Ask God or command demons

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

gregpc

Ask God or command demons

Post by gregpc » Tue May 07, 2013 7:44 pm

I've been praying about something for a while now, asking God for wisdom and understanding and maybe others have done this too... As I seek deliverance, I've wondered how to get complete deliverance because it seems every approach has failed to bring total relief. What I had wondered is, do I ask God to deliver me, to make any demons go, and then wait for him to touch me, or do I command them demons to go until they go? I guess not standing firm on a specific approach is one issue for me, but I've been under such heavy attack, I have not know which way to go. I've asked God, but I have not really gotten an exact answer. I've had most say believe God's word and cast it out. Don't ask God to do what He commanded you to do. At the same time, I know others who asked God, and we see in scripture that we should ask. Jesus said, "Ask, seek, knock," "Ask and you will receive," and he taught us to pray, "Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil." Also, Paul asked God to take his demons away, and in James it says, "You have not because you ask not." So there is a place for asking. Ultimately, we must be led of the Spirit, whether to ask or cast out, and I have sought to do that, but again, I feel I've not been getting an exact answer here. The Lord has told me to stand firm and that, I believe, is because I have not. I am now trying to learn how to do that.

I will say that it seems I have had more success with commanding than with asking, although I pray often for God to lead me in the way I should go.

Greg

Psalm37:4

Post by Psalm37:4 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:07 am

I believe that both can be done. I always ask God to take control and i also cast out in the name of Jesus Christ because we do have that authority. In doing deliverance, we must remove all "legal rights" that we have allowed first. This is done by confession and repentance. True repentance. Without repentence in our lives, trying to take authority over the demons will be useless. Then we must ask God to deliver us. But then again, repentance weighs much in God's eyes. But to answer your question. I do both brother.
Isaiah 61:1 ."The Spirit of the Lord has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound."

jryan

Prayer and action

Post by jryan » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:47 am

Although there is no magic formula to prepare yourself for deliverance there is a proper way to approach deliverance, as is in any prayer.

This is what I do when I am able unless circumstance is not on my side. Sometimes I might be in a place where I'm unable to follow the list below due to time, place or situation that I'm in at any given time. However, for self deliverance there is no excuse for me not to properly approach the Lord in prayer.

1. Worship through the Word of God
2. Confess my sins
3. Repent from my sins
4. Discern what kind of bondage I'm in
5. Cast out demons and be delivered
6. Pray for blessings
7. Give thanks to the Lord

I hope this is helpful to you Brother.
God Bless,
John

Ambassador G

Post by Ambassador G » Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi gregpc:

Command them out. Paul asked God to remove the spirit and it didn't work. God did, although, answer Paul's question, "My grace is sufficient." God's grace is everything we've received from Jesus that we didn't deserve. Part of that grace is Spiritual Authority. It's like if you were to ask me for bigger muscles I would respond, "My weight bench is sufficient." In other words, use what I've given you.

When Jesus said, "Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from the evil one"; that request was answered when Jesus when to the cross and we received grace (the tools) so that we can now stop the enemy.

God's grace includes: Spiritual Authority, Peace, Abundance, Forgiveness of Sins and Healing. We have promises in the Bible to accomplish each one of these in our lives.

See the book, "When Healing Prayers Aren't Working - Spiritual Warfare for Real"
2 Cor 5:7 - For we walk by FAITH not by sight!