So very new to spiritual warfare...

Join us in discussing deliverance and spiritual warfare.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Lacey

So very new to spiritual warfare...

Post by Lacey » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:53 pm

Hello! My name is Lacey and I'm 23 years old. I've been a Christian for two years and I'm very new to spiritual warfare.

I know how to rebuke spirits from my home, and I've annointed my home as well. But lately I've been having a very rough time. I know this may sound sort of naive or stupid, but I think I always sort of had this idea that I was too unimportant for the enemy to know who I was or to care. However, last night, as I lay in bed, I was aware of a black presence that stood at the foot of my bed. And, I know this may sound pretty crazy, but I felt this hatred emanating from it that I have never felt the likes of which before. For the first time in my life, I realize that the enemy not only hates me deeply, he would like to take my life.

I would like to know more about how God has directed His people to rebuke the enemy and protect themselves. Are there any good resources that you've come across, or even some advice for those just starting their walk about warfare? I would love to hear from you.

Much love in Jesus,

Lacey

Rescuer
Moderator Staff

Re: So very new to spiritual warfare...

Post by Rescuer » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:37 pm

Lacey wrote:Hello! My name is Lacey and I'm 23 years old. I've been a Christian for two years and I'm very new to spiritual warfare.

I know how to rebuke spirits from my home, and I've annointed my home as well. But lately I've been having a very rough time. I know this may sound sort of naive or stupid, but I think I always sort of had this idea that I was too unimportant for the enemy to know who I was or to care. However, last night, as I lay in bed, I was aware of a black presence that stood at the foot of my bed. And, I know this may sound pretty crazy, but I felt this hatred emanating from it that I have never felt the likes of which before. For the first time in my life, I realize that the enemy not only hates me deeply, he would like to take my life.

I would like to know more about how God has directed His people to rebuke the enemy and protect themselves. Are there any good resources that you've come across, or even some advice for those just starting their walk about warfare? I would love to hear from you.

Much love in Jesus,

Lacey
:wave: Welcome to the forum! That presence was an evil spirit hell-bent on your destruction. However, we have some spiritual weapons that God has provided us with to fight back ~ the Holy Scriptures, the symbol of the cross, holy angels, the verbal confession of the blood of Jesus, sacred oil, praise music, etc.

Here is a great resource: www.greatbiblestudy.com

Enjoy!
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves..."

DoorTwelve
Moderator Staff

Re Hi

Post by DoorTwelve » Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:59 am

I just was reading your post and I have experienced that myself some years ago ,when you press into the word of God and seek spiritual help sometimes you become a target of opposition to the enemy! The figure while appearing ominous actually is in a very weak position when you find and take your authority in Jesus Christ,plead the blood of Christ to cover your home when you see him and rebuke his presence in the name of Jesus,when we resist Satan he flees but spiritual warfare is ongoing and manifestations are something that you run into every now and then
it is not unusual to have the enemy running around your camp but remember he is toothless as you become closer to Jesus they will flee
and keep your eye on Jesus and he will afford you peace you need!
:-D :smile: :smile: :-D :clapping: