deliverance for people with mental illness

This is a place to discuss heavy duty situations (hauntings, trances, etc.)<br />We want you to know that we believe you, and that you are not alone!<br /><i>(This forum may contain stories that are not suitable for everybody)</i>

Moderator: Moderator Staff

flyingeagle

deliverance for people with mental illness

Post by flyingeagle » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:51 am

Can we bring deliverance to someone who is suffering from mental problems?

When I was prayed for when I first became a christian, my pastor told me that he needs me to fight with them in order to cast the devil out.

My question is what if the person is not in his senses. can we still cast a devil out?

My friend right now is in a mental hospital because her parents could not controlled her. But before that she told me that she was having all kind of lust ful thoughts and she needed to entertain these thoughts in order to feel well

She fought with her boyfriend for nothing and couldn't feel any kind of peace. She had all kind of erotic dreams etc.

My question is where do we go from here? Her parents has given up.

Any advice? anyone ever prayed for people like this?

RichVA
Moderator Staff

Re: deliverance for people with mental illness

Post by RichVA » Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:24 pm

flyingeagle wrote:Can we bring deliverance to someone who is suffering from mental problems?

When I was prayed for when I first became a christian, my pastor told me that he needs me to fight with them in order to cast the devil out.

My question is what if the person is not in his senses. can we still cast a devil out?

My friend right now is in a mental hospital because her parents could not controlled her. But before that she told me that she was having all kind of lust ful thoughts and she needed to entertain these thoughts in order to feel well

She fought with her boyfriend for nothing and couldn't feel any kind of peace. She had all kind of erotic dreams etc.

My question is where do we go from here? Her parents has given up.

Any advice? anyone ever prayed for people like this?
Sure, many of us have. In these cases I pray for Healing and Deliverance - just follow the Holy Spirit.

-rich
Isaiah 61:1 "He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound..."

Pastor QT

Post by Pastor QT » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:56 pm

Yes you can pray for someone whose mental faculties are not ok. It will take wisdom and being led by the Holy Spirit if the person is in an institution. But the answer to your question is yes, I have ministered to some so have my friends. Actually at church we have the honour and priviledge of having one person who had been in a mental hospital! God delivered her completely!

Jesus is able!
I love you with bondage-breaking love!

Pastor QT is a published author, missionary and speaker. He is ready to do anything, anytime, anywhere for the sake of Jesus Christ!

gregpc

Post by gregpc » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:58 pm

Please pray for God to deliver me from mental attacks. I'm trying to get my thinking in order, but I find myself suffering with headaches, confusion, depression, anxiety, etc. I've tried to overcome it by focusing on the truth, making good confessions, rebuking the attack on my mind, even casting out the offenders, but I've continued to struggle. I've improved a lot, but still not 100%

Greg