The Danger of Laying on of Hands

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Elijah2

Post by Elijah2 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:28 am

Hi Seeker,

Actually, I wasn't referring to Deliverance. I was basically referring to when you are in a congregation, and they pastor asks those who need healing to stand up and prayer would given for healing. Then next minute you have all asunder around clamering to lay hands on you, or when you go forward for prayer.

I don't go forward too often now, and only allow those who I discern are clean and pure to lay hands on me.

As far as I am concerned and what I've seen around the traps of most churches, there are many Christians who have holes in their defences, are always susceptible to have a demon transferred onto them.

I've experienced those that have been clinging to me leave very quickly when prayed for by the right person.

You show me a perfect Christian who hasn't any holes in their defences, then I would say they are what our Lord Jesus Christ referred to as the 100-fold. I believe I might be listed in the 60-fold honour list.

Love in Christ

seekyefirst

Post by seekyefirst » Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:48 pm

I see what you are saying. The topic was about Derek Price and laying on of hands and Derek is a deliverance pro. But I agree that laying the hands on people continually in congregations is not necesarrily an intelligent idea. You dont know who they are or where they have been.

Satan sends witches into churches all the time and you dont know who is who without discernment.

However, if a person is a new Chrsitian and possibly with a demon or some around them, it cannot transfer to you jsut because they touched you by the laying on of hands. Demons wont leave the protective assurance of their host without making sure they can get back.

If a demon leaves their host they will most likely go back to it unless the person they left to has a good handle of sin of which they can hold onto.
"Am I boring you?" - Dr Gene Scott

CeCe

He's Right!

Post by CeCe » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:18 pm

I went through deliverance for 1.5 years. God told me personally not to lay hands on anyone.

They were coming out through mouth and from my chest and back. But I saw spiritually how they transfer through laying on of hands. Wherever they are in the person's body, they will travel to your hands.

If your deliverance has not manifested, DO NOT LAY HANDS ON ANYONE. Even your dog, or cat, or mouse. Seriously, they want a living host. One that has a heartbeat, blood.

Make sure you know who is laying hands on you. If your not sure, pray to God that there shield of Jesus' blood covering and penetrating when you go for deliverance.

It's terrible to be on the freedom, and people in ministry that aren't clean, lay hands on you and transfer spirits.

uncertain

Post by uncertain » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:15 am

Am I allowed to shake hands with others?

People seem to want to shake my hand in greeting as standard practice / courtesy.

I told one person about what I recently read on demons. Can't remember their reply but it was like they didn't care (or believe?) about demons.
✝

CeCe

Post by CeCe » Sun May 08, 2011 2:59 am

uncertain wrote:Am I allowed to shake hands with others?

People seem to want to shake my hand in greeting as standard practice / courtesy.

I told one person about what I recently read on demons. Can't remember their reply but it was like they didn't care (or believe?) about demons.
I personally didn't shake hands with anyone. Because in my dreams, I saw how they would try to come through my hands so I didn't want to put that on anyone. My sins, what I did, that was on me and an innocent person should be effected. I just made up an excuse when in church, like, "I'm not a touchy person." I'd rather them had thought I'm a clean freak than transfer anything to them.

Yeah, I went through a lot of that. Most people that don't care, probably have them. We are blessed of God because God has given us a revelation that others don't have by his spirit. The Holy Spirit told me not to worry about people like that because some things can only be revealed by the spirit of God.

stillGods

Post by stillGods » Mon May 09, 2011 8:31 am

I would need a Biblical basis to believe demons can be passed to another person by shaking their hand/

If you are walking in holiness before the Lord with a submitted life to Him you could shake hands with someone who had many demons and the demons wouldnt be able to transfer to you at all.

In fact a person with demons may not be able to physically shake the hand of a person who God can work through.

Being cautious in laying on of hands is good (in terms of having people praying for you and laying hands on you in that situation). I believe in only letting people who I respect in their walk with God lay hands on me when praying because I've seen how they live and I respect God's work in their lives and I know they will respect His leading in how they pray for me. It is my understanding that those verse speak more of commissioning someone into leadership in a church that just general praying for another person but I may be wrong about that.. but if so of course it is wise advice to be cautious in commissioning someone into that role.

A demon will go wherever there is a sin stronghold in another's life because that is the reason they can be there no other reason.

CeCe

Post by CeCe » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:04 am

stillGods wrote:I would need a Biblical basis to believe demons can be passed to another person by shaking their hand/

If you are walking in holiness before the Lord with a submitted life to Him you could shake hands with someone who had many demons and the demons wouldnt be able to transfer to you at all.

In fact a person with demons may not be able to physically shake the hand of a person who God can work through.

Being cautious in laying on of hands is good (in terms of having people praying for you and laying hands on you in that situation). I believe in only letting people who I respect in their walk with God lay hands on me when praying because I've seen how they live and I respect God's work in their lives and I know they will respect His leading in how they pray for me. It is my understanding that those verse speak more of commissioning someone into leadership in a church that just general praying for another person but I may be wrong about that.. but if so of course it is wise advice to be cautious in commissioning someone into that role.

A demon will go wherever there is a sin stronghold in another's life because that is the reason they can be there no other reason.
I'm not stating I have a biblical basis for that. I'm saying that personally, I didn't want anyone to be effected by what I go through personally. The same way I've seen demons react in dreams, is how they usually try to do in real life, so just to be on the safe side personally, I didn't like to shake hands.

I see it like this: I could shake hands with someone and a. nothing happens or b. a spirit tries to transfer. I would rather have risked offending someone for that 1 minute and they forget than, transferring anything to them. I'm looking at long term and hey, of course I could be wrong but I just didn't want anyone to go through what I went through spiritually with the whole deliverance process.

irishstout1

laying of hands

Post by irishstout1 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:34 am

is there a danger of saying there is a danger of laying on of hands, will it keep people from doing so when they should?----- dont the enemy need legal right, they are very legalistic , yes they dont want to leave and hard to get to sometimes , but they cannot enter without the legal right---- i just saw on tv preachers laying on of hands all the time and just saw Richard Roberts ,oral Roberts son teach a huge crowd how to lay on of hands to heal with no hesitation to tell teach them about laying on of hands ---- so isnt a danger to teach not to lay on of hands---- Jesus did , well you say he is Jesus , well he taught his disciples to . please correct me if i need corrected .

irishstout1

cont. laying on of hands

Post by irishstout1 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:29 pm

i agree with the word first and foremost and with freedom4all comments

irishstout1

laying on of hands

Post by irishstout1 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:07 am

i know what my original comment was is it dangerous to say it is dangerous, and i believe it can be , so there must be a way for both parties, what do you do?

jtkenya

Post by jtkenya » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:28 pm

Good topic actually been thinking about this lately. First off laying on of hands is very Biblical both in praying for another to setting one apart for ministry. So is touching another in a greeting--in fact there is a verse that talks about greeting eachother with a holy kiss which I would picture more as what the Hispanic culture does. As I personaly see it we are not to be hasty in laying hands on anyone in haste without first seeking God espeicaly if it is for being set aside for ministry. First the person may not be ready for such a responsiblity as preparing themselves to go out yet they think they are and rush right out untrained and untaught. David for example was anointed King but he didn't go out and take over the throne he in a sense was mature in that and was able to handle such a word. I have seen many have hands laid upon them for a spot in ministry or even ordained then before you know it they are up and out of the ministry thinking they can run their own just because they were prayed over and anointed yet not trained.

then there is that not laying hands on anyone to quickly for prayer. Some maynot be ready to receive their deliverance or healing or perhaps the minister isn't quite ready themselves. to lay hands upon someone for deliverane and is unsaved is dangerouse for them. I am sure if some of us look back over our own deliverance we will see how deliverance was done in stages. Personaly the delierance I received this year if I had received it a few years ago I probally wouldn't have been able to keep it.
If my pastor laid hands on me two years ago what I faced this year I probally would be a mess today and perhaps worse off. Much prayer and fasting had to be done by the two of us.

Also for the one ministering they need to be sure they are covored and right before God. Sometimes fasting maybe needed. However there are also times when I will feel a nudge from God to pray for someone in my daily life and sometimes someone will ask me to pray for them. In times like this before even getting to pray for them I will covor the both of us in the blood of Jesus and then pray for the need of healing that they asked for or whatever I feel led to pray. Often both the other person and myself will feel a change after the prayer--a good change that is and will even receive my own breakthrough just by praying for them.

For the most part I don't let anyone lay hands on me unless its someone from the church that I know and ocassionaly if someone else does pray for me taht I don't know who they are I will see if I feel peace about it. I will then ask God after the prayer and on my own that if anything ungodly tried to get through to me that He would block it from doing any harm. I will also cancle any ungodly asighnment that may have been against me in Jesus name. I will also plea the Blood of Jesus upon myself as the other person prays. A few months back I went to my brother's church where the speaker called me up. I didn't really feel to much peace about the guy and when I got up there I found that he couldn't touch me like he did with the other people. He did for a second then pulled back then tried again and pulled back. I later found out from the others in the church that what I was feeling was right.

As for handshaking I personaly believe that if you are covored by the Blood of Jesus then we shouldn't be to worried about it though still be careful. A handshake or even a hug could bring someone their own delivernce even if a prayer wasn't said. I have experienced that myself where I would go into a church heavy and when it came time to greet eachother a simple hug took away the heavyness and brought healing. Then there are those few who have also experienced freedom from me hugging or even touching them.

Of course I have also experienced the otherside when I needed that human touch and went to one but instead pushed off as if they were afraid I would pass something onto them as if I had some deadly dieses taht couldn't be cured yet they greeted everyone else with a hug. Believe me I left hurting, fought rejection, suicidal thoughts and so much more because of that one incident. It is by the embraces of those at church that I have learned acceptance, love and so much more.

As for praying for other people pastor is always telling us to be prayed up, covor ourselves in the Blood of Jesus and make sure we are right before God especialy since we are a deliverance ministry.

careful yes but gotta make sure we don't get paranoid. Getting paranoid could easily open a door.

irishstout1

laying on of hands

Post by irishstout1 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:14 pm

Would you ,should you test the spirits or just apply the blood of Jesus? iam trying to learn , because i have seen this actually happen from laying on of hands and the transfer there of , this had slipped my mind as i wrote first post. Lord i thank you for giving us wisdom from the Holy Spirit and each other and i pray you would give any furthur wisdom in this area if need be in Jesus Name, Amen.

jtkenya

Post by jtkenya » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:34 am

Yes test the spirit as well many come disguised especialy into churches saying they are saved but end up being something else thats one reason that I dont let just anyone lay hands on me nor like it when you have a group of people who all insist on touching you during prayer. Not only that but it is very distracting. Spirits can be transfered especialy if the one ministering is not prepared or right. I have had ministers tell me to wait for prayer as they themselves were not prepared to lead me in deliverence which I now understand. I will say that I am blessed to be in a church that does not let the entire church touch you during ministry and normaly only the minister doing the touching though there are times when a couple of others may help.

jtkenya

Post by jtkenya » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:17 am

Tried to add this to previous post but doing it on cell phone is not easy. We should not only test the spirits but also what comes at us while we are not around others such as dreams visions voices and so forth including the spirit behind gifts that we get that we think are of GOD. The enemy will try to copy all that GOD does. Over years I accepted to much believing it to be GOD including gifts that I had yet they were not. I was deceived simply by not testing the spirit behind it. The BIBLE does teach to test all spirits. We need to also be watchful about gifts that people may operate in church especialy prophetic words given. I am not saying that GOD does not speak that way because he still does but there are those few who do and its not from GOD. When a word is spoken wither its from a pastor or someone in the church giving it to the body I will ask GOD to show me if its him or not.The BIBLE says we will know them by their fruit. If anything I said is not right please let me know.

