Please pray for me

A cozy place to share prayer requests, offer prayer for the needs<br/>of others and encourage one another in times of need.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Gods Grace

Post by Gods Grace » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:38 pm

I just want to say Glory Glory to the Lamb of God.. Satan knows Jesus is coming so very very soon and his days are numberd. He wants as many as he can get and bring them down.. He is going after the ones that are doing the most damage to his kingdom. We are the children of the ALL MIGHTY< ALL POWERFULL Lord Jesus Christ. Keep fighting the good fight of faith..The battle is already won...Amen. You will be in my prayers...
Its all about HIS GRACE...

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Thank you everyone for praying for me! I praise the Lord, he is bringing me through! Even in spite of this, I still want to praise and serve Him! I just need strength and greater faith, and that comes from the Lord Jesus Christ! One weird thing that is happening lately is I'm like having these like rebellious, resistant feelings when I try to pray and read the Word. I hate these feelings too! Alot of compulsive, racing thoughts too. Perhaps Satan is trying to get me to resist the Lord, but I don't want to be that way! Jesus came to set me free and lead me in the TRUTH, which is in His Word! I love the Lord, what a friend we have in him! Just need help from God to keep fighting the good fight, I don't want to give in to Satan, and we don't have to either, just reject him straight up, as the Bible talks about. Thank you for praying for me friends! God bless you guys!

Mike
"Anyone who is in Christ is a new creation; the old is gone, the new has come!"- 2 Corinthians 5:17

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:22 pm

...And, "GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, His Love, His understanding, His compassion, His forgiveness, and HIS POWER are LIMIT -LESS."

We must understand that as human beings we have a tendency to place human limitations on God. When we do this we place Him in a box in our lives. We bind Him with the fetters of our thoughts, beliefs, and speech. We erect strongholds and place ourselves inside these strongholds and then the devil comes along and barricades us in so that we cannot reach out and lay hold of our deliverance.

But God is not a human being. HE IS GOD. As we use His Word, speak His Word and praise Him, we release His power and begin to tear down the strongholds ~some strongholds all at once, some one brick, one stone at a time. Once we begin to speak His Word and praise Him ~regardless of what we think, feel, or want to believe, apart from what He teaches us in His Word, we begin to unleash His mighty and awesome power.

Read what happened when Paul and Silas were imprisoned:

...the rulers tore the clothes off of them and commanded that they be beaten with rods.

23And when they had struck them with many blows, they threw them into prison, charging the jailer to keep them safely.

24He, having received [so strict a] charge, put them into the inner prison (the dungeon) and fastened their feet in the stocks.

25But about midnight, as Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the [other] prisoners were listening to them,

26Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the very foundations of the prison were shaken; and at once all the doors were opened and everyone's shackles were unfastened.

So often as we go through life and experience the inequities, disappointments, hurts, offenses, and false teachings of life and society we feel ourselves to be emotionally and spiritually imprisoned and become so tired and depressed that we feel ourselves to be moving through a virtual midnight of our souls in what seems like perpetual darkness and depression all around. It is prayer (praying His Word) and praise (singing and speaking praises unto Him) and rejoicing in His Word and in the Lord, no matter what the circumstances, thoughts and/or feelings that bring about the deliverance you so desperately desire and seek.

The prayers that Paul prays for the church in Ephesians 1 and 3, pray these prayers word for word, but pray them for yourself. Pray them inserting your name and as if you are praying to God in person ~saying "You, Father God"~ and inserting the pronoun "I" and "me" in place of "you", "they" and "them". Pray the Scriptures. Do this every day and you will see a change. Remember, it is a process and as such it, of a necessity, takes time.

In His Love,
Godschild
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

Rich K.

Post by Rich K. » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:58 pm

Folks,

From this weeks Derek Prince edevotional:

Praise - No Matter What

Psalm 57:7-8 O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise, even with my glory; awake psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early. KJV

There’s a man who’s made up his mind that no matter what happens he’s going to praise the Lord. It’s important to understand that praise should not arise merely from our feelings or our circumstances. It should arise out of our will; it should arise out of a deep will-seated decision. My heart is fixed: no matter what happens I’m going to praise God.

