Nightmares and Nightterrors arent stopping

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

michel67

Nightmares and Nightterrors arent stopping

Post by michel67 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:18 pm

i shouldnt be having all these nightmares all the time and nightterrors. Im getting alittle tired of them now, last night it seems every dream i had i was screaming out and hollering out, my husbund said he got up twice because he heard me screaming out and i woke my daughter up because i was hollering. I dont even remember what they were all about right now.
i dont even know if i want to go to sleep tonight and worry about screaming out again. theyre bringing all these nightmares and making me scream and holler out and raising my blood pressure up high.

tonight, i am sleeping with the bible with me and see if it helps......

DoorTwelve
Moderator Staff

Post by DoorTwelve » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:13 pm

Yes,they often come in your sleep the best way to deal with them is to read your bible and pray before you go to bed every night. Of course you may also need deliverance, but because this is also spiritual warfare you will need to bolster your heart with the word of God as well. Demons aren't afraid of attacking those who are not familiar with reciting and believing the word of God and those who don't know their authority in Christ however they are keenly aware of those who know those who cherish the word of God in their hearts and believe its promises and stand upon it,growing and exercising their authority. "For the weapons of your warfare are not carnal,but mighty for the pulling down of the strongholds" so you might check into some deliverance and ask God how you might apply His word to your defense.
Either way growth,growth,growth,in the word.
Oh and some nightmare demons that you might try casting out are Dreamweaver,Mare,Fear,Terror,and Fright scary movies sometimes open the doors for these little critters to come around.
Doortwelve :-D
In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."(Isaiah 25:6-9)

michel67

Post by michel67 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:43 pm

Hi Doortwelve, I know the Word and will pray before i go to bed. I often do as well as pray with and for my daughter as she likes me to pray for her before she goes to bed. I myself am not afraid of demons or what they may do, or their attacks, i stand against them and use my voice against them and will always fight for myself, my family, and others. My spouse is afraid of them, does not recite the Word, seem to know it or acknowledge it or stand, take authority against them or in the home. He has told me himself he is afraid of them , and my response was and is to him, God does not give you a spirit of fear and to be afraid of them but to stand against them and use authority over them. And yet he doesnt, so i do as much as i can and am able for myself and my family.

I just thought alot of the nightmares and nighterrors might be slowing down and dont like screaming out . they are just confusing me with my dreams and all . It will be alright..

Thanks

michel67

Post by michel67 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:44 am

I notice when i pray before going to bed the attacks seem to not be so intense ,, lately my daughter asks me to pray for her and with her before bed and she makes sure i pray correctly, she asks me to pray that she not have bad dreams and that she has a good day and if i dont finish the prayer correct she will remind me until im finished,, she tells me i must always say, " In Jesus Name Amen ". Last night i was so tired and went to bed and didnt pray and i woke up between 3 am and 5 am doing my hollering out thing again in my sleep, i didnt pray before i fell asleep. The night before or so i wasnt in a good mood and things were alittle stirred up prior to bed and she asked me to pray and i just didnt feel like i could, i kept trying and she kept asking me and it seemed i couldnt do it or say a prayer, but i finally did pray and felt better.

stillGods

Post by stillGods » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:22 pm

Father
We pray for Michel67 for a resolution to the nightmare/terrors situation. You know everything that is behind it and the answer to it. Thank you that you are Sovereign over all things and active in our lives. Please show Michel67 the way you would have her go in this situation. As Door 12 has said I pray that you would grow Michel67 in your word and that she may find such encouragement and light and a lifting of her spirit, joy, as she reads and renews her heart and mind in the wonders of the Truth about You and Your love and care for her.
Thank you for Psalm 91, I pray that as she lies down to sleep that more and more there would be great peace over her dreams, that they would be honoring to you, that no influence of evil would be able to get near her dreams, in Jesus Name, amen.
Help her stand strong in you, may the joy of the Lord be her strength, I pray, in Jesus Name.

michel67

Post by michel67 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:31 am

Thank you for the prayers StillGods - they mean alot

Still having the nightmares and nightterrors, about every night, but im still praying , believing and seeking the Word of God and trusting God.

ive been having them for years , probably atleast 15 years or more , some times they slow down and at other times pick up, theyve just been picking up more lately and coming more often,, most times i dont remember the dreams when i wake up in the morning, just bits and pieces , as with last night i remember some of what was in my sleep but i'll be praying each night whats in my sleep doesnt return, most times the thoughts of them dont stay with me ,

God is with me -

i will be fine

justbeingme

Post by justbeingme » Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Something I will do is I will bind the enemy and his demons from my thoughts and dreams in Jesus name and ask God to give me good dreams and fill my room with angels.

I am one of those people who can change a dream if it is not going the way I want and will ask God if it is okay or just turn the dream away from the bad. If you realized it is a dream, you can look to Jesus in the dream.
If it is a memory that is trying to come out, you can look for Jesus in the dream because He was with you.

Just some other ideas. The enemy will try for so long and then stop if you keep commanding in Jesus name. Will try to sneak back but you still have control because of Jesus.
Things will happen, we cannot control those things but we can control our reaction to those things :smile:

michel67

Post by michel67 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:31 pm

I dont know about the good dreams, i dont have many of those, and i do pray and talk to God and before i sleep .

I cannot , as far as im aware of, to change my dreams , i go into a deep sleep and it seems whatever is happening happens and im either an observer or participating.
Im learning and understanding my dreams , and at times will see Jesus or appears as Jesus and can go to Him, and Hes there but other times He isnt there . Most times its not good people, monsters, things like people call aliens, demons, witches, and satan has been there . As with last night, i recall seeing something moving in my arm or someones arm, it was a bump at first and then it started moving and moving up the arm, and whether it was me or not the person was running for it to get out . I do recall one instance where i had rebuked demons in my dreams and told them to get out and leave and i was saying it outloud as well as others in my home heard me.

I am also discovering that some of my sleep is memories coming out but in different ways, and other ways for me to see.

I am used to the dreams that are there when i sleep, theyve been there for awhile, and i suppose its just my sleep, maybe every one dont have these dreams, memories, not every night, maybe i shouldnt be , maybe i should have more peaceful dreams, i dont know what peaceful dreams are, or what else there is when people sleep.

Last edited by michel67 on Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

justbeingme

Post by justbeingme » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:51 am

try saying this before falling asleep

I bind the enemy and his demons from my thoughts and dreams in Jesus name.
I ask you Father to bind the evil too and to give me good dreams.
I also ask you to fill my room with angels.

see if there is a difference.
Things will happen, we cannot control those things but we can control our reaction to those things :smile:

michel67

Post by michel67 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:47 am

i have been praying each night and been praying for God to send Angels in the room and did pray the nights before for the evil to stay out of my sleep but last night i dont remember, i did pray but when my husbund got home from work he said i had had another bad dream last night, though i dont remember, all i remember was something about alot of dogs and puppies in my dream, i dont recall screaming or hollering out last night.....

i am trying... but like i said, im used to the dreams, i dont want them, i dont like them, but i have no way to change them or turn them around in my sleep .... all i can do is to keep praying and if i am able in my sleep and dreams to stop them or rebuke anything then i try but otherwise its just there.....

michel67

Post by michel67 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:08 pm

its ok now

thank you for answering