strong men

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

rosie

strong men

Post by rosie » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:18 pm

can you have demons without having a strongman controlling them? is it possible that the strongman is outside of the person, controlling a whole family?

nautical999
Moderator Staff

Post by nautical999 » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:18 pm

I have found that almost anything is possible. If the strongman is on the outside there is a throne on the inside where he sits. Also when he is away there is one who takes the helm. During a deliverance if the strongman does not come up I always ask the Lord to bring up the one he has called to judgement.
One other thing to think of is this..The Bible states that if we bind the strongman we can spoil his house. Whether he is inside or outside he can be bound and his house spoiled.
another note is if one is in delverance the strongman will be present. If not inside then outside observing to make sure his troops are standing there ground. :wave:
A thousand shall fall at my side and Ten thousand by my right hand

Collins

Post by Collins » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:54 pm

How often are you led to bind the strongman before you begin to do anything else?
No deliverance session is the same but would you say in a majority do you confront the strongman first or those who serve him?
What I have seen he usually throws those smaller and weaker at you first and you have to work your way to him.
Do you ever call him out first?
Psalms 3:3 "FOR THOU OH LORD ART A SHIELD FOR ME, MY GLORY, AND THE LIFTER OF MY HEAD."

nautical999
Moderator Staff

Post by nautical999 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:07 pm

like you said every deliverance is different. The advice i can give on this is follow the Holy Spirits leading.
A thousand shall fall at my side and Ten thousand by my right hand

DoorTwelve
Moderator Staff

Post by DoorTwelve » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:31 pm

For every strong-man there is usually a strong-hold,just a quik note
even if you remove the strong-man, you must break down the
pattern of the incorrect belief system behind the stronghold. Hence we take someone and God delivers them, yet we leave them with no clear instruction as to how or why they were in bondage in the first place this style of ministry will not free them for long. We need to speak words of truth into their lives concerning the things of God by bringing the scripture
into the discussion and show them how there situation is viewed by God
and how they may overcome it. If we show them from the word of God the truth then strongholds fall easily. When we do this the walls fall and the demon is left holding his britches and shaking because he has nothing to
hold onto. Then you expel him. Many things will determine a lasting freedom but certainly one of the most critical factors is the truth of the word concerning their lives. If they feel like God doesn't love them
and you cannot show them the truth from the scriptures ,that in fact he does then the success of the deliverance may be shortlived in that area. However if they receive a revelation and understanding of God's love for them then the demons over that stronghold will leave and have nothing to come back
to.......O sure they (the demons) may try to suggest that God does not love them anymore, but after they have the understanding because they are now focusing on God's love for them it is not so easy for the enemy to do,thie is why we need to renew our minds in the word of God daily.
In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."(Isaiah 25:6-9)