Mental Illness or Demon Possession

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Crusader

Mental Illness or Demon Possession

Post by Crusader » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:04 am

I'm writing on behalf of my daughter who is 22 years old. She has spent the last 3 years out of high school traveling to Australia (Townsville) YWAM, Colorado YWAM base as a student, and most recently Harpenden England YWAM base as a leader. She has been serving the Lord most of her life and God has been the entire focus of her life, and she would go wherever He would have her go. Four months ago we got a call from England and one of the leaders said that she was very fearful, very confused, thought she was going to die, felt alot of condemnation and was hearing voices seeing spiders and other things. She was hospitalized in England and she was treated for a mental illness. A week later her mother flew to England to bring her home. A week later we got her home from England before they went on their Africa outreach, and have been in nightmare ever since. Our pastor and others in the deliverance ministry have prayed for her for months and we have seen evidence of some deliverance. Her personality is still out 180 degrees. She treats us (her parents) like we are the enemy. She wants nothing to do with the Word of God, does not want prayer, does not want to go to church, she doesn't want to hear Christian music, and all this was a passion in her life before. She has never shared with us what has happened. She doesn't want to shower, or take care of herself, she doesn't want to drive her car, and she has isolated herself from her friends, who she loved to spend time with, and tried to encourage them to serve God. She is seeing a mental health counselor (Christian). We are at our wits end on how to continue to deal with what has happened. It is tearing our family apart, it is testing our faith, and we don't know what to believe about what has happened. We know very little because she does not communicate with us. But so much has happened, too much to write about. Whatever this is, it is not going away, and we need help and would like to hear from anyone who has experienced anything like what we are going through. We are located in Washington State.

student

Post by student » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:25 am

You should pm one of the moderators.
John 15:5 "I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

Daughter

Post by Daughter » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:31 am

HMMmmmm........

Welcome to our board here, Crusader.......
This is a very unique spot on the web.
I have not been throught the EXACT situation you have..........but I will say that many here have experienced the things that your daughter has.
We very much believe what you are saying!

I trust that you will all find hope, healing, and help here on our board.

It is good you are working with deliverance ministers. We do have referals on this site to people that are in the local areas. You may want to fill that out and see........
I believe you can get to it from the www.GreatBibleStudy.com site, our sister site.
Also..........is there anyway you can get your daughter here to the forum and at least read some of what is posted?

I know this is difficult for you all.
We will lift you up in prayer.
But do remember, that what Satan plans for evil, God can and does use for His glory in the end! So please hang on! Please!

Many hugs to you, mom and dad ((((hugs)))).
A Daughter of the King

" .....Therefore He does much more than we could ever ask for or imagine, according to HIS POWER working in US!"
Ephesians 3:20
:)

Rescuer
Moderator Staff

Re: Mental Illness or Demon Possession

Post by Rescuer » Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:34 pm

Crusader wrote:I'm writing on behalf of my daughter who is 22 years old. She has spent the last 3 years out of high school traveling to Australia (Townsville) YWAM, Colorado YWAM base as a student, and most recently Harpenden England YWAM base as a leader. She has been serving the Lord most of her life and God has been the entire focus of her life, and she would go wherever He would have her go. Four months ago we got a call from England and one of the leaders said that she was very fearful, very confused, thought she was going to die, felt alot of condemnation and was hearing voices seeing spiders and other things. She was hospitalized in England and she was treated for a mental illness. A week later her mother flew to England to bring her home. A week later we got her home from England before they went on their Africa outreach, and have been in nightmare ever since. Our pastor and others in the deliverance ministry have prayed for her for months and we have seen evidence of some deliverance. Her personality is still out 180 degrees. She treats us (her parents) like we are the enemy. She wants nothing to do with the Word of God, does not want prayer, does not want to go to church, she doesn't want to hear Christian music, and all this was a passion in her life before. She has never shared with us what has happened. She doesn't want to shower, or take care of herself, she doesn't want to drive her car, and she has isolated herself from her friends, who she loved to spend time with, and tried to encourage them to serve God. She is seeing a mental health counselor (Christian). We are at our wits end on how to continue to deal with what has happened. It is tearing our family apart, it is testing our faith, and we don't know what to believe about what has happened. We know very little because she does not communicate with us. But so much has happened, too much to write about. Whatever this is, it is not going away, and we need help and would like to hear from anyone who has experienced anything like what we are going through. We are located in Washington State.
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you're here. It appears your precious daughter is suffering from demonic affliction, externally & internally. I'd be interested to know what the voices are specifically telling her and if she is conversing with them? Furthermore, she might be suffering from dissociation which might have demonic elements.

This is a key question: is she open to receiving ministry???

Please know we care for hurting families and souls here and will intervene.

