boldness and trusting in God

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

student

boldness and trusting in God

Post by student » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:07 pm

Okay I feel led to share this with you all. I hope what I write is not against forum rules. If it is please notify me so I can apoligize.

I used to be tormented by demons every night and had horrifying dreams. I did not even use my spiritual gifts for fear that I might not be speaking in tongues for real, that it might be a demonic tongue. When God would speak to me I would second guess, not being able to tell if it really was God. I lived in fear. I went through a few deliverances but the demons always seemed to come back, even when I was not slipping into sin! I did not understand and was always scared.

The one thing I did not realize was that I was not exercising my authority in Christ! When the theif came I sheepishly told him to leave instead of speaking to the theif in the authority of Christ to leave right now in the name of Jesus!

I did not have the boldness and because of that the demons kept coming back and tormenting me because they knew I would not stop them! I am not saying this is the same for everyone. I am just sharing what happened to me.

I could have went through a million more deliverances and never have been any better until someone shared something with me that changed my whole thinking.

A man of God shared with me the story of the midwives who stood up to pharoah when he told them to kill the Hebrew boys. They could have been killed but practiced a boldness and put their faith in God!

This stuck with me. It was not just boldness I was lacking.
I lacked confidence and listened to the lies the demons told me!

If you can't tell what they sound like here are a few examples of what they said:

"You are worthless, are not going to be any better than your mother and father. You are a failure. Nothing you do will ever turn out right, even the things you do for God, you will fail in. "

"Do you really think God loves you? How can he love you, you are worthless. How can he forgive you? What you did was horrible. You are scum!"

"Your ugly. Nobody will ever really care about you. You will never marry and will always be alone"

"Why would god use you to do anything? Do you think you are even worthy?"

The list can go on but you get the point.

They want you to feel down and scared, to worry and not trust in God. When you learn to trust in God, lean on him, and have boldness in Christ, when you say go they have to leave!

There was also the mistakeness of putting all dreams as demonic. Sometimes dreams were unpleasent but they had meaning to them! Believe it or not, a few of the dreams I had were messages! Like dreams of tornadoes and running was just a reflection of my hiding and running from my problems and not facing them! Some dreams were God speaking to me through the dream, but I wrote if off as a weird dream or something else. Yes I did have demonic dreams, but also I did not pay attention to what some of the dreams meant.

When I stopped being scared, spoke in tongues, prayed, spoke with authority, the attacks stopped! I still sometimes get tempted and get bad thoughts about myself, but I also learned to keep every thought captive and know what is my flesh and what is demonic. I grew spiritually and eventually the wolves went looking for other prey that were smaller or wounded to go after. I do not say this in pride either. It is just I am right next to the shephard and that does not make me as easy a prey.

Anyways I hope in what I wrote I did not offend anybody, that was not my intent. I just wished to let people know how I am doing and what is going on with me and if anything encourage others.

"
John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

AriBunny

Post by AriBunny » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:15 pm

When I stopped being scared, spoke in tongues, prayed, spoke with authority, the attacks stopped! I still sometimes get tempted and get bad thoughts about myself, but I also learned to keep every thought captive and know what is my flesh and what is demonic.

AWESOME AWESOME TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

Yes speaking that Word over ourselves and knowing who we are in Christ (is here on the forum, run a search if you need) is all it takes to be an overcomer.... cos revelations says "they overcame by the blood of the Lamb and the WORD of their testimony"!!!!

Thank you Jesus!!
w00t.

Godschild

Re: boldness and trusting in God

Post by Godschild » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:42 am

student wrote:Okay I feel led to share this with you all. I just wished to let people know how I am doing and what is going on with me and if anything encourage others.

Student: :wave:

You have come a long, long way. I am very proud of you!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

In His Love,
Godschild :mrgreen:
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

journeygirl

Post by journeygirl » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:31 pm

I was very blessed in hearing your testimony about your life. I am new here but I am beginning to feel at home because where I live and in the church I attend no one talks about these things.

journeygirl