Breaking away from Spiritual Family Tree

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

a_conquerer

Breaking away from Spiritual Family Tree

Post by a_conquerer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:08 am

Hey guys :wave:,

The last year and a half has seen me go through a strong deliverance, a deliverance that my soul and spirit desperately seeked and finally recieved according to His time. PRAISE GOD!! But ... i'm still suffering from one problem and i think i've worked out what it is. OK, let me rewind back a bit...

After re-dedicating my life to Christ in 2005, though i was no going to Church at my own free will, i found it hard to develop a deeper, stronger relationship with the Most High, it took me a point that i was so unstable that i was in and out of Church for another two years.

In September of 2007, I got to a point I couldn't take it anymore, and so I cried. i cried out of confusion, frustration and desperation to the Lord asking him to send me an annointed Man of God to touch and deliver me.

By divine intervention, i decided to move in with my grandma after more things in life were going wrong. Sh'es the only regular Church-goer (besides myself) and with her help, I got the deliverance i longed for. I was in that ministry for a season.

Having been there for 6 months, it got to a time i needed to hear more of the Word and so within of a month of becoming increasingly bored with that Church, I began backsliding. Due to the distance, my g'ma started visiting other ministries closer to where we live. By June, after visiting another Church (now my current Church home) and watching the amount of spiritual warfare they engaged in, i knew i'd finally found my Home. Problems strated once again.

I was in the ministry for a while, but wasn't growing like everyone else. I felt like i was taking 4 steps forward and 2 steps back. It became increasingly hard to even talk to people at the ministry; the spirit of torment was attacking my mind once again; i had never been able to, and until recently, was still unable to fast properly; i was constantly having dreams of the Church members rejecting me and to make matters worse, unlike the young adults and youth, i was finding it very hard to talk to my spiritual father and even started developing lustfull thoughts.

To cut a long story short, fast forward to February and i felt an urge to come to Ghana.... acording to my g'ma's personal pastor he said he wanted to intercede on my behalf and break some of the bondages that he didn't feel i was strong enough to do on my own... to be honest i have disagreements about that, but that's a WHOLE other topic...

During a prayer session with my g'ma (after her arrival in July), him, other family members and myself, he laid hands on me and told the person trying to keep me attached to my dad's father tree to leave me alone. After he prayed that prayer things started to change on my spiritual life. I wasn't finding it so hard to wake up and pray, i was remebering to cover myself with the blood of jesus after a warfare prayer (in the past, when i'd forgotten, the attack would coem twice as hard!)

So my question is (about time, i know! LOL):

how do i break away from this spiritual family tree once and for all?

So far i've been assigning the fire of God to burn the branch, holding onto me, into ashes... and also trying to break it with the sword of the Spirit... i dunno what else to do! I know it's a gradual process and will take some time as it's been with me since birth, but sooner i start the better.

Please :help: ...

TIA :mrgreen:

Rescuer
Moderator Staff

Re: Breaking away from Spiritual Family Tree

Post by Rescuer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:33 pm

a_conquerer wrote:Hey guys :wave:,

The last year and a half has seen me go through a strong deliverance, a deliverance that my soul and spirit desperately seeked and finally recieved according to His time. PRAISE GOD!! But ... i'm still suffering from one problem and i think i've worked out what it is. OK, let me rewind back a bit...

After re-dedicating my life to Christ in 2005, though i was no going to Church at my own free will, i found it hard to develop a deeper, stronger relationship with the Most High, it took me a point that i was so unstable that i was in and out of Church for another two years.

In September of 2007, I got to a point I couldn't take it anymore, and so I cried. i cried out of confusion, frustration and desperation to the Lord asking him to send me an annointed Man of God to touch and deliver me.

By divine intervention, i decided to move in with my grandma after more things in life were going wrong. Sh'es the only regular Church-goer (besides myself) and with her help, I got the deliverance i longed for. I was in that ministry for a season.

Having been there for 6 months, it got to a time i needed to hear more of the Word and so within of a month of becoming increasingly bored with that Church, I began backsliding. Due to the distance, my g'ma started visiting other ministries closer to where we live. By June, after visiting another Church (now my current Church home) and watching the amount of spiritual warfare they engaged in, i knew i'd finally found my Home. Problems strated once again.

I was in the ministry for a while, but wasn't growing like everyone else. I felt like i was taking 4 steps forward and 2 steps back. It became increasingly hard to even talk to people at the ministry; the spirit of torment was attacking my mind once again; i had never been able to, and until recently, was still unable to fast properly; i was constantly having dreams of the Church members rejecting me and to make matters worse, unlike the young adults and youth, i was finding it very hard to talk to my spiritual father and even started developing lustfull thoughts.

To cut a long story short, fast forward to February and i felt an urge to come to Ghana.... acording to my g'ma's personal pastor he said he wanted to intercede on my behalf and break some of the bondages that he didn't feel i was strong enough to do on my own... to be honest i have disagreements about that, but that's a WHOLE other topic...

