QUESTION: What are familiar spirits?

A cozy place to share prayer requests, offer prayer for the needs<br/>of others and encourage one another in times of need.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

a_conquerer

QUESTION: What are familiar spirits?

Post by a_conquerer » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:56 am

I came into contact with a man of God a couple of times last month. He prophecied and told me many things about myself, some things I'd heard already while others were new to me. My problem is, he told me a lot of what I was thinking but wasn't entirely sure were going to come to pass. It was like he was reading my mind and telling me things he felt I wanted to hear.

I later on spoke to my grandma about it and she reckons he was under the annointing of a familiar spirit. When i asked her what that was she explained, but i still don't understand...

So my question, what is a familiar spirit? How do they operate? Is it easy to discern them? It is a stuborn spirit?

Thanks in advance :smile:

stillGods

Post by stillGods » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:04 pm

It is my understanding that a familiar spirit is one that has been around your family for maybe a few generations so are familiar with your family and yourself, obviously not everything as God is still in control of what they can and cant do and what they are allowed to know, God is Sovereign over all things, but they may be 'familiar' to you and know about your life say maybe more than a spirit who hasn't been around you much.

If not with previous generations then they may just be familiar with your life.

I may be wrong on this but this is what I have come to understand what a familiar spirit is.

nautical999
Moderator Staff

Post by nautical999 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:57 am

Still Gods you are right also another thing to think about in familiar spirits is this

I watched a show one time with a child that was giving first hand knowledge about the life of a ww2 fighter pilot and the pilots family cooberated all that he was saying. Familiar spirits can go to others in other families.
Also this is why people believe in reincarnation. Familiar spirits make them believe that they remember things that happened to others before.
A thousand shall fall at my side and Ten thousand by my right hand

neelam7

familiar spirits

Post by neelam7 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:47 pm

please read 1 samuel chapter 28 verses 3-7 you might get a idea of what this familiar spirits according to the bible mean.
NEELAM :clapping:

Jewels

Post by Jewels » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:55 am

My question is if this was a" man of God" what if it was the Lord speaking through him? There are gifts of prophecy and word of knowledge and so forth. What do u mean " man of God" Is this person a born again anointed minister with a good background?
There are real men and women of our God that do operate in the gifts of the Holy Spirit and we have to be cautious not to confuse the counterfeit with the genuine.
What gave your grandma this inclination?