What does it feel like?

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Baby_Christian

What does it feel like?

Post by Baby_Christian » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:55 am

What does it actually feel like when you have had an evil spirit cast out?

And do they always come back, or are they gone for good once you cast them out?

The reason I'm asking is because I've had severe depression my whole life. I woke up one day a few weeks ago and was crying as soon as I woke up, I was so depressed.

I yelled "Depression! Get out of me in the name of Jesus Christ! He is my Lord and Savior!" Wow! Immedietely, if felt like a very heavy blanket had been lifted off of me, and I was not depressed anymore!!!

But a week and a half later, it came back, very bad. It reminded me of the bible verse that talks about when a demon leaves it's "home" and the house is swept clean, etc. So he goes out and gets 7 more demons, stronger than him, and goes back.

Robert L

Re: What does it feel like?

Post by Robert L » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:36 pm

Hello there!

Welcome to the forum! These are some great questions, let me answer them. If you want to learn a lot about this type of ministry, please feel free to visit GreatBibleStudy.com - it's loaded with teachings on deliverance and spiritual warfare!
Baby_Christian wrote:What does it actually feel like when you have had an evil spirit cast out?
It depends on the demon and the bondage I suppose. Sometimes you'll just feel pressure mount up in your chest, and then it just disappears. Other times, it may scream on it's way out. Sometimes your body takes off shaking as they manifest, and then you feel a calmness overtake you after it leaves. It really depends on a variety of factors!

I have been through multiple deliverances, and never once was it even the least bit scary. The only thing that scared me a little was "what on earth am I supposed to expect??" but the real-life experience of having them cast out was not scary at all! I would do it again in a heartbeat if I had to!
Baby_Christian wrote:And do they always come back, or are they gone for good once you cast them out?
This is a great question. Our goal is always to cast them out and never have them come back, but once in a while, they may return for one reason or another. There are a few very common reasons why demons return, and they include (but not limited to)...

- Unbroken legal grounds. If you drive out a demon, but fail to throw away occult books, rings, break curses, etc., then they are liable to return because they have a 'right' to be there. Breaking up legal grounds is a very important part of the deliverance process to help ensure that the person receives deliverance which lasts.

- Strongholds that weren't torn down. If you continue to live out in your mind some old strongholds which demons were holding onto, then you could invite them back into your life. For example, a stronghold might be where you see yourself as a dirty rotten sinner, even though Jesus washed you clean with His blood... what you think about yourself, in such a case, is just not true. In such a case, if a spirit of guilt was one of your demons that has been giving you a hard time all along, it could try to use your old thinking patterns of guilt and shame to make a re-entry.

- The door is re-opened to the demon(s). If you battled with spirits of fear, and then go out after your deliverance and watch a terribly scary movie, you can re-open the door for that demon(s) to return. Living out a Godly life is always an important key to maintaining your freedom.

- Demons often work together. If a person has a spirit of depression, there may be also a spirit of hopelessness, or fear of death, or something else that is closely related. A person with a spirit of lust may also have a sexual perversion spirit as well. Somebody with "anger" might have "rage" and even "murder" in some cases. If you cast out some of the demons, but not all... the ones left may work to cause you to re-open the door to the spirits which were cast out. A spirit of fear, for example, will work on you to get you to fall back into fear, which could re-open you to a spirit of worry. One helpful thing is to bind the demon to all of it's kind and cast them all out at once. There's also what we call gatekeepers, which are basically demons which work to re-open the door to the other demons. If you cast out all but the gatekeeper, you're liable to have them return.
Baby_Christian wrote:The reason I'm asking is because I've had severe depression my whole life. I woke up one day a few weeks ago and was crying as soon as I woke up, I was so depressed.
After one of my deliverances (I've been through more than one, each addressing certain areas of my life), I woke up the next morning feeling a mind SO clear I could not believe what I felt... I get not get over how wonderful it felt! I don't believe it had to do with depression, but I could see somebody experiencing the same thing when it comes to depression.
Baby_Christian wrote:I yelled "Depression! Get out of me in the name of Jesus Christ! He is my Lord and Savior!" Wow! Immedietely, if felt like a very heavy blanket had been lifted off of me, and I was not depressed anymore!!!
That is GLORIOUS!!!!! Praise GOD!!! Yes, depression is quite often demonic.
Baby_Christian wrote:But a week and a half later, it came back, very bad. It reminded me of the bible verse that talks about when a demon leaves it's "home" and the house is swept clean, etc. So he goes out and gets 7 more demons, stronger than him, and goes back.
Did you go after the demon(s) again? Sometimes they try to tempt you with a few feelings, just to see if you will let them back in. You need to confront them again and let them know who's boss! Sometimes they just need a little persistence.

If you continue to have a problem with this, I would look into the breaking up of legal grounds and the tearing down of strongholds. Was your parents also in bondage to depression? If so, then there might be some generational stuff to be broken and cast out. If you've had it your whole life, then it's likely something that was handed down to you, or perhaps a curse spoke over you by your parents (likely unknowingly). If a mother, who has spiritual authority over her baby, says, "I wish you weren't born!" even before the baby can understand what is being said... those words can open up that baby to spirits of rejection for example. The Bible tells us that our words carry the power of life and death, so we always need to be careful never to speak word curses over our children. Saying things such as, "Your never going to make it in life!" is a horrible thing to do to a child. Such things need to be broken in Jesus' name. You might speak over yourself, "In the name of Jesus, I break any and all word curses spoken over me by my parents, grandparents, or anybody else, including myself."

The 7 times worse passage I believe applies to those who continue in their sinful lifestyle (Jesus said, "Unto the WICKED generation" in that passage)... if they have a demon of sexual perversion cast out, but continue to enjoy ungodly thoughts or deeds in that area of your life, then you're liable to have it come back and try to make an even worse mess.

However, there's no reason why you cannot be totally set free... keep seeking it... Jesus wants you to receive what He's purchased for you on the cross... and that includes your total freedom!

With love in Christ,
Robert
Religion brings outward conformity; relationship transforms the heart.
It was the religious folks who hated and murdered the Son of God.
Is it not rightly said that religion is Satan's version of Christianity?

gabby247771

hello

Post by gabby247771 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:15 pm

Well dear one,,thats exactly what it feel like and you did the right thing,,enough is enough I always say,,and you took YOUR authority and it left!!
YES!!!
but I too had to continue the battle,,especially depression,,but,,it was oppression not depression...the oppression was very heavy,,,it left,,but sooner or later it retruned,,but,,i kept doing ehat you did and took authority over it,,but if your saved,,i do not believe it will return 7 times worse,,,I really believe that is for the non beleiver not walking accordingly,,I suppose thats why you NEVER cast out of a non believer,,because I did know of one inncodent,,a woman,,had several things cast out,,but didnt try to walk accordingly and went back into heavy duty psychic practices and got worse,,
you will be fine dear one,,just fine..after 1000s expelled form me,,nothing has come back worse,,keep ypur house clean,,refill it woth the holy Spirit,,and dweel and seek jesus,,they ahve NO power,,so..when they come to try to put oppression,,,they will wekaen and weaken actually,,habging on to pretty much nothing,but,,keep stong,,asl for sound mind,,and clarity and keep taking that authority,,and youll walk freely!!!!

:clapping: :clapping:
Have a Blessed Day! for it is Written: I will never leave you, nor forsake you!

Live for God Destroy the pricipalities of Darkeness!!!!

Baby_Christian

Post by Baby_Christian » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:49 pm

Robert L wrote:
Baby_Christian wrote:And do they always come back, or are they gone for good once you cast them out?
This is a great question. Our goal is always to cast them out and never have them come back, but once in a while, they may return for one reason or another. There are a few very common reasons why demons return, and they include (but not limited to)...

- Unbroken legal grounds. If you drive out a demon, but fail to throw away occult books, rings, break curses, etc., then they are liable to return because they have a 'right' to be there. Breaking up legal grounds is a very important part of the deliverance process to help ensure that the person receives deliverance which lasts.

- Strongholds that weren't torn down. If you continue to live out in your mind some old strongholds which demons were holding onto, then you could invite them back into your life. For example, a stronghold might be where you see yourself as a dirty rotten sinner, even though Jesus washed you clean with His blood... what you think about yourself, in such a case, is just not true. In such a case, if a spirit of guilt was one of your demons that has been giving you a hard time all along, it could try to use your old thinking patterns of guilt and shame to make a re-entry.

- The door is re-opened to the demon(s). If you battled with spirits of fear, and then go out after your deliverance and watch a terribly scary movie, you can re-open the door for that demon(s) to return. Living out a Godly life is always an important key to maintaining your freedom.