Your the spiritual head in the family and you are in a unique position to restrain the enemy from your daughter in Jesus holy name & I would encourage you to continue to do so...
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves..."

rosie

Post by rosie » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:33 pm

hi, crusader. you need to get your daughter to see someone, someone that does deliverance ministry. im a part of someone that has got lots of demons and she goes like how your daughter is. sometimes she wont talk, wont eat, wont go out and hates the bible and anyone or anything to do with it. at the moment she is not well. she is mentally ill, but also has demons to. she truelly believes there is a gropu of people who are trying to kill her, but theres not. she thinks that people are poisoning her, so she wont eat certain stuff and she thinks a person is going to push her under a bus.
you see, i think your daughter may be experiencing the same thing. i would try get help for her if you can. where abouts do you live? i know a really good minister and friend that helps us alot.

DoorTwelve
Moderator Staff

Post by DoorTwelve » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:54 pm

I think some of us including, Jay and the others have covered some really fine points about getting help,and about the situation you face Crusader having said this there are some things the devil does to cause you confusion and he will continue to do these things
as he sees fit and as you allow. First,your daughter is probably suffering from demonic oppression and while many ministers know how to do some forms of deliverance it is certainly not the always the same,just like a fresh New York Pizza is different from a frozen pizza, some ministers do not minister to DID and this is the specific question Jay had asked you, this a key area that we cover while other deliverance ministers may not! If disassociation is involved you aren't going to heal it by chit chatting with a counselor who wants to prescribe medications and recommend more of the same, this will only be healed by God hence the healing has reached an possible impasse. Secondly, her sufferring while certainly major is not unique nor is it something God cannot heal in fact with proper ministry this could be done in hours and while this is not always the case because some trauma is very deep seated in her case this is probably not so because it seems you explained she was once doing very well and then all the sudden manifestations began to come recently which seemed to lead to an area of some breaking point in her life currently. Once this is dealt with she should return to some sense of normalcy!
Third,never say the words "what you are willing to believe" in reference to the demonic in your daughter's life and I will tell you why the situation is not complicated by what the devil does so much from here on out, but rather more complicated by what you do in response to him. You see the Devil would have you believe that your life is turned upside down and twisted when in fact I have seen God heal things like this in an afternoon so all is not lost and if you keep everything in perspective and in the area of black and white the devil will not confuse you! You pick your reality unless you give the Devil his space and then he picks your reality for you!
Am I right? It is only when you throw up your arms and retreat that the Devil increases his attack. If she needs deliverance by an experienced minister get it,it's that simple, but to say she has had deliverance well all deliverance is not the same and I will tell you that you need someone who has worked with those who are in her shoes and had success. Ministers who minister to disassociative disorder
or multiple personality disorder and who are experienced in locating strongholds and areas of trauma are probably going to be needed,along with constant prayer. A minister who allows God to be the center of his life asking God to bring wisdom and discernment and move through him,God is going to use him in setting her free. It has been in very few cases that I have just thrown my hands up and said you know what I am stumped, God has almost always brought the breakthrough! It has happened before on occassion, but usuallyif that is the case there is a driving reason an underlying current or issue that we discover later. In fact another minister reviews these cases and I don't see this in her situation as being a critical point!
In her case I also don't see her being so completely over the top that she is without help in fact I feel as if God will heal her as soon as the issue is addressed, and I feel this in my heart! I would however need to pray to God to be sure in every individual matter!

Doortwelve :wave:
In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."(Isaiah 25:6-9)

Prinz1981

Post by Prinz1981 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:14 pm

Hello Crusader
I can make only some addictions.

I was depressed for years and the Lord is on the way setting me free.

A long time I believed, mentall ilness is only a a brain problem...but I experienced that it is more than that. If we give the enemy room, he can oppress a christian. In my case, I didnt fogive people by heart, so bitterness, hate, anger and depression came in. There were also other things like enormous rejection from other, mental and physical abuse from my father and other things. Only to give you an exampel. I delivered a lot of delivrance from bitterness, anger, hate, but first I had to forgive and bless my enemies, and the Lord came with his love inmy wounds.

I believe there is healing and deliverance for your daugther! A very strong weapon is fasten and prayer, also fasten with only one meal a day works! Some demons only leave with by fasten and prayer. Seek the Lord Jesus Christ with all of your heart, your spirit, your power, he will answer your prayer - I know what I say. He will lead you to a deliverance minister. A mistake I made was: I trusted in people, I thought, this person can help me, he has the anointing. Trust on Jesus Christ, he sees, what is going on in the spirit realm! An then he can uses people to help your daughter.

Andreas

demoncasterouter
Moderator Staff

Post by demoncasterouter » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:10 pm

"If disassociation is involved you aren't going to heal it by chit chatting with a counselor who wants to prescribe medications and recommend more of the same, this will only be healed by God..."

