The French Mali War Quandary: A Deliverance Lesson

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Pastor QT

The French Mali War Quandary: A Deliverance Lesson

Post by Pastor QT » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:41 pm

I’ve just been watching the news on a French news channel. A couple of weeks ago France boldly stepped into the African country to help drive out rebels that were taking the over the country city by city, town by town, village by village.

In a few days the insurgents were driven out and the captured towns were freed, much to the jubilation of the locals. Now the French want to recall their heroic forces back home but there is a problem. There are still some sporadic attacks from the stubborn militants. If they pull out now, they will leave behind an ill-equipped and ill-trained African Union and Mali army. In no time the rebels will rule the roost again meaning that their intervention has been a waste of precious state resources in a difficult time. And most importantly it means the rebels win.

On the other hand if they stay on, they will incur more casualties and further strain an already stretched national budget in difficult times. They are really caught between a rock and a hard place; it’s a difficult and delicate situation. I pray that they make the right decision…

A few quick lessons from this dicey situation:

• We don’t have to wait for difficult times to help each other out. Had the Malians been trained and equipped before this war erupted they would either have prevented the rebels from taking over in the first place or driven them out themselves. The church needs to urgently equip people on spiritual warfare so that they don’t get into bondage and are able to defend themselves in case of an attack.

• Driving out rebels or demons is only a small part of the deliverance process. A lot of time and resources have to be spent on teaching and training so that the victim can be able to fight off the enemy’s revenge attacks.

• Aftercare or discipleship is key if the former victim is to keep his freedom. As soon as you are done with the actual deliverance, make arrangements for the person’s aftercare. Have an experienced spiritual soldier walk alongside them, especially during the early days of freedom.

• Don’t leave until the liberated person has learnt how to shoot straight otherwise you would have wasted your time because the enemy will walk back in unchallenged.

• Before intervening in a nation’s or person’s affairs ask for assurances that they themselves are willing to fight the end. (I am not saying that the French didn’t do that!)

I couldn’t help but view this war from a deliverance perspective. The good part about the war we are involved in is that victory is guaranteed. Christ made sure of that on the cross. We win always if we fight according to the Book. Please let’s all pray for Mali.
I love you with bondage-breaking love!

Pastor QT is a published author, missionary and speaker. He is ready to do anything, anytime, anywhere for the sake of Jesus Christ!