And then the psalmist says, "I will give praise even with my glory." What does he mean when he says, my glory? Fortunately, the Bible does not leave us to wonder, because on the Day of Pentecost in his sermon in Jerusalem, the apostle Peter quoted that particular verse but he changed one word. He changed glory to tongue. He quoted it this way: "I will give praise with my tongue." So that tells us a wonderful secret, our tongue is our glory. Why is that? Or why did God give us a tongue? Do you know the real reason why God gave us a tongue - the primary reason why you and I have a tongue? It’s to praise God with, and only when we use our tongue for God’s glory are we using it aright. And our tongue is our glory because with it, above all other members of our body, we can glorify God and use it for the purpose for which we were created. - Derek Prince

So we see praise is an act of our will and not based upon present state of mind, emotion or feelings. God is God regardless of how we feel at the moment or our specific circumstance.

In the same way, serving the Lord is a decision, an act of our will. "As for me and my family we will serve the Lord". It's the same for the word of God. I will live by and believe God's word above anything I sense from this temporal world. This world will pass away but God's word is eternal. It's an act of our will not based upon feelings or emotion.

God Bless,
Rich

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:54 pm

Rich K. wrote:Folks,

From this weeks Derek Prince edevotional:

Praise - No Matter What

Psalm 57:7-8 O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise, even with my glory; awake psaltery and harp: I myself will awake early. KJV

There’s a man who’s made up his mind that no matter what happens he’s going to praise the Lord. It’s important to understand that praise should not arise merely from our feelings or our circumstances. It should arise out of our will; it should arise out of a deep will-seated decision. My heart is fixed: no matter what happens I’m going to praise God.

And then the psalmist says, "I will give praise even with my glory." What does he mean when he says, my glory? Fortunately, the Bible does not leave us to wonder, because on the Day of Pentecost in his sermon in Jerusalem, the apostle Peter quoted that particular verse but he changed one word. He changed glory to tongue. He quoted it this way: "I will give praise with my tongue." So that tells us a wonderful secret, our tongue is our glory. Why is that? Or why did God give us a tongue? Do you know the real reason why God gave us a tongue - the primary reason why you and I have a tongue? It’s to praise God with, and only when we use our tongue for God’s glory are we using it aright. And our tongue is our glory because with it, above all other members of our body, we can glorify God and use it for the purpose for which we were created. - Derek Prince

So we see praise is an act of our will and not based upon present state of mind, emotion or feelings. God is God regardless of how we feel at the moment or our specific circumstance.

In the same way, serving the Lord is a decision, an act of our will. "As for me and my family we will serve the Lord". It's the same for the word of God. I will live by and believe God's word above anything I sense from this temporal world. This world will pass away but God's word is eternal. It's an act of our will not based upon feelings or emotion.

God Bless,
Rich
Also, Scripture teaches us that God inhabits the praises of His people. So, when we praise Him ~as we praise Him~ He is manifest. We are in His manifest presence. And it is in His Presence that we find fullness of joy. When we are in joy, we are rejoicing. The demons absolutely hate it when we rejoice for we find our strength in the joy of the Lord.

James 1:2-4 (AMP) teaches us:

2Consider it wholly joyful, my brethren, whenever you are enveloped in or encounter trials of any sort or fall into various temptations.

3Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience.

4But let endurance and steadfastness and patience have full play and do a thorough work, so that you may be [people] perfectly and fully developed [with no defects], lacking in nothing.

And 1 Peter 4:12-13 teaches us this:

12Beloved, do not be amazed and bewildered at the fiery ordeal which is taking place to test your quality, as though something strange (unusual and alien to you and your position) were befalling you.

13But insofar as you are sharing Christ's sufferings, rejoice, so that when His glory [full of radiance and splendor] is revealed, you may also rejoice with triumph [exultantly].

14If you are censured and suffer abuse [because you bear] the name of Christ, blessed [are you--happy, fortunate, to be envied, with life-joy, and satisfaction in God's favor and salvation, regardless of your outward condition], because the Spirit of glory, the Spirit of God, is resting upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified.

So, REJOICE!!! and GIVE GOD PRAISE AND GLORY!!!!!

Lift up holy hands, and lift up your voice and give God Praise!!!! :clapping: :mrgreen: :clapping: :mrgreen: :clapping:

Godschild :wave:
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

Rich K.

Post by Rich K. » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:00 pm

Again, in agreement with Godschild's post..

From another Derek Prince eDevotional:

At Death’s Door

Psalm 107:17-20 Fools, because of their rebellious way, and because of their iniquities, were afflicted. Their soul abhorred all kinds of food; and they drew near to the gates of death. Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble; He saved them out of their distresses. He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. NAS

There’s a picture of people in desperate need. They’ve become so sick they’ve lost all appetite. Their physical frame has dwindled away and they are just there waiting to die.

And then it says, "They cried out to the LORD in their trouble." My comment on that is that some people leave it awfully late to pray! But God heard even that last desperate cry. It says "He saved them out of their distresses. He sent His word and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions."

How did God answer that desperate cry for help? It’s so important to see that the primary answer of God to our need is through His Word, the Scripture. He sent His word and through His word He did three things: He saved, He healed, He delivered. Those are the three provisions of God’s mercy:

He saves from sin.
He heals from sickness.
He delivers from the power of Satan.

And remember, it’s through His Word. The Word is the way in which God primarily answers our prayers and comes into our lives. If you are in desperate need and call out to God for help, then expect help to come through His Word. - Derek Prince

The provision is in the promises. Find the scriptures that deal with your specific need and stand on them, confess them, believe them... until the substance for what you are believing for becomes evident.

God Bless,
Rich

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:41 pm

RichK wrote:
The provision is in the promises. Find the scriptures that deal with your specific need and stand on them, confess them, believe them... until the substance for what you are believing for becomes evident.
God is not a man, that He should tell or act a lie, neither the s on of man, that He should feel repentance or compunction [for what He has promised]. Has He said and shall He not do it? Or has He spoken and shall He not make it good? (Numbers 23:19 AMP)

For all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. (2 Corinthians 1:20 NKJV)

The Amplified Bible puts it this way:

For as many as are the promises of God, they all find their Yes [answer] in Him [Christ]. For this reason we also utter the Amen (so be it) to God through Him [in His Person and by His agency] to the glory of God.

And The Message puts it this way:

Whatever God has promised gets stamped with the Yes of Jesus. In him, this is what we preach and pray, the great Amen, God's Yes and our Yes together, gloriously evident. God affirms us, making us a sure thing in Christ, putting his Yes within us. By his Spirit he has stamped us with his eternal pledge—a sure beginning of what he is destined to complete.

So, this is what I say to you:

Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

6In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.

In His Love,
Godschild

Rescuer
Moderator Staff

Post by Rescuer » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:49 pm

Mike, I can meet you in Orlando in June. :wave:

Jesus will deliver!
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves..."

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:05 pm

I have to keep fighting! God will bring me through, I'm sure of that, and He never LIES!! Jesus is the WAY, the TRUTH, and the LIFE! Even in the midst of this attack on my mind I still want to keep praising the Lord and fighting! Satan has tried too long to lie to me and force me to doubt and compromise and take away my joy in my walk with Christ, but I want to keep fighting the good fight! Satan has shot lies across my mind and has tried to get me to doubt God's Word and everything. I have had compulsive blasphemous thoughts that are horrible, and the guilt and fear afterwards is awful! I just pray for the strength and faith to fight and keep going! I don't want to give in! I cannot do it alone, my strength is in Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior who died on the cross for our sins and rose on the third day and defeated death and Satan! It has been a long 8 months of little rest, sleepless nights, and fear- but this is not from God! If I am suffering for the sake of Christ, then I can still rejoice! I think the book of James said "consider it pure joy to go through trials". Thank God! Praise be to the Lord Jesus Christ! God bless you friends! Can't wait to be free! Must keep fighting though, and God is our strength in this fight. Time to bust out the Word on Satan and see the devil cut to pieces by the Word of God, which the Bible says is living and active, sharper than any double-edged sword! God bless!

Mike
"Anyone who is in Christ is a new creation; the old is gone, the new has come!"- 2 Corinthians 5:17

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:08 pm

Rescuer wrote:Mike, I can meet you in Orlando in June. :wave:

Jesus will deliver!
Awesome Rescuer! I am closer to Miami and Orlando is about a 3-4 hour drive from here, but if it be God's will, maybe something can work out.

