What is normal sleep and dreams ?

This is a place to discuss heavy duty situations (hauntings, trances, etc.)<br />We want you to know that we believe you, and that you are not alone!<br /><i>(This forum may contain stories that are not suitable for everybody)</i>

Moderator: Moderator Staff

michel67

What is normal sleep and dreams ?

Post by michel67 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:08 am

I was just wondering what is normal sleep and normal dreams like?

Seems i never have normal, peaceful, or restful sleep and dreams, not sure what they are or what any one else has - Mine are usually nightmares and evil, not nice things in my dreams

stillGods

Post by stillGods » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:51 am

hi Michel
I used to have bad dreams, not as regularly as you though so i can only imagine how unsettling it must be for you at times.

These days, today since God intervened, while i have had a few nightmares Jesus has always calmed them and brought peace.
mostly i go to sleep and wake early but not overly early with no memory of my dreams, or if i do remember they are not bad ones usually.
God is merciful and i do acknowledge it is His work in my life that is why my nights are so much more peaceful than they used to be.

Trust is a big one for me with God and for me exchanging anxiety and fear for trust in His Sovereignty over all things has calmed down a lot. it makes it hard for the enemy to stir up anxiety about something if i know God has already got that sorted. i can just roll over and go back to sleep because its in Gods hands

I realise your reasons for nightmares may not be the same as mine, but hope you dont mind me sharing some of my journey.

God bless you

michel67

Post by michel67 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:38 pm

I dont mind you sharing youre journey at all, , i like to hear, and its good to hear from others experiences, and thoughts .

Mine are some times quite unsettling, with having nightmares, nightterrors for maybe over 15 years now, and now having some insomnia at times, which i have never really had troubles in falling asleep , just what comes through the sleep. Its just hard for me to imagine or think what other kind of sleep, dreams, there is and whether there is resful, and peaceful sleep with good things and not bad things in them all the time. Its about all ive known for awhile.. Some times i do remember, and some times do not, and am thankful for the times God helps me to not remember what was in my sleep.
Last night was not quite a good night, in the home and settled for bed, and was having a bad mood of it all, so prior to sleeping, i started calling out Jesus Name, outloud, not in my heart, but many times, for Him to hear me, my mood seemed to change and i felt somewhat better and was able to rest. I still did have some difficult dreams and sleep, somewhat remember, wont go into it but it was better than some nights.

Thanks again for sharing - :smile:

uncertain

Post by uncertain » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:33 am

:(

I'm not sure what normal sleep and dreams are. What I experience may be extraordinary.

I guess I have a few action / adventure dreams. (though they are often difficult to recall)

I rarely feel rested in the morning, but the dreams themselves are usually enjoyable.
&#10013;

michel67

Post by michel67 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:00 pm

i dont think there is such a thing as normal sleep and dreams - i just dont get it

Last night and into the morning there they were again, atleast two seperate dreams i somewhat recall on people being chased, and hurt -

mine are never enjoyable or peaceful unless Jesus is there with me in them and then there is no negative or hurtful,, i will just continue praying before sleep, dedicating my bed , saying Jesus Name, and taking communion prior to sleep if needed to keep the hurtful, and negative out and more peaceful and posiitive -

i think there just must be so much in my mind and going on in my mind that that its hard to feel and see the peaceful and calm when i sleep -

i think i will forget about the "normal", i dont think there is one