Do you REALLY want to be free?

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

wisslewj

Do you REALLY want to be free?

Post by wisslewj » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:01 am

Many here struggle with the Enemy. But the question is, what do you do about it? We have been told many times to use the Word and this is true. But many dont because after a bit it seems hard and pointless and they give up. Let me give you a reason to stick with it from Gods word.

To start with, if you are a christian, you are NOT a civilian, you are a SOLDIER! You are in a WAR.

Philemon 1:2
and to Apphia our sister, and to Archippus our fellow soldier, and to the church in your house:

Philippians 2:25
But I thought it necessary to send to you Epaphroditus, my brother and fellow worker and fellow soldier, who is also your messenger and minister to my need;

2 Timothy 2:3
Suffer hardship with me, as a good soldier of Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 2:4
No soldier in active service entangles himself in the affairs of everyday life, so that he may please the one who enlisted him as a soldier.

And as soldiers, we are not just to be loafing about on our bums, we have ORDERS from God. We are to be busy.

Luke 7:8
"For I also am a man placed under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to this one, 'Go!' and he goes, and to another, 'Come!' and he comes, and to my slave, 'Do this!' and he does it."

What are those orders? Well for one, they are to be IN THE BATTLE.

James 4:7
Submit therefore to God, Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

What does it look like to resist? Well, if someone was about to steal your oxygen from you, what would resisting look like? I bet it would look pretty violent in most cases! It isnt any different when satan, the master thief comes along. He is coming to steal your very life and all its blessings and most of us just sit and take it. Sure we may whine and not like it, but do we fight back? We are called to RESIST - just like you would if someone was accutely hurting you or stealing your oxygen. (Satan just usually wears us down slowly so we dont know to resist until we have no strength.)

Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Clearly resistence does not involve passively sitting back and doing nothing. It involves wrestling! Too often, as christians, we expect God to rescue us while we just do nothing. Yet, when it comes to the Enemy we are told clearly that we are to ACTIVELY resist. Are you doing this? Jesus defeated satan 2000 years ago. He did his part. We need to do ours. How do we activley wrestle then against the enemy of our souls?

Revelation 12:11
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Well, Jesus did his part by shedding his blood. Its up to us to use the word of our testimony! How?

Romans 10:9
9if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

This satement is so profound that I wish to focus on it a moment. The word "saved" is SOZO and it means salvation, healing, and deliverance. In other words, when you confess Gods Truth of who Jesus is and you enforce it upon the Enemy, you are saved, healed and delivered. The same way that you are saved is the same way that you are healed and delivered! The Truth of Jesus as savior is what saved you. The Truth of Jesus as Healer and deliverer will heal and deliver you. But you must get that Truth IN YOU and you do by meditating on it and CONFESSING it daily. It is in the act of CONFESSING the truth that you wrestle with satan! Confessing is how you resist and overcome with your testimony. The word of God is a sword and you swing it by confessing the truth. (Truth of who god is, his promises, etc.)

There are only 2 real possible choices in life - Gods truth or satans. Whos will you believe? If you want to believe Gods you must confess that Truth until it becomes part of you. It will aslo drive away satan as Jesus used it to do.

So my question to folks is this: ARE YOU PUTTING GODS WORD IN FRONT OF YOU AND CONFESSING IT DAILY? If you are not, then its no wonder the demons are attacking! Many in here are walking obedient lives and still struggling and wonder why. It is simple. The christian walk is a walk of a soldier. You are in a war. The sooner you pick up your sword and swing it, the better. Sure, deliverance ministers can come and do the swinging for you, but if you want to be used by God and stay free, it will require that satan fear you more then you him. It will require that you take an ACTIVE role in your freedom. Christ is your sword, but he expects you to swing it. If you want freedom now, get your sword out and RESIST the devil and he will flee. But know this, you will need to swing it more then once. It will need to be daily, monthly, yearly! It will need to be consistent enough that satan knows that if he does come, he will just get Gods word from a gaurded mind. When he sees that there is no breach in you, he will leave until a more opportune time, which will never come because you have hid gods word deep in you! Laziness will keep you demonized. God expects soldiers that fight for his glory.

One last metaphor: Consider old wars. The enemy would come and lay siege to the castle. Typically, they would camp outside the walls and the campaign could take years. The castle had a few choices. They could just surrender and go off into captivity. They could wait it out, but if the enemy had more provisions, as was typically the case, the castle would eventually run dry and die or give up. Or they could put up a solid defense and also mount an offense from a defended castle. they could launch catapaults and soldiers at the enemy and drive them off.

We are no different. We are the castle. The enemy is outside the walls. Are you waiting ti die or fighting back? You have the weapons. God is your arsenal. But you must take up the weapon.

God Bless all.
jeff

wisslewj

Curse of Apathy!

Post by wisslewj » Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:52 am

One more thing. This should really get your attention. Apathy to FIGHT against Gods enemies, ie Satan, brings a CURSE upon you! Look at the curse that comes upon those that fail to take up the sword and fight Gods enemies.