- Demons often work together. If a person has a spirit of depression, there may be also a spirit of hopelessness, or fear of death, or something else that is closely related. A person with a spirit of lust may also have a sexual perversion spirit as well. Somebody with "anger" might have "rage" and even "murder" in some cases. If you cast out some of the demons, but not all... the ones left may work to cause you to re-open the door to the spirits which were cast out. A spirit of fear, for example, will work on you to get you to fall back into fear, which could re-open you to a spirit of worry. One helpful thing is to bind the demon to all of it's kind and cast them all out at once. There's also what we call gatekeepers, which are basically demons which work to re-open the door to the other demons. If you cast out all but the gatekeeper, you're liable to have them return.

Baby_Christian wrote:But a week and a half later, it came back, very bad. It reminded me of the bible verse that talks about when a demon leaves it's "home" and the house is swept clean, etc. So he goes out and gets 7 more demons, stronger than him, and goes back.
Did you go after the demon(s) again? Sometimes they try to tempt you with a few feelings, just to see if you will let them back in. You need to confront them again and let them know who's boss! Sometimes they just need a little persistence.

If you continue to have a problem with this, I would look into the breaking up of legal grounds and the tearing down of strongholds. Was your parents also in bondage to depression? If so, then there might be some generational stuff to be broken and cast out. If you've had it your whole life, then it's likely something that was handed down to you, or perhaps a curse spoke over you by your parents (likely unknowingly). If a mother, who has spiritual authority over her baby, says, "I wish you weren't born!" even before the baby can understand what is being said... those words can open up that baby to spirits of rejection for example. The Bible tells us that our words carry the power of life and death, so we always need to be careful never to speak word curses over our children. Saying things such as, "Your never going to make it in life!" is a horrible thing to do to a child. Such things need to be broken in Jesus' name. You might speak over yourself, "In the name of Jesus, I break any and all word curses spoken over me by my parents, grandparents, or anybody else, including myself."

The 7 times worse passage I believe applies to those who continue in their sinful lifestyle (Jesus said, "Unto the WICKED generation" in that passage)... if they have a demon of sexual perversion cast out, but continue to enjoy ungodly thoughts or deeds in that area of your life, then you're liable to have it come back and try to make an even worse mess.

However, there's no reason why you cannot be totally set free... keep seeking it... Jesus wants you to receive what He's purchased for you on the cross... and that includes your total freedom!

With love in Christ,
Robert
Thank you Robert! Ok, someone needs to explain to me about the Legal Ground thing. I definantly think I need to do a "spiritual housecleaning" sort of thing, but I am not sure what I need to get rid of!

I read somewhere that frogs and owls are of a "dark nature" and should be gotten rid of. My Mom used to collect owls, and I have a lot of owl figurines and paintings in the house. One is right next to my bed, and it felt scary last night-so scary that I had to take it down. And I collect frogs, and have since I was a kid. I have stuffed frogs everywhere in my room. Are those bad to have maybe?

Yes, I am sure that I have more demons that are related to the Depression.....that's why I've been trying to find that site that had a list of all the names of evil spirits. It may have been GBS, I will keep looking.

Daughter

Post by Daughter » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:15 am

In case you have trouble finding them . . . .here they are!

www.greatbiblestudy.com/haunted_homes_land.php

This is also a good start:

www.greatbiblestudy.com/legalrights.php

www.greatbiblestudy.com/power_thoughts.php

www.greatbiblestudy.com/soulties.php

I didn't uderstand these things at first either! :-D

Blessings!
A Daughter of the King

" .....Therefore He does much more than we could ever ask for or imagine, according to HIS POWER working in US!"
Ephesians 3:20
:)

Baby_Christian

Post by Baby_Christian » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:47 pm

Daughter wrote:In case you have trouble finding them . . . .here they are!

www.greatbiblestudy.com/haunted_homes_land.php

This is also a good start:

www.greatbiblestudy.com/legalrights.php

www.greatbiblestudy.com/power_thoughts.php

www.greatbiblestudy.com/soulties.php

I didn't uderstand these things at first either! :-D

Blessings!
These are great! Thanks!

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:24 pm

I asked a question a couple days ago, but I never did get an answer to it. Someone said something about bitterness toward God. I received deliverance last week. One of the main things I have received as a result of this deliverance is clarity. Charity!!! It is a wonderful thing and highly underrated. Anyway, when I read about this -here on this forum, I suddenly realized that this may be something I am dealing with. A bitter root toward God. Can someone please tell me about this and tell me how to deal with this? I know it is there and I know that it is holding me back from a lot of things and causing other things to be held back from me.

Thank you.

