Prayer for son

A cozy place to share prayer requests, offer prayer for the needs<br/>of others and encourage one another in times of need.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

michel67

Prayer for son

Post by michel67 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:20 am

My son is 13, he is hanging out with the wrong kids again, wrong influences,,, he stopped hanging out with them for quite awhile, but now is back .. when he was with them before he got caught stealing, and stole several times, and Jan 1st 2009 a boy gave him some marijuana to smoke and my son took a energy drink with it and came home shaking, his blood pressure was up, we called the paramedics and they took him to the hospital, he was in the emergency room for several hours for his blood pressure and heart rate to go down . We could have lost him. Kids easily influence him and he wants kids to like him,, when he's out with these boys, he stays out all day, till late night, sometimes im waiting for him and wondering where he is , sick at my stomach worrying about him, if he's ok, in the summer we sometimes dont see him till way after dark.... he recently started hanging out with a boy who does marijuana and my son found someone who sells it and my son thinks he is a dealer now, but he says he isnt using,,, its only time,, he has always been our defiant child, attention child , and has a hard time with authority,, problems in school, etc,,,
He is saved, but pray he starts making the right decisons, better choices and choices with God in them . He has already talked to a police detective who is there to help him if needed and direct him the right way, but the police know my son . Please pray he turns back to God.

michel67

prayer for son

Post by michel67 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:59 am

The police came to the house tonight, my son and his friends were peeking in someone's house i guess, they suggested a childs facility if he continues , somewhere for kids so he can understand what he's doing and get on the right path and stop hanging with the wrong kids. Hopefully talking to the police and to stop hanging with these kids will put the fear in him.
Please keep praying for him.

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:40 pm

I have prayed and am now standing with you in agreement in prayer according to Matthew 18:18-19.

As a mother, I want to tell you this:

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. (1 Peter 5:7)

Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5 KJV)

Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God. And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. (Phillipians 4:5-7 AMP)

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. (Proverbs 3:5 AMP)

And this is the confidence (the assurance, the privilege of boldness) which we have in Him: [we are sure] that if we ask anything (make any request) according to His will (in agreement with His own plan), He listens to and hears us. And if (since) we [positively] know that He listens to us in whatever we ask, we also know [with settled and absolute knowledge] that we have [granted us as our present possessions] the requests made of Him. (1 John 5:14-15 AMP)

With all of this what I am saying to you is to pray and trust God. Pray and ask Him for wisdom and then move forward doing whatever you need to do for your son. Faith without works is dead. The road may be a difficult one. Your son has free will and the devil seeks to usurp his free will at an early age. The devil must be mightily threatened by him as he seems to be by the youth in general. It seems he has launched an all out attack against our young ones ~even the unborn...

But pray and trust God. And when you have done all there is to do, all that the situation warrants "STAND" holding your ground in faith. (Read Eph. 6) Do not be moved or swayed from the vision God has given you for your son.

In His Love,
Godschild
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

michel67

prayer for son

Post by michel67 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:11 pm

Last edited by michel67 on Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:51 pm

Michel, your son is in prayer! I can relate to your son in many ways. I am 19 years old and came to know Christ when I was 15, 4 years ago. Before I came to know Christ, my teenage years were rough. Growing up in a big city with lots of distractions and people and big schools, there are alot of problems. Most schools here in the Miami area are overcrowded and have gangs, violence, etc., things like that. There are alot of temptations and peer pressure to fit in, and it is awful what we see today in our middle schools and high schools. I was there too, I was suspended from school when I was younger for getting into some bad things and I was bullied alot and was jumped and in fights as a youth. I was one of those kids who always tried to fit in, and I would do foolish things to try to gain approval from my peers. I had alot of friends who did drugs and drank. I never did any of that (because my mother would kill me if she caught me doing that haha), but I was certainly around it and tempted to do those things. It is a rough age growing up in those early teen years. It was Jesus who set me free and gave me hope in life and a fresh start! God bless you and your family Michel, your son is in prayer! Remember the story of the prodigal son in the Bible- God loves your son and is waiting with loving, open arms to turn his life around. God bless you!