I think I'm just gonna take that right there, make a bumper sticker out of it, and put it in the back window of my explorer for all to read. 8)
"And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give." THIS is what I was born to do.

searching

All the symptoms your daughter has I have

Post by searching » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:50 am

over two years ago my dad died and on that very day I was overcome by extreme terror that I was dying and going to hell for living backslid and lukewarm.I always loved Jesus though and brought my children up to believe in Him.I really loved worshipping Jesus with all my heart and would feel the presense of the Holy Spirit when I worshipped.The bible would give me comfort when I read it and I helped in the worship services.The day my dad died I thought Jesus was furious wife me for all my backsliding and living lukewarm ,I have felt rejected by God ever since,I have thoughts hebrews ch 4 verse 4-6 and ch 10 verse 26 applied to me.I have been filled with self condemnation ,terror and unbearable anguish.The bible terrorized me,for a long time I forced myself to go to church but felt I had no right to worship,no right to pray,I wept all through the services feeling cast out.Worship music caused deep pain as I felt I could not join in because I was reprobate.Some pators rejected me or refused to help ,some gave me a little counsel and short prayer but refused any further help except to allow me to go up in the prayer line.For many months I decided to pray despite my horrible fear I prayed and prayed asking for forgiveness,healing restoration,pleading the blood over my mind conscience heart soul ,I prayed for deliverance ,revelation of Jesus mercy and love.shortly after this started I heard a voice say if I renounced Jesus the feelings would go away,I refused and started screaming no in my spirit.Another time I think I heard from Jesus,I heard the words behold I make all things new,yet the feelings of terror were so powerful ,I still could not get free.This has all ruined my life,I go to church once in awhile ,but seldom leave my house, it takes all my strength to even shower when I do.I am broken .I remain always open eager for prayer.I think some people standing with me in prayer ,in faith and compassion might help me get free,but most for some reason will not pray for more than a few minutes and would rather talk.I believe in prayer over talk.I want free , I want to be healthy and have the joy of the Lord again .I want to serve Jesus with all my heart.My mind has been very confused and almost shut down with all the torment and it feels like my faith has been ripped from me.I so badly want to be healed ,Jesus can heal me of it all,I know he can.Yet I have almost given up and many times wish I was never born.I just want all the pain to go and to serve Jesus and be an example that I should be to all my family.Maybe your daughter has become terrified that she is cast out from Jesus for some reason,I know that can certainly destroy a mind and life.Maybe she needs deep prayer and fasting on her behalf.Hopefully she is open tp prayer I know I sure am if just some one was willing to ptray for me and with me to get through this.I have even rebuked evil spirits and told them to go and tried breaking curses.But maybe my faith was too weak in the shape I am in.If your daughter refuses prayer maybe she has too much fear.Yet you can still pray for her.I hope she gets better.What I have been going through has just about destroyed me and been hard on my family.I really hope it has not affected their faith.I long to be free and to worship Jesus again .Jesus Bless You
Linda

Jewels

Post by Jewels » Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:50 pm

Im not a delivrence minster. Im very liminted in any practical way i can really help.
But i wanted to share this.
Ur daughter ha d been out of the country. Im not sure but this might be a key.I would see if u can pray , maybe in her more ratinal moments ask her where shes been., and anything odd that might have happened right down to any people she may have met. I say this because i think it might matter. Being in another country taking oneself out of their ' sphere' into new areas where other demons that u , or i or even she may not have to deal with when one is in their own back yard...... could have disturbed her spirtual equleribiam. Im not sure how or why. This is somthing to think about and pray over. It could be she may have not been strong enough to deal with the new and different things one would encounter when in another nation and something jumped on her.
I can feel the difference sometimes when i go to another town in my area.Im not saying she may not have spit off becaus ei dont know. But im thinking that her travels could have been the culprit. I woull even be cautios when going to England.,... If one goes as a christian... i would say go as a toursit,,, or be sure they are called of the Lord and are ready... because its tough enough t to be a christian in one sown backyard .
It also seems shes in a depression. Please talk to real deliverence minister about this and also see if she would at least in t he short run alow someone from her church to anoint her with oil and pray.
Be patient .. to an d love her through it. I went through a trauma as a little girl where i heard inner voices telling me i was in danger of commiting the unpardenable sin and that the only way i could l save myself was by backsliding. I then did not want anything t o do with God on the surface. Deep inside i was crying for him..
Also.. if u can talk with anyone who may have been with her on her travels who may know where shes been and what could have happened may help..

jackson

Post by jackson » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:26 am

What demoncasterouter said - but, in addition, the statement is also applicable if demonic oppression, and not dissociation, is the problem. Counselors won't cut it, unless they know deliverance.

I am wondering what kind of deliverance was attempted on your daughter, because a skilled deliverance minister should have been able to uncover the problem, and then deal with it.

We know that demonic issues result from sin (or perhaps a curse), the victim's or someone in their family line. Has one of her ancestors fallen into sin (parents or grandparents)? If not then the sin is probably hers. If she will sit for deliverance then it is a matter of having the right deliverance minister treat her and leading her to eliminate the right of the demon to afflict her, and then expelling it. Blessings,

Links to other sites is against forum rules - link removed starlio

Rescuer
Moderator Staff

Post by Rescuer » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:58 am

:clapping: Please pray for this dear family as they will be making arragements to visit me in Dallas in a few weeks. God will deliver their precious daughter and heal her!
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves..."

strongman81

Post by strongman81 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:37 am

Hey Crusader, where in Washington state do you live? I live in Vancouver, Washington and I usually travel around the northwest to speak at churches. I also have family that live in Seattle and I usually go and visit. If you want, maybe I can stop by and we can do some prayer. PM me and let me know what you would like to do.