Incited Or Forced Into It?

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Pastor QT

Incited Or Forced Into It?

Post by Pastor QT » Thu May 02, 2013 4:52 am

Then Satan stood against Israel and provoked David to number Israel.
1 Chronicles 21v1

The word rendered provoked in the King James is cuwth sooth in Hebrew. It means to stimulate, seduce, entice, move, persuade, or stir up. And so Satan only incited David to sin, he didn’t force him.

This is good news! Although the devil does wield some power, he can only persuade you to sin but he cannot compel you. Satan cannot force you to do anything. How comforting! How uplifting! How empowering!

Satan’s power is seductive, it only becomes coercive the moment you obey him.

So stand your ground and steadfastly resist his evil advances, offers, and persuasions. If you do so you will be totally safe from bondage. However if you give in to his stimulants, he will get into you and gain a foothold in your life. Once he is inside, he can drive you from within thus “forcing” you into certain evil behaviour hence the term compulsive behaviour.

The main lesson in this verse is the power of choice. You can receive or reject the Devil and his cohorts through your choices. Your freedom or bondage is proportionate to the quality of your choices. Provoked? Yes. Forced? No.
I love you with bondage-breaking love!

Pastor QT is a published author, missionary and speaker. He is ready to do anything, anytime, anywhere for the sake of Jesus Christ!

gregpc

Post by gregpc » Tue May 14, 2013 8:17 pm

I agree with this 100%. As I first read it, I started to disagree about him forcing you, but I saw what you meant, that he could only force you once you give in. I can relate to this. This is my struggle to get him out. I agreed with his lies and since then I have had to fight off his perverse thoughts. I hope to cast him out so that I do not have to do this any more.

Greg