Mike
"Anyone who is in Christ is a new creation; the old is gone, the new has come!"- 2 Corinthians 5:17

michel67

Post by michel67 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:38 am

my son luckily made it to 8th grade with all the days he missed last year and now on the 4th day back while i was out yesterday came home and saw he was home earlly from school, my son said he had a headache and my brother picked him up from school, my son knows better than to call me, for i wont pick him up early unless the school nurse calls. so while i was lying down yesterday he left the house and i guess tried to break into someone's house, through a window and came home and told me his hand was bleeding, i covered it up and we tried to see if it would stop, and went to the hospital and had to have 5 stitches in it. i hope he learned his lesson this time but i doubt it, i just want him to stay n school, finish, get good grades, stay out of trouble, and trust God in his life.

michel67

Post by michel67 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Anyone who has children wants the best for them and wants them to succeed in life and not have to deal with difficulties,, i have gotten 2 calls this week from 2 different teachers from my son's school talking to me about his behavior in class, fidgety, distracting other students, etc.. not being hateful to the teachers and listening when they reprimand him but just trying to be the class clown, and today the principal called me and talked to me about his behavior when he got off the bus, and he was thinking of taking him off the bus but decided to give him another chance. I have always wondered about ADHD in my son and had talked to a doctor a few several years ago about it, my son is now almost 14, and the doctor had said unless he' s getting into negative behavior and trouble which some times he has, but he's never been put on any medication, i'm not really one for putting people on medication and that solving their problems and them being medicated, so never have, but the teacher suggessted it may be a answer if he doesnt eventually start slowing down and stop being so wound up and start paying more attention in school. He will be in high schoolnext year , hopefully, if he makes it through this year and he will need to pay more attention and stop the distractions. I'm going to get him into the doctor just to see i supposse but not sure about any medications right now,,

just wanted the prayer i guess and wondering if anyone else has been on medication for things like ADHD and if it helped at all or is any answer.... :roll:

michel67

Post by michel67 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:58 pm

so does anyone have any thoughts about ADHD medicine and putting kids on it?? im going to be taking my son into the doctor soon and see about getting him on medicine i guess, its the only thing i can think of, im getting too many calls from his teachers, and his behavior in classes, not so much bad behavior but fidgety, not listening , foolish stuff he shouldnt be doing with him just turning 14, im out of my wits with what to do and make him just go to school, sit there in class , listen to the teachers and do what he's there to do.

Rescuer
Moderator Staff

Post by Rescuer » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:46 pm

michel67 wrote:so does anyone have any thoughts about ADHD medicine and putting kids on it?? im going to be taking my son into the doctor soon and see about getting him on medicine i guess, its the only thing i can think of, im getting too many calls from his teachers, and his behavior in classes, not so much bad behavior but fidgety, not listening , foolish stuff he shouldnt be doing with him just turning 14, im out of my wits with what to do and make him just go to school, sit there in class , listen to the teachers and do what he's there to do.
God created boys with energy (they are leaders by very nature of the natural order of things). The western world desires to feminize boys and to suppress this God given energy. This energy needs to be channeled in some constructive redemptive ways though. Many children (even very young toddlers) are being placed on medication to treat so called emotional disorders (I'm not against medication per se but I see a very unhealthy preoccupation on medicine to treat afflictions that God desires to heal) Besides, many children are being wrongly diagonsed with emotional ills that are not present.

I have seen in nearly 25 years of ministry this:

When there is a strong spiritual (this is vastly different from a overbearing religious strict upbringing) father in the home, generally, children are free from many afflictions.

WHY?

Because God honors the spiritual leader of the home~the father. When a father is taking the lead and praying for the child, blessing the child, loving the child, encouraging the child, then the child is protected from many potential emotional/spiritual/physical/mental/etc problems.

I'm not saying a child with a strong father isn't going to come across some problems, he will. We live in a fallen world and all of us are prone to be affected by it in one manner or another, however, God honors and blesses the father who utilizes spiritual authority over his children.

