God's Word Delivers...

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Godschild

God's Word Delivers...

Post by Godschild » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:22 pm

God's Word is a delight. It is loaded with promises and so many other things, not the least of which is His Divine Protection. But we must absolutely speak it. Yes, we all have problems. Yes, we all face storms in our lives that go way beyond mere challenges. Sometimes we are even buffeted over and over by category 5 hurricanes that seem only to wane and increase in power intermittently over the course of months and even years. However, we are the Righteousness of God and if we live in, speak, and use God's Word as He intends for us too, we cannot be defeated. If we know who we are in Christ, we cannot be defeated. We have to learn to say what God says about us and our situations (which is what the Word says) instead of what the situation says.

We have the authority of Jesus Christ and His Name, in His Name, to defeat and crush every thing the enemy sends against us. Sometimes it can get to be very, very difficult but the thing I have learned is that no matter how ferocious the storm, or how gigantic the wave, if you are grounded on and in the Word of God you will not and, indeed, cannot be moved and you will not drown either even though you may "feel" like you might. Jesus has this to say:

24"...everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts upon them [obeying them] will be like a sensible (prudent, practical, wise) man who built his house upon the rock.

25And the rain fell and the floods came and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.

26And everyone who hears these words of Mine and does not do them will be like a stupid (foolish) man who built his house upon the sand.

27And the rain fell and the floods came and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell--and great and complete was the fall of it.
(Matthew 7:24-27 AMP)

We, here, cannot stress enough the importance of having a personal relationship with God and knowing His Word. Familiarity with His Word is what will keep you no matter what you go through. But that is the thing, YOU MUST BE FAMILIAR WITH IT. YOU MUST KNOW IT. IT MUST BE A PART OF YOU EVEN AS YOUR HEART IS A PART OF YOUR BODY. Trust that we have a supernatural God. Trust that His Word has supernatural power. Trust that His Word in you has supernatural power to change you and your life, to save you and deliver you from the torments of the devil.

Make a sound, deliberate, quality decision today to totally ignore the thoughts, feelings and voices in your heads and to pay attention only to what God says in His word. I realize that it is sometimes exceedingly difficult to hear anything over the noise and the storms of life, or to be able to see anything positive through the haze of emotional torment and pain. But realize that for every one step we make, Jesus goes with us two. In other words, you make one step and He will be with you the rest of the way. It is difficult to trust in what you cannot see with your eyes and feel with your hands, or even taste in your mouth. But to do so is to exert faith. And without faith it is impossible to please him. But faith itself is this:

"...the assurance (the confirmation, the title deed) of the things [we] hope for, being the proof of things [we] do not see and the conviction of their reality [faith perceiving as real fact what is not revealed to the senses]." (Hebrews 11:1)

In order to achieve the things you desire you must have faith. In order to achieve, maintain, and keep absolute and complete deliverance you must have faith. But in order to have this faith you must know the Word of God and have a personal relationship with Him. You don't even need to have a whole lot of faith. Jesus says in Mark 11:22-24,

"...And Jesus, replying, said to them, Have faith in God [constantly].

23Truly I tell you, whoever says to this mountain, Be lifted up and thrown into the sea! and does not doubt at all in his heart but believes that what he says will take place, it will be done for him.

24For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will [get it]."
(AMP)

We speak to the mountain ~speaking God's Word in faith that God will act~ and it is God Who moves the mountain because He watches over His Word to perform it. But you have to make the quality decision that you are going to have faith in God even blindly and stick to it.

In closing I will say this:

5Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding.

6In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.
(Proverbs 3:5-6 AMP)

In His Love,
Godschild

SAY THIS OUT LOUD: "The Word is near to me, even in my mouth. Therefore, I will NOT give up, I will NOT quit, I will NOT be defeated, I will NOT be denied!"
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

BELIEVER-IN-CHRIST
Moderator Staff

Post by BELIEVER-IN-CHRIST » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:55 pm

AMEN :-D
"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."

stillGods

Post by stillGods » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:18 am

Amen from me as well!

I tend to have seasons of time where I am able to stay in the Word of God and do happily choose to believe what God says above what people or my situation is saying and then at other times I fall into a pit and get low and disccouraged and feel quite out of it.. HOWEVER even in those times I'm finding if I choose to believe God and tell myself what God says those times are getting shorter and further apart and have less power over me because what God says is more powerful.

God's Word is a source of comfort and strength
if we let it be and if we choose to align ourselves with God's way of seeing things (because He made everything so it is right to side with Him and He honors those who honor Him and basically He knows everything so it makes sense to choose His Word over our own)

And the Holy Spirit reminds us of what we have read too.

BUT it's real hard for Him to remind us if we havent read it because then there's no Word of God in us for Him to bring to mind!! so it's an investment to read the Bible now and put it in your mind now even if it doesnt seem to be doing anything it still is because the Word of God is living and active and so later God can pull it out and remind us to help us when life gets tough. I've had that happen when God reminds me or encourages me and helps me with verses I read many years ago.

You've basically said all that in your post..
just restating the bits I've found in my own life to be true about God and His Word.

turgh

Post by turgh » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:25 am

enjoyed your thread.