A Snapshot Of The Risen Christ

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Pastor QT

A Snapshot Of The Risen Christ

Post by Pastor QT » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:57 pm

I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lamp stands, and among the lamp stands was someone like a son of man, dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest.

His head and hair were like white wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword.

His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance. When I saw him I fell at his feet as though dead. The he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
Revelation 1v12-17

In Revelation 1v12-17, John the apostle gives us a head-to-toe description of the risen Christ. It is an amazing picture of our victorious King. Let’s note a few truths from this rich passage:

• His robe, as our High Priest who offered His precious blood once and for all, was the full-length priestly robe reaching down to His feet.

• His head and hair were white as wool; a symbol of His pure and unparalleled wisdom as the hoary headed Ancient of Days.

• His eyes were like blazing fire, penetrating through every falsehood, hypocrisy, and deceit.

• His voice was like the sound of many waters; a symbol of his great majesty.

• His face was like the sun shining in all its brightness, since He is the Sun of Righteousness with healing in its wings.

• His mouth spewed forth a sharp double edged sword, a picture of His sharp living word which penetrates deep even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow.

• His hands were holding the keys of death and Hades as a clear testimony of His victory over sin, Satan, death, hell, and the grave.

Oh, the splendour of the risen Christ! No wonder why John collapsed in awe in His presence; he just couldn’t look anymore. He was overwhelmed. He was overpowered by indescribable beauty and brilliance. I pray that you, like John, catch a glimpse of the risen King. If you do, your life will never be the same again!

P/S John’s description, brilliant as it is, is incomplete! No one can ever fully describe our glorious Lord.
I love you with bondage-breaking love!

Pastor QT is a published author, missionary and speaker. He is ready to do anything, anytime, anywhere for the sake of Jesus Christ!