Godschild :wave:
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

Baby_Christian

Post by Baby_Christian » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:35 am

Godschild wrote:I asked a question a couple days ago, but I never did get an answer to it. Someone said something about bitterness toward God. I received deliverance last week. One of the main things I have received as a result of this deliverance is clarity. Charity!!! It is a wonderful thing and highly underrated. Anyway, when I read about this -here on this forum, I suddenly realized that this may be something I am dealing with. A bitter root toward God. Can someone please tell me about this and tell me how to deal with this? I know it is there and I know that it is holding me back from a lot of things and causing other things to be held back from me.

Thank you.

Is there anything that you subciously blame God for maybe? Even something like not turning out the way you wanted to be in life, or losing a job, or whatever.

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:59 am

Oh, Yes!

I can remember a night many, many, many years ago -at least oh 23 or so years ago, not too terribly long after I moved here to Virginia. I was sitting outside one summer night. It was a beautiful night. I will never forget it. It was warm, but breezy and I could hear the leaves of the trees as the wind moved through them. It was not windy exactly, but it was very breezy. I stood out in the driveway and raised my fist up to God and yelled "Why, God? Why?" I was very angry feeling that God caused (or allowed) all of the bad things that happened to me. I was hurting very deeply and had been living with this hurt for decades and was tired. I guess I actually felt rejected by God.

I have since come to love The Father very,, very much. I trust Him deeply (He has shown me how). He has taught me about faith and how to use -or exercise- it. But I know there is a bitter root there. I can feel it. And I know that it is causing some things to be held back. I can feel that too. It is a resident in my spirit that does not belong there.

My life is my life and I am sure it is the way it is because of choices I made. No one was holding a gun to my head. But somewhere inside of me I know I am holding a string of bitterness toward God. That is the only way I can describe it. That is the way it feels. Like a string. I think it is there because somewhere inside of me I think that God can divinely intervene in a lot of the affairs in my life, but will not. Of course, I realize that things I do or do not do, decisions I make or do not make, choices I make and do not make, things I say and do not say have everything to do with all of this. But I think that somehow I blame God. Its kind of like this: My husband's father died when he was 8 and his mother left him. He told me that the Christmas after his Dad died he prayed and prayed and prayed (Christmas Eve) for God to give him back his father for Christmas. That this was all he wanted and nothing else, and that if he could just have that one thing he would never ask for anything else again. He said that on Christmas morning he went running down the stairs just knowing that he would see his Dad sitting their on the couch reading the paper and smoking a cigarette just like always -and, of course, he wasn't there.

I know, because I know about these things, that the little boy in him never got over that, that the little boy in him could never understand why God took his daddy away from him (thereby blaming Him for it), and that this is something that he has never come to terms with -that and his mother leaving him to deal with that grief alone. Very sad story. But I know that because of it he has a root of bitterness toward god for it. In the same way I know I do too, but I cannot really articulate the reasons for it.

Godschild

Godschild
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

Robert L

Post by Robert L » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:55 am

Baby_Christian wrote:Thank you Robert! Ok, someone needs to explain to me about the Legal Ground thing. I definantly think I need to do a "spiritual housecleaning" sort of thing, but I am not sure what I need to get rid of!

I read somewhere that frogs and owls are of a "dark nature" and should be gotten rid of. My Mom used to collect owls, and I have a lot of owl figurines and paintings in the house. One is right next to my bed, and it felt scary last night-so scary that I had to take it down. And I collect frogs, and have since I was a kid. I have stuffed frogs everywhere in my room. Are those bad to have maybe?

Yes, I am sure that I have more demons that are related to the Depression.....that's why I've been trying to find that site that had a list of all the names of evil spirits. It may have been GBS, I will keep looking.
That's another idea for an article on this web site... a list of common cursed items that should be removed from our homes. Until then, the simplest way to put this is... does the object symbolize something good? Or something bad? Evil books is a definite no no. Any demonic games, occult materials, etc. must go.

If you think you might have an obsession with frogs and owls, you might ask yourself "why". Owls I believe represents darkness, and would not be surprised if the collecting of owls by your mother didn't have something to do with your bondage to depression. I had one friend who had a collection of skull drawings, and when I told him that it symbolized death, he got rid of them... then he said that the house felt cleaner spiritually!

I think the frogs might be a case-by-case bases. Frogs are known to be tied in with sexual spirits (symbolically). However, I see nothing wrong with a friendly puffy green frog like Kermit sitting around. I used to have frogs as pets as a boy, and I never picked up a demon or anything evil from it. However, just keep an open mind as to what the Holy Spirit lays on your heart. What He tells you is always for your own good!

