ABC's of self deliverance

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

DeathDefeated

ABC's of self deliverance

Post by DeathDefeated » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:32 pm

Here is an outline taken from the book of Acts that I have taught to those interested in Self Deliverance.

In the 19th book of the Acts of the Apostles we read:

Acts 19:16-20 (New American Standard Bible)

16 And the man, in whom was the evil spirit, leaped on them and subdued all of them and overpowered them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

17 This became known to all, both Jews and Greeks, who lived in Ephesus; and fear fell upon them all and the name of the Lord Jesus was being magnified.

18 Many also of those who had believed kept coming, confessing and disclosing their practices.

19 And many of those who practiced magic brought their books together and began burning them in the sight of everyone; and they counted up the price of them and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver.

20 So the word of the Lord was growing mightily and prevailing.

Here in the Book of Acts we read the Lord's layout for dealing with, and severing the ties of demonic influences in our lives. I have placed in bold each step that can easily be remembered by simply stating the alphabet letters A,B,C,D,E. I will discuss each one in minor detail.

A. Acceptance. In verse 17 we highlighted "in the name of Lord Jesus". We must Accept Jesus as the final authority over the demonic(by Accepting Him as our Savior) just as was done here in this verse. Even the Jewish exorcists recognized His authority!

B. Believe. We must believe (Faith) that we can do the things (Verse 18) and even greater that Jesus did and stand on the truth and authority that has been given to all believers.

C. Confess. We must Confess to God our wrongdoings so that He can actively deal with them and forgive us. Without confessing our sins to God, we allow the stronghold of our sins to act as fortresses for the demonic to reside in and control.

D. Disclose. In verse 18, we see that the sinful practices were openly disclosed. By disclosing our practices to each other and holding one another accountable, we expose the tactics that Satan uses to take strongholds over us and weakens the demonic fortresses built in our lives.

E. Eliminate/Expel. In verse 19 we see that the believers then collected their books of magic and burned them, eliminating the temptation, and thus showing the demonic their standing on and utilization of the authority of Jesus. By taking this authority to heart, They can then expel demons from their lives. We have the same opportunity.

By taking these steps 1 by 1 and applying them into your life, you begin what the Apostle Paul calls "Reasonable Destruction" of the enemies fortresses (2 Corinthians 3-5) by activating the weapons of warfare given to us by God Himself.
Storming the gates of Hell,
Death Defeated

"Fear not, I am the first and the last, and the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades." Rev 1:17-18