has anyone else

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

thewanderer

has anyone else

Post by thewanderer » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:18 pm

thanks for all your replies----but i decided to delete this post (wasn't sure how to do that totally) so i just editted this way
thanks
Last edited by thewanderer on Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

RichVA
Moderator Staff

Post by RichVA » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:40 pm

My opinion has been that deliverance is primarily about the person's relationship with God. Can a minister help? Yep. The better question is whether the person is alignment with God.

I've seen seemingly complex deliverances go quickly and some that appear to be simple take longer.

6 months ago 90% of what I did was in person. Now it is 90% over the phone.

-rich
Isaiah 61:1 "He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound..."

DeathDefeated

Post by DeathDefeated » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:31 am

Hi wanderer,

I would have to say that the answer to whether or not the only answer is death is really twofold to a point. The enemy takes bits an pieces of truth and twists them just enough so that it is no longer truth. I believe this is the case in what you are experiencing.

Scripture tells us that we must die daily (1 Cor 15:31). We walk in the enemy injected flesh (sin nature)(Rom. 7:20-21). This is the enemies domain. He knows scripture very well and can use this sin nature to control the thought pattern of our carnal mind.

To combat this, God has given us clear instructions on how to do so. We are to "be transformed by the renewing of the mind" by changing the way we think. We must shift from the carnal mind, to the mind of Christ! “Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God.” (1 Cor 2:12). By taking the flesh to the altar, under the killing power of the cross we can make this mind change and see the things given to us (FREEDOM) with UNDERSTANDING. when we do this, it places us in a change of Position from the enemies kingdom, to God's Kingdom.

Romans 8:12-14 “Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.” You must walk as a son of God to be a son of God. To be a son is to come under the authority of your spiritual Father. To be a part of His kingdom, you have to be under the authority of the King. That is what sonship is about, not just confessing, “I am a son of God.” That doesn’t make you one any more than swimming or going fishing makes you a fish.

You are what you do, not what you claim to be. If the Word is directing your life and decision, therefore your actions, then you are being led by the Spirit of God, for His Word is spirit and life (John 6:63-64). “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. But there are some of you that believe not.”

The WORD is spirit and LIFE! NOT DEATH. Wanderer, God does indeed will us all to have freedom! But the Word leads to Carnal death to lead to this freedom. Perhaps this is where the enemy has gained a stronghold in you. Feeding you a half truth (which is a lie). Stand in the killing power of the cross!

(on a side note as to deliverance over the phone). Distance deliverance is biblical.

Jesus heals the nobleman's son

John 4:46-54 "Once more he visited Cana in Galilee, where he had turned the water into wine. And there was a certain royal official whose son lay sick at Capernaum. When this man heard that Jesus had arrived in Galilee from Judea, he went to him and begged him to come and heal his son, who was close to death. 'Unless you people see miraculous signs and wonders,' Jesus told him, 'you will never believe.' The royal official said, 'Sir, come down before my child dies.' Jesus replied, 'You may go. Your son will live.' The man took Jesus at his word and departed. While he was still on the way, his servants met him with the news that his boy was living. When he inquired as to the time when his son got better, they said to him, 'The fever left him yesterday at the seventh hour.' Then the father realized that this was the exact time at which Jesus had said to him, 'Your son will live.' So he and all his household believed. This was the second miraculous sign that Jesus performed, having come from Judea to Galilee."

We can see from this passage that Distance healing is not only possible, but biblical!
Storming the gates of Hell,
Death Defeated

"Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades." Rev 1:17-18

jtkenya

Post by jtkenya » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:33 am

Dystany is calling you--you just can't die now. The question asked to me when I first sought help was "how desperate are you for deliverance"? Are you realy ready to get rid of your struggle and let God take control? I have fought a very simular battle where death just seemed to be the answer and for almost 11 to 12 years I battled and alone until last year where God led me to a wonderful church and ministers both at the church and here. It took a long time but you CANT be discouraged because of that. I was at one point in the same spot as you wondering if it would ever end yet I saw my friends move quickly in their healings and deliverances and wondered why it was so hard and a battle for me to get it and still do wonder from time to time and actualy as I am writting this 11 to 12 years of living with suicidal thoughts and hopelessness is a very long time--no wonder why it took some time digging out the stuff that needed to come out. The thoughts started around the age of 17 I am almost 28. Not only that it was generational. In between the times that I had received deliverance I learned much and how to stand and fight. Infact it seemed that the closer I got the harder the battle was (for some odd reason that just always seem to be the case for me). I kept going to church even though I wanted to leave because truth was spoken sometimes even felt sick an hour or so before leaving home for a service, I didn't want to go on with God, I didn't see much hope until one day I woke up and realized that the thoughts were gone and yes they have come back from time to time but able to fight them sometimes with the help of friends but not like they used to.