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:07 am

Trying to fight! The thoughts I am having I hate so badly and I am petrified that I am the source of these thoughts and feelings! The other day I mentioned how I just wanted to research the 1 John 5:7 thing, how it is in the KJV but not in the NIV. All I wanted was understanding on that, and then I am getting attacked. I still fully believe God's Word too! Satan started trying to plant all these doubts in my mind, and force me to doubt Jesus as the Son of God and God in the flesh, and the Trinity, and to doubt God's Word, but even in the midst of doubt, I still kept trying to hang on despite the pressure and attack on my mind. Not easy to do either. God is helping me to overcome this by bringing me understanding on this, but now I feel condemned and hopeless. I know that is definitely not from God, but the very thoughts I was having kill me, I am petrified of those thoughts! I still keep trying to fight back with the Word, and it is overwhelming. I want to resist un-Godly thoughts so bad and take them captive to the obedience of Christ, as the Bible says. Just to get thoughts out of my mind is crazy. My mind is so compulsed, I have to rub my eyes just to try to resist the thoughts, and it feels like I am physically exerting myself just to resist un-Godly thoughts. I am petrified, I hope God forgives me for this! I know God is loving, but these thoughts I have been having are downright insane! I have been having compulsive doubts about minor things too, even when God tries to reveal something to me, even though we know what God says is true and never lies, I feel compulsed to doubt. I hate it too, because deep in my heart I still believe and know Satan is a liar, and that Jesus is the truth! I am deathly afraid of hell and the unpardonable sin too! I need help! I still need to fight and keep fighting with God's Word and prayer. It is quite overwhelming with the thoughts and feelings I have been having, I feel like I'm two different people, I just want to think for myself in Christ and resist evil and un-Godly thoughts and go all-out for Jesus! I am exhausted, and am only human, and I have been fighting for 8 months with no rest at all basically. I still want to keep fighting though, I just want to know God forgives me, because I HATE these evil thoughts and feelings! I need His help and divine love and grace, I feel awful and want to know I still even have hope!

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:25 pm

I am so afraid! I got up this morning at 4:30 am thrashing on the floor in insanity. I shouldn't be self-condemning, but I don't feel right at all. I am so afraid of hell and the unpardonable sin!!! My mind is so compulsed! I fear for my life! It all started when I just came across a question I had about a passage of Scripture the other day, and my mind is having compulsive doubts. I hate these thoughts! Satan is trying to force me to doubt the Bible and doubt Jesus as God in the flesh, and the Trinity and all, and I tried to fight to resist. I don't believe any of the devil's lies anyway, we know that everything the Bible says is true. But I feel so petrified for having such doubts and thoughts, I always feel like I am in danger of losing my salvation, I am deathly afraid! I pray that God would convict me by the Holy Spirit! Satan is shooting thoughts of apostasy at my mind, and I hate it and want so bad to resist it, I love the Lord and want to be free! I am having alot of weird attitudes and reactions of late in reaction to God's Word too. I know we can resist by the Word and in prayer, but I am so compulsed it feels like a physical effort just to reject un-Godly thoughts.

I need help so bad!! I need God's love and forgiveness, I want to know He still loves me even in spite of doubt and for looking or thinking at anything that contradicts the Gospel. I repent for it right now! I just pray God still hears me, I feel so dry spiritually! I hate these thoughts and attitudes I'm having so bad! I feel like I'm two different people- like deep inside I still believe and love the Lord and want to serve Him, but then I have all these thoughts and attitudes that are against Him compulsively it seems like. I don't want to be a lukewarm Christian, I want to be on fire for Christ and at peace in His love and mercy and walk in the truth. It seems the last 8 months everything has progressively gotten bad too. For example, I was able to resist this easier maybe back in December, now my resistance has come to like physical exertion and exhaustion. I don't know what is wrong with me! I don't know if it is a demon or whatever, all I know is I'm not in my right mind and my mind is not sound, as the Bible talks about. I have been having compulsive thoughts, racing thoughts to where I can't think clearly, blasphemous thoughts, compulsive doubts, confusion, anxiety, fear, nervous twitches, facial twitches, emotional bondage, and to pray and read the Word it is even tough. To pray now I feel like I'm straining myself physically just to pray without distraction in my mind. I still need to keep fighting, but I need help, it is very overwhelming and I can't figure out what is wrong with me!