he is still on earth? What if God never punishes him at all and he becomes a christian and dies, goes to heaven, and gets away from his ill treatment towards me. He didn't just bully me. I know for a fact that he has bullied plenty of other people before because a person went to speak to the school counselor and that same person who spoke to the counselor told me that this kid who bullied me has a record of bullying other people.

He once bragged to me in a very proud manner that he beats up other kids at his korean school.

Will God do something about it or will he just let him get off easy in life not suffering any direct consequences from his behavior?

I understand that I have done many bad things in my life just like everyone else, but I really don't think that my sins has as much of a negative impact on other people compared to him. I don't like talking to my pastor about it because he just tells me I am a sinner as well and have been mean before, just in different ways. He gives me the impression that he doesn't really care about me and that the bully's action is just like any other sin. I have never been consistently vicious to anyone to the same degree as the bully.

stillGods

Post by stillGods » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:44 am

thats a big question.

I believe everything will be made right when we get to heaven.. how that will be done or what that will be like I'm not sure.

God is a God of Justice and the Bible talks a lot about woe to those who abuse the poor and needy.

The bully will answer to God.

and so will we.

i wish i had more answers for you, all i know is the character of God and that includes justice and mercy towards all sinners.

justbeingme

Post by justbeingme » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:06 pm

I am going to go about this a different way. I understand that this bully was mean to you and others but it is easy to judge this person by how he acts now.

Could it be possible that this person was bullied and abused by a family member and thinks that by bullying someone weaker then him, he is able to have some control over himself, make himself feel power where before he was powerless?

So, are we to judge or love as Jesus loves? Does it make it right? No, of course not. But remember, that forgiving him releases you of the burden, not him. He doesn't know or care if you don't forgive him but God does.

Forgive again with these thoughts in mind and give all the hurt over to Jesus... and don't pick it back up. As any memories come, forgive and give it to Jesus. Ask Him to be with you as you do. Ask if there are any lies you are believing from this memory and what the truth is, then how to break the hold. You want to be free of this.

It sounds like you still have contact with this person. If that is the case, ask Holy Spirit to help you with your words when he tries something. You are not a child to be intimidated like before and have a right to stand up for yourself. A bully will keep bullying when they know they can get a reaction from you or think they are impressing their friends.

We get to choose whether to change or follow what we have been taught. Has this person ever learned about Jesus? Has he ever been shown a different way?

God will not get in the way of free will but will give a person opportunity to change. If this bully says something, don't take offense and pray for him instead. Keep asking Holy Spirit for guidance and stay with your faith and allow God to use you to be an example to him so he can change. You will see something amazing when you do.

Remember, when we ask for forgiveness for our sins, the Lord forgives us, so you are forgiven your past sins.
I am sorry that your Pastor made it seem like he didn't care. Maybe you can find someone who will give you the spiritual support you are looking for.
Things will happen, we cannot control those things but we can control our reaction to those things :smile:

Lifter

Bully

Post by Lifter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:43 am

Thank you for the replies. I no longer have contact with this person and maybe never will because we live far apart. After I finished high school, I moved for college and now live in a different city.

I spoke to a different pastor yesterday over the phone and he talked about the importance of forgiveness. I totally understand from the bible, The Bait of Satan book, and from pastors that forgiveness is very important spiritually because if I don't forgive, God won't forgive me nor answer my prayers.

There is just a sense of hurt inside me that doesn't seem to go away. I feel that this is an area I really need God to help me with.

I have no knowledge what the bully's life is like but I can see a bad home life as a possible explanation for his mean behavior towards other people.

justbeingme

Post by justbeingme » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:21 pm

Yes, you still want to see vengeance come to the bully but God is saying forgive and that seems so unfair. You need to remember that forgiving the person frees you, not the person you are mad at. It's like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.
It is a choice.

I bind all evil influences now in Jesus name. You will be silent and will not interfere with any of Lifter's thoughts. You will submit to Jesus' name

Ask Jesus to be with you now
Ask Him what the lie is about this bully you are believing. You should get a strong impression or memory... could be that you were a wimp and should have protected yourself, or could be you started to believe the names he called you... remember, that is the lie.
Then ask Jesus what the truth is... believe this truth and hold on to it.
Ask Holy Spirit what you need to do to break the hold it is having over you. Don't be surprised if He says to forgive.
Imagine yourself wrapping all the hurts, all the times in a bundle and putting them in front of the cross or at Jesus' feet. Then leave them there, don't pick it back up.
Then ask Jesus to fill you with the opposite... boldness where there was fear, joy where there was pain... whatever comes to mind to refill those empty places.
And don't forget to ask God to bless this bully because he was being influenced by evil and God wants all his children to be free. When you can ask God to bless him, then you know you have forgiven and are free from him.
Things will happen, we cannot control those things but we can control our reaction to those things :smile:

Lifter

Post by Lifter » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:28 am

Thanks a lot for the reply. I appreciate you took the time to reply. I had a habit of not always replying and I wanted to be better at replying back. Thanks.

LUCIANA

Shalom

Post by LUCIANA » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:21 pm

Forgive this person and let GOD deal with him, because the wicked shall perish, I have known a lot of evil , abuse, in my life and seen people being punished after several years , have peace, let go , pray and surrender it all to THE LORD JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR, MANY BLESSINGS, PEACE IN HIS NAME. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Lifter

Re: Will god punish school bullies?

Post by Lifter » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:15 am

Noted. Thanks.