Is the father of the child being spiritually proactive in blessing the child, praying for the child, encouraging the child, and loving the child?
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves..."

michel67

Post by michel67 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:04 pm

Yes, i agree with all that. I dont want to put him on medicine, if that were the case i would have put him on medicine several years ago because he has been a very very active child since he was a toddler, and i didnt want to put him on medicine therefore i didnt go further with it. He isnt a bad boy, but sometimes gets in the wrong trouble, has gotten in trouble with the police, stealing, etc, but because he was with the wrong kids, and isnt anymore. He is a very loving boy, wants him mom, still wants him mom to tuck him in at night, and spend time with him.
His father, is passive, goes to church but doesnt show God in the home, doesnt pray with the kids, says he would like to but doesnt, doesnt have or show spiritual leadership in the home, i , the mother and wife, are more of the leader, he doesnt discipline, doesnt spirituall discipline and never has, probably why we are in the situation we are . He encourages some, but not often enough

michel67

Post by michel67 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:07 am

Got a call this week from one of my son's teachers, expecting to hear bad news, news about him misbehaviing again and disrupting the class but she said he had a good week, he payed attention and did well, and just wanted me to know and hopefully he'll keep it up. And without medicine, i hadnt taken him into the doctor .

I had come to the conclusion that one thing my husbund has taught our kids , boys, over the years is how to clean, my husbund is a into overly cleaning, almost call it OCD, due to him feeling everything has to be picked up, and cleaned up,, when our boys were little and their toys were outside when he came home from work he immidiatly started picking the toys up. Which is a good thing to make sure youre kids clean, and pick things up, but no matter how many cookies you pick up off the floor, or toys or how many times a day i do dishes , you cant let it bother you or run youre life with cleaning, my middle son, the one having problems in school at times, gets agitated or nervous when things are tossed in the living room or kitchen and he feels he has to pick things up and clean and i know its good for him to help out and learn but he shouldnt be nervous about it and i feel my husbund has made him this way , he needs to teach them how to be Men, Godly men, praying as a family, godly discipline, listening, encouraging, responding to them, raising them and teaching them about God and living for God, etc.. but he hasnt and doesnt, he doesnt know how, he doesnt get it and wont , our oldest just turned 18, a little late there

michel67

Post by michel67 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:40 pm

my son just wants time with his dad, he said to me this afternoon that his dad spends time with everyone else but not him, due to him taking our daughter to the park , again, and he asked our son if he would like to go but he's 14, isnt interested in the park, just time with his dad. And if anyone said anything to my husbund about it he would say he does spend time , and wouldnt realize it. I know thats what my son wants, is just time with his dad, thats i think his main issue with everything, feeling his dad is there for him, to listen, do things with, spend time with, just sit and watch him play his game, or play catch with, football, something. I think thats why he some times gets in trouble at school, he admitted to the teacher for attention, and i think thats what hes looking for , attention from his dad. His dad doesnt get it and never will. Its sad for me to see and live around. Maybe because my husbunds biological father left when he was about 2 or 3 and he never had much time with his father himself, and learned how to be a father, but still, he had men around, and his mother remarried, so he had a fatherly figure and example. Though i think my husbund learned wrong, to not stand up in the home, to have quantity time with everyone, as a family, i even feel it as the wife, and he has more on his mind such as cleaning house and his job. He would never admit it but its the way it is. I think for years my son has been missing on time with his dad and doesnt feel it or feel his dad is there, to listen to him and participate in his life. I had to go to all of our kids kindergarten and 5th grade graduations myself, and some school programs myself, without my husbund attending. Life is too short to not be in peoples lives and be involved, listen to them, be there for them, understand them,, and my husbund will realize it some day. It has all just drawn me away from my husbund over the years and i dont even feel like being around him or with him because of his insensitivity and seeming to not be aware of peoples feelings, especially when the people are his family and children, seeming to take more interest in himself , cleanliness of the home and his job.
please pray for my son to feel Gods love and know that despite the way his dad is, he is still important .