With love in Christ,
Robert

Robert L

Post by Robert L » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:00 am

Godschild wrote:I asked a question a couple days ago, but I never did get an answer to it. Someone said something about bitterness toward God. I received deliverance last week. One of the main things I have received as a result of this deliverance is clarity. Charity!!! It is a wonderful thing and highly underrated. Anyway, when I read about this -here on this forum, I suddenly realized that this may be something I am dealing with. A bitter root toward God. Can someone please tell me about this and tell me how to deal with this? I know it is there and I know that it is holding me back from a lot of things and causing other things to be held back from me.

Thank you.

Hello sister,

I thought I replied to your message... but maybe I'm thinking about something else here... sorry if I ignored you, it wasn't my intension!

Was this the post that you were looking for?
Robert L wrote:
Godschild wrote:Hey Robert!!! :wave:

I just had deliverance the other day. But, what you said about being angry with God struck a deep chord with me. How do we deal with that particular issue. I truly love The Father, but it occurred to me when I read your post that I, too, may be dealing with a bitter root.

Godschild
Perhaps the most important key is to come to realize that God is not the cause of your problem. Understanding the true nature of God, and His goodness, lovingkindness, and mercy towards us, is the key to renew your mind to see Him as a GOOD God, who is not the source of troubles in our lives. The way I recommend going about this, is to start studying things in God's Word which speak of His goodness and mercy. The Bible is LOADED with stories of His goodness towards us! I also highly recommend some of Gloria Copelands teachings and books, which are great stronghold-breakers. Her book Blessed Beyond Meaure is a must-read for anybody who questions the goodness of God. She also has a new book called something like God's Master Plan for your Life, which I have not yet read, but it looks outstanding. She is anointed when it comes to teaching about what a good God that He really is! I also have a CD teaching series from her ministry called the Goodness of God, and it is unbelievable... and I think it *might* still be on sale for $17 or so. It's a power-packed teaching that you can listen to over and over again. Coming to know of God's true nature and love towards us, is a huge key to break down the tendency of blaming or being angry with Him. It's important to also realize that it's demonic spirits who try to get us to blame God... it's the work of Satan, and another example of how he tries to rise Himself up against the knowledge of God in our lives.

I hope this helps! Get your hands on her book(s) though... you will soak them up I know it... and if you can possibly get her CD series, DO IT! You won't regret it!!

With love in Christ,
Robert

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:24 am

I have an interesting story. I was given a Bible about twelve years ago. It is the spirit filled Life Study Bible. If you are familiar with it then you know it is excellent. Last year about a couple weeks before Christmas while I was in the local Christian Book Store I saw a devotional Bible called the Spirit Daily Devotional Bible. I had to have that Bible! But I was not able to get it at the time as every dime was accounted for it being so close to Christmas. It was the only copy they had in the store (I asked) and policy would not allow them to hold it for me. So, I put my hand on the Bible and I prayed over it, of course first thanking The Father that He always answers my prayers and then asked him to hold that Bible there for me. Well, it was much longer than I had anticipated before I could by that Bible. It was well after the first of the year. But when I started reading that Bible it was as if it had been written just for me. I have gotten as far as 1 Chronicles in the Old Testament and about the middles of The gospel of John in the New.

The point I am making is this: In reading through the books of the OT that I have read thus far, (not that I haven't read them before) I have learned of the Great Loving Mercy and Goodness of God. I have come to an understanding of why the Old Testament and the New Testament are put together in one Book called The Holy Bible. The Old Testament teaches us directly about the faithfulness and love of God. Read prayerfully the OT gives us faith and helps to increase it. The New Testament teaches of His great Forgiveness and Salvation and how to obtain it. The New Testament of course being the New Covenant in Christ. Of course, these are not the only things I learned, but I have learned about His great goodness.

Also reading through and studying the Old Testament has caused my faith in The Father and my trust in Him to grow exponentially.
It's important to also realize that it's demonic spirits who try to get us to blame God... it's the work of Satan, and another example of how he tries to rise Himself up against the knowledge of God in our lives.

Yep! And this is why I stand and continue to stand against every argument and theory and reasoning and every proud and lofty thing (and idea) that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and that every thought and purpose shall be led away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One), in the Great and Mighty Name of Jesus! Amen.

Thank you so much for your kindness and your caring Robert L.

P.S.: I have been going to GBS and reading and learning...