I can create things with my imagination to worship God

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

okudaisi

I can create things with my imagination to worship God

Post by okudaisi » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:03 pm

is that bad?
For example, i created a lion of Judah, and other things in my imagination to worship God but my ex pastor said there was something wrong with me

MicMogen

Post by MicMogen » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:10 am

okudaisi:

While I cannot judge your heart (from where these imaginations originate) God can. Continue seeking His WORD for revelations about your heart, and/or any scriptural references to any New Testament believers doing the same. As far as I know, there are none.

My first impression is to state that this practice is commonly what's involved in witchcraft, where a "spell" or "enchantment" is ritually associated with some pagan entity - whether something commonly invoked, or newly defined (created) at the time of the ritual. Through research and experience, these "imagined" things often become "impersonated" by a spiritual entity. For example, in Celtic rituals a sea goddess was "created" through ritual for "protection" of the seafarer. Physical characteristics were detailed through drawings, repeated invocation of the entity in rituals, and legendary storytelling - all enabling believe in the effectiveness of that entity's presence, justifying it. Thousands of years later, people off the coast of the British Isles continue to experience ghoulish apparitions of that entity, consistent with how legend and pagan practice had described "she" should look. Hmmm ...

In witchcraft and most pagan practices, naming or creating a deity to carry out the bidding of the spell-caster(s) is a standard. Unfortunately there are a plethora of "fallen" demons that WILL associate themselves to do that bidding - thus there appears to be effectiveness in such practices. But they ARE deceivers, and we are warned NEVER to engage, entertain, or in anyway give support to such practices (paying fortunetellers, etc). That is the way of the occult.

From my immediate recollection, the only Scriptural references to apparitions of Christ have been how He ascended into heaven (as He will return), a "light," and "flames" (the Holy Spirit). Being metaphorically described as the Lion of Judah is not synonymous with His appearance, although imagery of that metaphor establishes powerful symbolism for Faith.

My deepest concern, however, is that you would "worship" what you've created in your mind, based on that symbolism. Christ is also metaphorically described as the Worthy Lamb, the cornerstone, the capstone, et al. I think it IS dangerous to justify worshiping these "symbols" - a slippery slope that is consistent with what God vehemently rebukes. The day a Lion "appears" in your bedroom and gives you divine instruction is the day you need an exorcist, if not sooner. (and I say this not so jokingly).

Go to the Lord with this concern, earnestly in your heart, seeking His Word both as written and as is revealed in fellowship with Him. Ask Him to reveal to you any associations from your past with the occult - of your own (whether naively or not), or from sexual relationships, marriages, and any family. Renounce those practices and seek repentance from everything that comes to mind that you KNOW exalts itself above the Truth, a genuine characteristic of God. Maintain a healthy discipline of reading the Word, staying in prayer, staying in fellowship with Believers, and do not forsake gathering together for songs of praise and worship and being taught - by His Holy Spirit and in Truth.
Praise be to God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with EVERY spiritual blessing -- because of Christ Jesus who is our Lord, our Victory, and our Deliverance!!

turgh

Post by turgh » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:40 am

I definitely understand urging one to use caution. But ...

there are things in Scripture that indicate Yahweh understands our need to use our imagination such as in Luke 3:22. "And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased." We know that The Holy Spirit is Spirit and definitely isn't a dove. We know that Yahweh is Spirit yet numerous other Scriptures use images such as Yahweh's face (Gen 33:10), His hand (I Sam 5), etc.

However, our imagination can definitely work against us such as in Matt 5:28 "But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart." Noting that the guy has done more than just look at her - "to lust after her."

The enemy does give us thoughts according to 2 Corinthians 11:3 “But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ."

So we're not always responsible for that first thought but we are from that point on. We're to evaluate every thought according to II Cor 10:5 "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;" Noting "...every high thing that exalteth itself..." and "...every thought..." That first thought might not be ours but we're not to entertain some of them.

We just don't want to make any image mean more than what it does.

nautical999
Moderator Staff

Post by nautical999 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:14 am

okudaisi
as you can see you are among good councel here. My question would be this:
by what power are these things created?
do the created things worship Jesus Christ?
do the created things acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord?
And then I would ask about what else is in the mind?
when you create these things where are you on the inside?
what else is seen?
A thousand shall fall at my side and Ten thousand by my right hand

LUCIANA

Post by LUCIANA » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:54 pm

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: PRAISE THE LORD OUR GOD,ALLELUHJA..YES WHAT IS SAID HERE IS TRUE, WE ARE TO FOCUS OUR EYES ON THE ''CROSS'' AND OUR LORD 'JESUS CHRIST', I HAD TO LEARN NOT TO USE MY IMAGINATION, AND TO FOCUS ON ''THE LORD'' ,IN PRAYER AND WORSHIP, IT IS NOT BIBLICAL OR SCRIPTURAL TO IMAGINE , I CAN SAY THAT IT IS DANGEROUS, I WAS INVOLVED WITH NEW AGE AND WE DID A LOT OF IMAGINING, IT DIDN' T HELP, AND PULLED ME INTO DARKNESS, THE LAST TIME I WAS IN A CLASS AND WE WERE DOING THIS IMAGINING ON HOW TO RELEASE STRESS AND FIND PEACE, WELL THAT DAY IT WAS THE LAST ,THAT EVENING I FELL ILL, AND NEVER WENT BACK TO THAT CLASS OR ANY OTHER, LATER MY LIFE CHANGED..I WAS SO DEEP INTO ALL THIS NONSENSE ,I THINK HOW COULD I BE INVOLVED IN SUCH STUPIDITY, ONLY ''THE LORD JESUS CHRIST'' CAN GIVE PEACE, FREEDOM FROM WORRIES,STRESS, LIFE ADVERSITIES,SICKNESS, ETC...I TRUST IN HIM, THE SCRIPTURES, AND I HAVE PEACE, JOY,FREEDOM , REACH OUT TO ''THE LORD JESUS CHRIST'' ,ONLY HIM, THE LORD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU IN HIS LOVINGKINDNESS AND PEACE, LOVE LU..... :wave: :wave: :wave: