Unwanted thoughts

A cozy place to share prayer requests, offer prayer for the needs<br/>of others and encourage one another in times of need.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

gregpc

Unwanted thoughts

Post by gregpc » Sun May 22, 2011 8:45 pm

Please pray the Lord release me from unwanted thoughts and allow my life to get back to normal.

Thank you,
Greg

irishstout1

Post by irishstout1 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:30 pm

hi, praying for you in agreement --- you need to take every thought captive and this can take time just dont give up, quote scripture outloud to replace those thoughts, stay in the word, listen to christian music, stay busy. Lord we thank you , for your word says "4The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ" 2 corinthians 4-5. there is power in the name of Jesus use it when being attacked, there is power in the blood-- talk and sing about it.-------- bless you

gregpc

Post by gregpc » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:52 am

Thanks for the reply. I've been working with various scriptures and really fighting to counter the negative self-talk and unwanted thoughts (possibly not mine). I'm starting to see some victory. I must stay focused on it at all times though. Praise the Lord! He has overcome and "has delivered us from the power of darkness..." (Col 1:13). Thank you Jesus for delivering me.