Jeremiah 48:9-11 (Amplified Bible)
9Give wings to Moab, for [by that means only] she will flee and get away; her cities will be desolate, without any to dwell in them.
10Cursed be he who does the work of the Lord negligently [with slackness, deceitfully]; and cursed be he who keeps back his sword from blood [in executing judgment pronounced by the Lord].11Moab has been at ease from his youth, and he has settled on his lees [like wine] and has not been drawn off from one vessel to another, neither has he gone into exile. Therefore his taste remains in him, and his scent has not changed.

Jeremiah 48:9-11 (Contemporary English Version)
9Spread salt on the ground to kill the crops. Leave its towns in ruins, with no one living there.
10I want you to kill the Moabites, and if you let them escape, I will put a curse on you."
11Moab, you are like wine left to settle undisturbed, never poured from jar to jar. And so, your nation continues to prosper and improve.

Jeremiah 48:9-11 (American Standard Version)
9 Give wings unto Moab, that she may fly and get her away: and her cities shall become a desolation, without any to dwell therein.
10 Cursed be he that doeth the work of Jehovah negligently; and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood. 11 Moab hath been at ease from his youth, and he hath settled on his lees, and hath not been emptied from vessel to vessel, neither hath he gone into captivity

Jeremiah 48:9-11 (New Living Translation)
9 Oh, that Moab had wings so she could fly away,for her towns will be left empty, with no one living in them.
10 Cursed are those who refuse to do the Lord’s work, who hold back their swords from shedding blood!11 “From his earliest history, Moab has lived in peace, never going into exile. He is like wine that has been allowed to settle. He has not been poured from flask to flask, and he is now fragrant and smooth.

This should be a real wake up call! God is saying that we are to execute judgment on gods enemies and that if we are lazy/slack/negligent, we are cursed! That means that apathy itself will bring a demon. We are called to judge angels!

1 Corinthians 6:3
Do you not know that we will judge angels?

If we are called to judge them and take up our sword and we dont - the outcome is even worse!

So come on christian soldiers!! Got doesnt want a bunch of whiners and weaklings. Look at what happened to the Isralites in the desert. Grab your sword and obey god and fight. God wants you free but you must TAKE it with force. If you are waiting on God, you may be waiting a long time. He already did his part. Speak to the mountain and command it into the sea. And as you fight, that curse of apathy will have to go along with the enemy!

God Bless
Jeff

starlio
Moderator Staff

Post by starlio » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:41 am

Preach it Brother!
Amen and Amen
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

wisslewj

Post by wisslewj » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:07 pm

Not to be redundent, but one more biblical example seems fitting:

All the promises of God are ours "technically," just like the land of Caanan was technically the Israelites. God promised them the land and he promised us health, deliverance, and salvation. But like them, we must TAKE it by casting out the giants.

Remember what happened to the Israelites that refused to fight for the promised land that God "gave" them? They died out in the wilderness! God has promised us deliverance and healing. Will we take it by force (obviously with gods help) or simply die in the wilderness?

Just like the Israelites, if you want big grapes, then you have to slay big giants. There are no conscientous objectors that have Victory here. God has promised you Victory, but its achieved as you battle in Faith.

Hbr 11:6
But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Faith is an ACTION word that requires DOING and that oing is DILIGENT. When the church gets this understood, we will really look like a NT church and the devil will flee in fear from the name of Christ!

Jeff

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:24 pm

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

This is absolutely awesome, Jeff! Thank you for posting this. It is good to see that there are others out there who love the Word of God and love posting it!

Godschild :wave:
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:12 pm

Awesome stuff Jeff, very inspiring brother! God's Word is power! :smile:
"Anyone who is in Christ is a new creation; the old is gone, the new has come!"- 2 Corinthians 5:17

turgh

Post by turgh » Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:26 pm

Yes, thanks for posting!

Chameleon

Wisdom 101

Post by Chameleon » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:17 pm

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :wave: Hi, Jeff! We just came from "wisdom 101!" What a class the Lord just gave us, through you! Amen!Hallelujah. Honestly, I am a conniseur of good Christian books,(although keeping the Holy Bible in its place and in my heart), I don't have much time to read them. I would love to read a book like this message you just wrote. Line upon line, precept upon precept. More wisdom than some receive in a lifetime. The Bible says, "with all thy getting, get thee understanding." This was easy to read, understand and full of truth. Yahweh, defintely put His stamp on it, because we are called to "freely we have received , freely give," and this is what you have done here. Godschild does a lot of this and Daughter, and,(others),, I cannot recall by name. I just want to take time out to say I love it, and, am truly taught and blessed by it. May the Lord bless you all to never want for anything, as, you have shared the heart of the Lord's teaching here, for free. You just reminded me that we are soldier's and we can not let down our guards. We must possess the land in the places where we move and we must resist the enemy, which means "actively stand against." I thank You, heavenly Father for this. What a family.
REMEMBER, Yahweh's FORGOTTEN people, the Homeless.

waytruthlife

Post by waytruthlife » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:14 pm

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
AMEN...PREACH IT
Be sober, be vigilant, because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8