Mark 5:1-20

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

stillGods

Post by stillGods » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:06 am

Another poster at another forum posted this about the pigs in Mark 5 (have posted this passage of scripture in a separate post after this one for reference reading). In case it is interesting for others I am sharing it.

Why the demons begged to be allowed to enter the swine is unclear from the account. It could be because they didn’t want to leave the area where they had been successful in doing their mischief among the people. Perhaps they were drawn to the unclean animals because of their own filthiness. The demons may have made this strange request because it was their last chance to avoid confinement in the Abyss, the place of confinement to which evil spirits are doomed (Revelation 9:1-6). Whatever their reasoning, it is clear from the account that demons had little power of their own and were unable to do anything without Jesus’ permission. As Christians, we can take comfort in the knowledge that the forces of the enemy of our souls are under the complete control of God and can only act in ways He allows.

The Bible doesn’t explain to us Jesus’ reasoning, but displaying His sovereign power over demons could be one reason why Jesus sent them into the pigs. If the pigs’ owners were Jews, Jesus could have been rebuking them for violating Mosaic law which forbids Jews from eating or keeping unclean animals such as swine (Leviticus 11:7). If the swineherds were Gentiles, perhaps Jesus was using this miraculous event to show them the malice of evil spirits under whose influence they lived, as well as displaying His own power and authority over creation. In any case, the owners were so terrified to be in the presence of such spiritual power that they made no demand for restitution for the loss of their property and begged Jesus to leave the region. The people were awe-struck but unrepentant—they wanted no more of Jesus Christ. This shows the hardness of their hearts and their desire to remain in sin. The healed demoniac, on the other hand, demonstrated the true faith and repentance of a changed heart and begged to be allowed to follow Jesus. Perhaps the unmistakable difference between the saved and the unsaved was an object lesson for the disciples and all who witnessed the event. Jesus sent the healed man away, giving him a commission that he joyfully obeyed: "Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you" (Mark 5:17-20).

Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-de...#ixzz3Jw697Ynd

stillGods

Post by stillGods » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:07 am

Mark 5:1-20 (NIV)

Jesus Restores a Demon-Possessed Man

5 They went across the lake to the region of the Gerasenes.[a] 2 When Jesus got out of the boat, a man with an impure spirit came from the tombs to meet him. 3 This man lived in the tombs, and no one could bind him anymore, not even with a chain. 4 For he had often been chained hand and foot, but he tore the chains apart and broke the irons on his feet. No one was strong enough to subdue him. 5 Night and day among the tombs and in the hills he would cry out and cut himself with stones.

6 When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. 7 He shouted at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God’s name don’t torture me!” 8 For Jesus had said to him, “Come out of this man, you impure spirit!”

9 Then Jesus asked him, “What is your name?”

“My name is Legion,” he replied, “for we are many.” 10 And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.

11 A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. 12 The demons begged Jesus, “Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them.” 13 He gave them permission, and the impure spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned.

14 Those tending the pigs ran off and reported this in the town and countryside, and the people went out to see what had happened. 15 When they came to Jesus, they saw the man who had been possessed by the legion of demons, sitting there, dressed and in his right mind; and they were afraid. 16 Those who had seen it told the people what had happened to the demon-possessed man—and told about the pigs as well. 17 Then the people began to plead with Jesus to leave their region.

18 As Jesus was getting into the boat, the man who had been demon-possessed begged to go with him. 19 Jesus did not let him, but said, “Go home to your own people and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you.” 20 So the man went away and began to tell in the Decapolis how much Jesus had done for him. And all the people were amazed.

stillGods

Merciful God

Post by stillGods » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:52 am

gotta say I love how Jesus is so down to earth when He frees people.

God freed me and it was really straightforward.
God gave me the truth about Himself and my situation, I responded (with some difficulty for some of it but He is God and it is me that needed to submit to the truth about Him and my situation as outlined in His Word the Bible) and once I repented and submitted in my life to Him I was free.

The truth does set us free. The truth about God. The truth outlined in His Word set us free as we submit to it and adjust our lives accordingly.

The willingness to change our lives to get in line with Him sets us free, as we take those steps God helps us. God responds to our faith, as we trust in Him to help us walk in righteous ways God sends His grace to help us.

The power of His love casts out all fear. His love poured into our hearts heals us from old hurts and wounds and we are incredibly able to get up stronger in Him, in His love.

Thank you Father God for your mercy and grace.
Father I pray for all those here who are hindered by old hurts and wounds, where strongholds have been set up around those old hurts and wounds, I pray please Lord God enable them to come to You, to see and know for real the truth about You and therefore the truth about their situations so that they can walk in that truth, so that their lives can be lived in righteous ways to bring glory to You. Father please intervene in each ones life, may they know Your Incredible, Unconditional Love poured out into the very depths of their being and be empowered by Your Holy Spirit to live in the ways that please and honor You, for Your Glory, in Jesus Precious Name, amen.

stillGods

Merciful God

Post by stillGods » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:53 am

oops double post

LUCIANA

Post by LUCIANA » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:55 am

SHALOM, THE PEACE OF ''GOD'' BE WITH YOU IN JESUS CHRIST OUR SAVIOUR, AMEN.
WHAT WE SEE IS FULL AND TOTAL DELIVERANCE AND HEALING FROM DEMONS, HEALING OF MIND AND BODY, WHAT A MIRACLE*
THE PIGS KILLED THEMSELVES RATHER THAN BEING POSSESED BY THE DEMONS, SO WHERE DID THE ''LEGION ,DEMONS GO?
IN THOSE THAT ASKED ''THE LORD JESUS TO LEAVE'', MONEY FOR THEM WAS MORE IMPORTANT THAN WHAT THEY HAD JUST WITNESSED, THE HEALING AND MENTAL RESTORATION OF THIS POOR SOUL WHO WAS SELF INFLICTING AND LEFT TO LIVE NAKED ,CUTTING HIMSELF IN THE TOMBS, AND ALL THEY SAW WAS THE DEATH OF THEIR PIGS.
HOW MANY TODAY SEE THE SAME? GREED, MONEY, BEFORE THEIR SALVATION, FAITH .
YES THIS CERTAINLY SHOWS US THAT WE CAN BE HEALED AND SET FREE, JUST AS THIS MAN DID, WE HAVE TO BELIEVE IT**
BLESSINGS ,LOVE, PEACE, IN 'THE LORD JESUS CHRIST NAME'', GLORY ,HONOUR AND PRAISE TO HIM ALONE, JOY TO ALL** :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: