Field Reports from the West Indies

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Rescuer
Moderator Staff

Field Reports from the West Indies

Post by Rescuer » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:44 am

Dear brothers and sisters in Jesus,

There's much to report in regards to the phenomenal ministry that is occurring here in the congested, dirty, impoverished capital city of Kingston, here on the island nation of Jamaica. This third world nation is in need of the gospel. I have traveled to this island nation several times over the years however this was my first trip in more then 20 years and have seen firsthand the need for the Body of Christ to evangelize. To be honest I was stunned to lead so many Jamaicans to Jesus in a very short period of time. Souls were ready to respond to the call of salvation --all they need is someone to come along and lead them to the King!

Obviously the enemy did not want to enter this land to preach the gospel. From the very start we encountered difficulties including some problems with the immigration officials here. God has been faithful though and has allowed us to proclaim the gospel with great freedom and amazing fruit is being birthed from our open air mission work.

Some of the beautiful signs and wonders we have witnessed include seeing a partially blind lady healed, many with various afflictions healed, a number of souls freed from demons, wounded hearts healed, saints strengthened and many precious souls won to Jesus. We proclaimed this afternoon the good news of Jesus in the marketplace, on the streets, at bus stops, in front of stores, and everywhere God has guided us.

As we embarked on this mission in downtown Kingston we were warned by the locals not to go as it was a "dangerous" area. We though, by God's grace, specialize in visiting dangerous areas as these difficult areas are in need of the love of God! We discovered the people to be quite receptive to the message of the gospel in these "dangerous" areas.

The first person that we came across our path was in the middle of the downtown area of Kingston a young lady prostituting herself with her pimp watching nearby. She admitted she had never been born again and was in need of deliverance as she was terribly tormented by evil spirits at night while she slept. We led her to Jesus even though her pimp wasn't happy and commanded the demons to leave her in Jesus name. Immediately she felt the satanic spirits leave and a precious smile was seen on her face that truly touched our hearts. We also had a number of precious Jamaicans that approached us while we were ministering in the open air that desired to commit their lives to Jesus. We led them to Christ! Within an hour or so perhaps more then 12 souls were won to Jesus! Seeing the tears, hearing them testify of finally possessing peace, and seeing the smiles make this truly an enjoyable ministry journey.

Pastor James Beason and I are scheduled to visit some remote mountian villages tomorrow to preach the gospel. Please intercede for us as we seek to capture this beautiful island nation to the Lordship of Jesus! Already, we have a small group in place that desires to come together as a church. We are in prayer for the next step that will need to take place.

We are running on a few hours a sleep and obviously we are extremely tired from all of the travels. So, we need the strength of the Holy Spirit.

We bless you and your precious families in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves..."

Rescuer
Moderator Staff

Post by Rescuer » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:45 am

This entire day --here in the West Indies-- pastor James Beason and I have been on the road --responding to the call of God in preaching the gospel --for more then 8 hours traversing over one mountain after another preaching Jesus in various locations. In one open air meeting in Port Antonio, Jamaica, I preached to a jammed packed town square. I proclaimed the life, death, burial and resurrection of Jesus and called people to respond to the call of salvation. As I offered a prayer many were praying with me giving their lives to the Savior! They understand life is short (in the Third World most people understand how things are truly temporal, more so then many of us in the West) and nothing is assured so these precious souls were wise to turn to Jesus for eternal life!

While I was preaching, James was praying for the infirm and casting out demons. When the public meeting concluded a stream of people approached me for prayer and for deliverance. On this day many souls were saved, healed, and delivered! Moreover, a group of new believers are desirous of starting a church in Port Antonio. This evangelistic mission has been quite fruitful and would encourage everyone to utilize your short time here on earth to bringing people to Jesus, healing the sick, and driving out demons!

Interestingly, while driving back to Kingston, brother James was attacked by demons. The started to speak to him and threaten him, "F&*^$ you" they would tell him. He could actually hear them. They continued their attacks, "We said F&*^# you," knowing full well this was an act of demonic intimidation --he rebuked the evil spirits and they departed. He also broke off any curses and spells that might have been sent to him from those opposed our ministry in Port Antonio. We must remain on guard, we have an enemy seeking to destroy.
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves..."

Rescuer
Moderator Staff

Post by Rescuer » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:46 am

Dear Friends of the Lord Jesus,

Our most recent mission, in South Florida and the West Indies, was extremely fruitful as we ministered to hundreds of souls --distributing New Testaments, Gospel booklets, praying for the sick, encouraging the saints, conducting open air evangelistic meetings and holding private deliverance sessions-- The sheer number of souls coming quickly to Jesus was staggering. We lost track of the numbers after that intial hour in Kingston preaching the gospel. What a contrast to the First World as in the Third World precious souls were ready to receive Jesus as Lord. Often times in the First World precious souls have the obstacles of unbelief, doubt, and pride that hinder. Not so in the Third World and this is refreshing. This is why we have made it a focus of ours to evangelize in the Third World as souls are READY for JESUS! Yes, we spend considerable time ministering in the First World but we are seeing the outpouring of God's Spirit in these lands that we must not ignore. Recall our ministry in Africa, several months ago, where more then 22,000 heard the gospel and many thousands being saved! Or in South Asia where powerful miracles took place as hundreds were captured by the Lord Jesus. Or in El Salvador when thousands listened to the gospel at a MIDNIGHT open air meeting! I could go as we traveled throughout the globe!

Our time on the island nation of Jamaica was encouraging as there is a group of believers desiring to start a church in Kingston and Port Antonio so there is a need to be met! To capture an idea of how far we traveled please click on this map of Jamaica. On the right hand corner of the map you'll see in bold the capital city Kingston. This is where the journey began. We drove up and down the mountainous range, winding around various mountains. Then follow up northeast towards the town of Annotto Bay then eastward towards Port Antonio (which by the way many travel guides describe this journey from Kingston to Port Antonio as, "difficult accessibility, requiring travel over tortuous mountain roads") where we stopped and held a large open air meeting where many hundreds were gathered in the central plaza as I stood armed with my audio equipment and proclaimed the good news of Jesus! As I preached the Bible souls were lining up to pray with James. As he led souls to Jesus, drove out demons, and healed the sick, I continued to call people to surrender their lives to Jesus. So many were attentive and prayed with me as I led everyone is a mass prayer for salvation! In the Third World these open air missions are quite effective!

RichVA
Moderator Staff

Post by RichVA » Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:14 pm

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

-rich
Isaiah 61:1 "He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound..."

DoorTwelve
Moderator Staff

Post by DoorTwelve » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:04 pm

This is awesome these people are so hungry for the Gospel!
I will be praying for you both.... :-D
In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."(Isaiah 25:6-9)