"near death" experience vs demonic attack

This is a place to discuss heavy duty situations (hauntings, trances, etc.)<br />We want you to know that we believe you, and that you are not alone!<br /><i>(This forum may contain stories that are not suitable for everybody)</i>

Moderator: Moderator Staff

DaughterofGrace

"near death" experience vs demonic attack

Post by DaughterofGrace » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:29 am

Blessings all. I was glad to see as I am finally back online that we have this forum to discuss things I wouldnt want to share with just anyone. I had a situation, many years ago, which proceeded my current involvement in ministry. This is kind of involved, but I will try to keep it as short as possible for easier reading. I was intensely attacked by a spirit of fear that was so strong, I became agoraphobic ( couldnt leave my house ), and also could not eat and barely slept. This continued for weeks as I became weaker and had no clue it was spiritual warfare I was facing. I have been a Christian all my life, and one day called a ministry out of desperation. Unfortunately I live in a very spiritually dry area and was unable to have someone come pray with me, but when I explained my situation, the woman prayed for me on the phone, and said she felt I was being attacked because of a call on my life. In hindsight it makes sense now because when I was delivered .... the Lord dunked me headfirst into deliverance with little knowledge and no experience. But here is the question I have for you guys. During the deepest part of my struggle, I felt everything go black and felt myself being pulled downward. I was surrounded by demons and creatures of all kinds of ugliness. I somhow knew I was being pulled into the pit, dont ask how I knew, I just did. I can also say with a great degree of surety that I was blind, deaf, and dumb ... all my senses were gone but I was somehow operating thru spiritual senses. I could feel, see, and even hear the demons around me. I felt them tearing at me with horrid, violent, hate. As I felt the last of my strength ebbing away, I knew I would not survive without help. I looked up ( dont ask why, I dont know ) and said simply " Jesus, I cannot do this anymore. If you really want me, you will have to come get me". Instantly I saw a light and a huge hand grabbed me and suddenly I was back on my bed, my human senses restored. So .... comments ? Do you think I had a near death experince or a demonic attack ? I have prayed for many years and have yet to come to my own conclusions. Thanks for reading.
Kathleen ~~~ Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint ~~~

DaughterofGrace

Post by DaughterofGrace » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:38 pm

I would like to add a footnote to my previous post. I did not mention that altho I was a Christian, I was not walking with the Lord at all, was not in church but was in sexual sin during that time, which is why I believe it could possibly have a been a near death experience. Not to start issues with the once saved/ always saved question, but I beleive what the Word of the Lord says - without holiness we shall not see God.
Kathleen ~~~ Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint ~~~

TruJerz

Post by TruJerz » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:29 am

I agree with a lot of what you're saying especially with the once saved always saved thing. I believe Christians can fall into deep sin without repentance and rebel against God and His Word and therefore be accountable for their sinful nature.

now, about what you went through its hard to say my brethren. I was also a young man who was raised a Christian but never really knew the Lord and was living in sin especially sexual sin. And one night, when I was smoking weed(rebelling against God), I had a full blown panic attack where an enormous sense of fear came upon me like nothing I've ever experienced before and since that day I have been dealing with a ton of medical problems. This was about 4 years ago. I have repented and gave my life to Christ but I still struggle with many physical ailments which I believe came from demons entering my body from my sin nature. I need real deliverance. I've had some ppl pray for me and felt like I was getting somewhere but never totally delivered. Once was over the phone and the other was a friend of mine but I felt he stopped praying before all the demons were casted out. does this even make sense?? I hope it does

some of the things you describe sounds similar to some of the things I've experienced but not to that degree. I feel it may have been both spiritual and physical which would explain the near death feeling. but its glad to know you were delivered from that! Praise God! hope that helped a bit. pray for me..God Bless :)
Then he said, "I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven"-Matthew 18:3