During a prayer session with my g'ma (after her arrival in July), him, other family members and myself, he laid hands on me and told the person trying to keep me attached to my dad's father tree to leave me alone. After he prayed that prayer things started to change on my spiritual life. I wasn't finding it so hard to wake up and pray, i was remebering to cover myself with the blood of jesus after a warfare prayer (in the past, when i'd forgotten, the attack would coem twice as hard!)

So my question is (about time, i know! LOL):

how do i break away from this spiritual family tree once and for all?

So far i've been assigning the fire of God to burn the branch, holding onto me, into ashes... and also trying to break it with the sword of the Spirit... i dunno what else to do! I know it's a gradual process and will take some time as it's been with me since birth, but sooner i start the better.

Please :help: ...

TIA :mrgreen:
Hi dear friend in Jesus. We are very happy to hear of the victory you have seen in your life. God has a deep concern for YOU and is very kind. He is gracious and good. He will take care of you for sure!

However, we are concerned too. I know there is deep pain within your soul. Deeper then I think you realize. You speak of being rejected, that can caused deep wounds that need healing. Could it be that your heart has broken due to all of the rejection and cause dissociation?

Read more here: http://www.ministeringdeliverance.com/p ... php?t=1182

Let me know you think. This could be a missing piece to your complete deliverance!
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves..."

Rescuer
Moderator Staff

Post by Rescuer » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:35 pm

I'm also very concerned about many people laying hands upon you. That can be a means to spiritually transfer demons and curses to someone. Just be cautious in this as I have dealt with hundreds of people who have received demons through this manner. Has anyone prayed about this specifically over your life to determine if any demons exist there as a result of demonic transference?
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves..."

Daughter

Post by Daughter » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:19 am

Rescuer has posed a good question there......
But also.....was wondering...are you talking about "breaking soul ties?"
That is what is sounds like you are saying......
there are also articles about that on www.greatbiblestudy.com
A Daughter of the King

" .....Therefore He does much more than we could ever ask for or imagine, according to HIS POWER working in US!"
Ephesians 3:20
:)

a_conquerer

Post by a_conquerer » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:34 am

Hi guys, thank you very much for the speedy response. It's appreciated.

Resuer: I was shocked with your response when I read it yesterday, not because i didn't believe you but because you'd analysed so much from my post. I don't admit it but yes I am a deeply wounded young lady. I often try and cover it up, but when i speak about the past and my experiences it's evident that mentally i've been through a lot. I also know though that there are people with deeper wounds than mine so i try not to dwell on mine.

I read the other thread you posted and I'm still looking into that MPD/DID... I won't deny that i'm suffering from this dissociation but I will look into it and pray and know He'll show the way. At first because i'd been told by two Men of God that the Lord had delivered, i thought taht was the end of it, i didn't really know i now that to start healing the soul.

Daughter: When I was talking about Spiritual Family Trees, I was talking in regards to the spiritual background of people of African heritage. I've been told some families still have the ancient stools, carved images and wooden gods they prayed to and i know a couple of my aunts and uncles from the dad's side, and his mum, still operate in it. They haven't said anything but because of how they'd make me feel when i was younger and how their attitude has changed towards me now is different since i'm now covered by the blood.

QUESTION: Is there a spirit of nervousness?... Ok, you know what, I'm going to ask for a favour... ido you have a list of the most common types of demons that affect people and also if some of them work together.

Daughter

Post by Daughter » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:55 am

Dear One,
Rescuer was quick to ascertain your situation because you really are not alone here. There are many wounded people here who God is putting back together! :smile:
You are very welcome and understood here. There are no contests. Your pain matters to you...and your pain matters to GOD. He sees US as individuals and knows how deeply we hurt. He has a number for each hair on your head. Please do think of yourself less than you are.
Now, I am not sure about the African Trees. It does sound like there are generational issues to address, and with God's help that can be done. I am sure one of the ministers will reply here.......
Yes, I do think that nervousness can be a spirit. The spirit world seems to be fairly organized at times, and I think they do conspire together :)
However, we can certainly short-circut that :)
It seems that you are making good progress.
Hang in there !!!
A Daughter of the King

" .....Therefore He does much more than we could ever ask for or imagine, according to HIS POWER working in US!"
Ephesians 3:20
:)

a_conquerer

Post by a_conquerer » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:24 am

Daughter,

Thank you for your kind words :smile:. Yes, the Holy Spirit is doing a FANTASTIC job in me. Having gone through the fire, I believe i'm now @ the stage where He's birthing the new person in me. I see myself changing more and more and more each day, it's AMAZING... and the best thing about it is that i know it's ONLY the beginning and that's been my daily motivator.

As far as the African Family Trees go, yes there are generational issues involved which i'll be reading on www.greatstudybible.com later on today.

In answer to what Rescuer's concern about different people laying hands on me, yes I share your concern also. In my spiritual home, they allow the HS and His angels to do the work so there are no transferring of Spirits and laying on of hands... and because of that I am now learning to say no, politely, i know some people get offended.