TOUCHING DEAD BODIES ? HELPP!

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

WorshipTheKing138

TOUCHING DEAD BODIES ? HELPP!

Post by WorshipTheKing138 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:20 pm

Hello, I have a question, you see i was reading an article on great bible study ( the site) and I came across this title "touching dead bodies and spiritual defilement " ......i read it......and now I'm starting to wonder.. You see my mother works for hospice and she is constantly touching dead bodies . So i was just curious ...is there like an exception to this. I asked a pastor on the subject and I even reminded her about what the bible says about touching dead bodies....she was like , "naahhh that's old testament , your mother has been anointed by God to do this work." Well I'm a bit confused , I mean when God tells us to NOT do something He means it....He isn't passive about sin.....so can some please help me .....Has my mom REALLY been anointed by God to do this work? thank you!! :crying: :crying: :crying:

pinetree

Post by pinetree » Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:47 am

The problem is, most pastors are completely and utterly clueless about deliverance. Very few pastors have ever cast a demon out, even tho' they have demon indwelt person sitting in their pews every Sunday.

Just because something is in the Old Testament, doesn't mean demons won't use it as an excuse to indwell a person. If it defiled you in the Old Testament, demons will still claim it defiles you now.
"For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost." Luke 19:10

DeafManHealing

Post by DeafManHealing » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:08 am

My father used to work at a funeral home. My sister worked at the hospital & nursing home.

I am not an expert or anything like that. I would pray before work & at lunch time and after work on the Name of Jesus Christ for spiritual protection as go about my duties.

I have thought about entering the medical field, going to school and working in a medical job where the pay is good and enjoy helping people.

If she is working in hospice, I would imagine there are physically strong male doctors & nurses or the ambulance or the funeral home picks up the bodies of loved ones who has passed away. There needs to be some kind of system in place for that kind of thing.

I can understand your mother having compassion as she holds somebody's hand as somebody takes their last breath but I don't think she should have to physically lift somebody after they have died because I know after people pass away. Their bodies become very heavy.

From what I remember years ago when I read that biblical verses in the O.T. I can not remember where the verses are but I think the context was talking about Israelite soldiers having to wait 7 days to be spiritually clean if they have taken people's lives in wartime.

I don't think this would apply to people who try their best to save people's lives in the medical field & the funeral homes.

I think this is more related to the soldiers in ancient Israel.

I could be wrong as this is something someone with more deep knowledge might help you with this issue.

I only have surface knowledge and this is something I am interested in if I enter the medical field helping people.

I am sure there are Christian doctors & nurses who are on this forum could help you & your mother with these issues & concerns you may have. The best thing is to pray on the Name of Jesus Christ everyday before & after work.