LUCIANA

Post by LUCIANA » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:13 am

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: PRAISE THE LORD OUR GOD, blessings and peace from heaven to all .I listen and read from Derek Prince sermons and books daily, for some years It has been my bread and I have grown in the KNowledge of 'THE WORD OF GOD' also I have been in a group that meets once a month and there the elders pray for healing, they are truly servants of ''GOD'' and have been in ministry for over 60 years, one of them was my mentor for a while until she retired ,she lives quite far, but it was this 'GODLY' woman that encouraged me to pray,and I did, one evening as I was praying for a christain lady suffering from depression, as I covered her with the PRECIOUS BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST '' she fell on the floor and started to make strange noises from her mouth and I SPOKE IN TONGUES it was incredible,THE HOLY SPIRIT took over, I could see the demons leaving from her mouth by the horrible noise she was making ,that evening she was free, but I believe that the experience scared her and she never came back to the meetings.What I want to say is that I didn't do anything just prayed in FAITH ,and believed, as I had been deliverad myself and knew about the deliverance ministry. Later my husband confessed that he had committed adultery ,and I lost the anointing and I have not laid hand on anyone since, I have been learning and searching the truth about our families past, and trusting in ''THE LORD'' to keep me of sound mind,heal my brokeness , and 'THE LORD '' has shown me all that I wanted to know, it is a miracle that I am saved, there has been nothing but evil in my life even before I was born ,unwanted ,my husband made me believe that he loved me and 7 months into our marriage broke his vows ...I am telling all this because since it has been hard for me and I have given an open door for the demons to come back, I felt that I couldn't share my private feelings or talk about the adultery to others, when I did I was told to forgive him and go on as if nothing had happend, I found this very hurtful, as he had abused me emotionally ,and even physycally, dominated me and manipulated my life until I found ''FREEDOM IN THE LORD JESUS CHRIST'', he also let his mother verbally abuse me all the time we were married and his family ...I forgave him over and over , in the past I was at the point of leaving him 3 times and he convince me to stay... Anyway since Easter I knew that I needed deliverance I felt angry, was abusive towards him, and started to curse, I was praying and asking ''THE LORD '' to forgive me, crying all the time, but I knew that I had to have this demon cast out, at the may monthly meeting I humbled myself and asked a godly woman whose husband has left with five children and gone with another woman over five years ago, to pray for me, she has been in the same situation and we had spoken before, as she started to pray I fell and the demons started to manifest, one was the same one ''screaming '',this is the third time that comes out ,each time screaming , yes it is embarassing ,and one member of the group said to me ''I don't like when you scream like that , and I saw his face twitching, I guess he is the new home..So yes we have to be careful on who we ask to pray for us, and ask ''THE LORD'' for a discerning spirit ,to show us who should we ask to pray for us, not everybody is understanding of our problems ,health issues, emotional issues, feelings, I PRAISE THE LORD ,that has provided help, last year my help came from this ministry ,again a demon manifested , at that time I tought I was free well it was not the case but under the anointing of ''THE GODLY MAN '' from this ministry I was freed again. I have this feeling even when I was young when people shake my hand or touch me that I see the evil in them, I used to tell my mum but she would just dismiss it ,my father would insult me and say that I was evil, the same with my husband ,it got to the point when I was having doubts ,but since I was born again I know that my feelings were true, from THE HOLY SPIRIT, we have to listen and ask ''THE LORD '' for a discerning spirit to guide us to godly believers for prayer and the laying of hands. THE LORD BE GRACIOUS TO YOU ALL FAMILY IN ''CHRIST JESUS'' AND GIVE YOU PEACE, FREEDOM FROM ALL DARKNESS AND EVIL, IN '''CHRIST''' THE LORD OF LORDS AND NAME ABOVE ALL NAMES. ALLELUHJA L.