are children more sensitive to seeing demons

This is a place to discuss heavy duty situations (hauntings, trances, etc.)<br />We want you to know that we believe you, and that you are not alone!<br /><i>(This forum may contain stories that are not suitable for everybody)</i>

Moderator: Moderator Staff

michel67

are children more sensitive to seeing demons

Post by michel67 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:05 am

?

Psalm37:4

Post by Psalm37:4 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:23 pm

I don't think so for the fact that it doesn't say it in the Word. Children are definately more sensitive to things than we as adults as far as sins that we might commit in their presence. That are more impressionable. Children are definately more open and take in everything that we might not think they do, but as far as seeing/feeling evil spirits, IMO no. I think the more involved in spiritual warfare you are, the more you will discern evil spirits. I believe that Christ protects children from this until they become mature enough to handle it. Now this doesn't mean that children cannot become oppressed because of generational curses of their parents on down. I had to become delivered myself from a generational curse of depression that I dealt with as a very young child that was generational. God want's us to be open like little children and humble ourselves like them, so IMO, the Lord protects children from being able to sense demons spiritually until the Lord equips them with the knowledge and maturity to deal with it later in life. This would be tramatic for them IMO without adequate knowledge of what spiritual warfare is and entails.
Isaiah 61:1 ."The Spirit of the Lord has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound."

michel67

Post by michel67 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:35 pm

thanks for answering psalms , the only reason i asked was my daughter says she some times see's people, dark figures in the room at night when im sleeping with her, she has said it on a few different nights, and i look but dont see anything and i tell her its just the dark and her eyes,, i know alot of kids get scared of the dark and its hard to see whats really there, but the only reason i halfway believed her was because when i was little i used to see people, once two kids , maybe less than 10 years old, a boy and girl standing in my doorway to my room looking at me, and another time a long line of people , animals, walking into my room through my wall.. etc..

thanks again.

Collins

Post by Collins » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:15 pm

I taught a class to a group at my old church called the Watchmen, these people handled spiritual warfare at the church.
The class grew pretty popular and the enemy began attacking our family.

One night my oldest son, he was a little older than two, came running out of his room telling us about an owl that was flying around his room. Normally you would chalk it up to a toddler's imagination, but as I entered the room my spirt told me something was there.

I was of course furious that the attack came to my child, but I could not see it, he could.

This is either because of a gift from God to my son, or his age.....just my two cents....
Psalms 3:3 "FOR THOU OH LORD ART A SHIELD FOR ME, MY GLORY, AND THE LIFTER OF MY HEAD."

rosie

Post by rosie » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:36 pm

my 2year old son often wakes up screaming during the night. he tells us that there are monsters in his bedroom and that they are talking to him. when we walk into his room, you can sense that something is there. eventually with alot of prayer, he calms down and goes back to sleep.

just the other night, i could hear my son talking through the baby monitors. my daughter was crying. he said something like 'GO IN JESUS NAME!' my daughter stopped crying and they both went back to sleep. in the morning i asked him what happened. he said that a monster was making my daughter cry so he told it to go away.

so yes, i do believe that children do see demons/monsters that we cant see. they attack the little ones as they are so vulnerable and innocent. we pray protection for our children every night before they go to sleep.

Collins

Post by Collins » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:46 pm

I love that.......give that little warrior a high five for me!!!!
Psalms 3:3 "FOR THOU OH LORD ART A SHIELD FOR ME, MY GLORY, AND THE LIFTER OF MY HEAD."

michel67

Post by michel67 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:54 pm

i think they can disguise themselves as children or people children are familiar with to connect to them perhaps,, im not sure,, but i know after my grandmother died when i was about 7 or 8 i woke up in the middle of the night and saw what i believed was Jesus standing or floating at the end of my bed dressed in a white robe, and my grandmother was next to him also in a white robe, they were looking down at my mother who was in bed next to me , i had believed it was him from the pictures i had seen of him when i was little,,, though my mother died about 3 or 4 years later... now im not sure who i had saw at the time...

my daughter has never said she ever see's people or children at night, she asked me to turn the bathroom light on for her last night even though she was a few steps away , she said she always see's ghosts in the dark.... so i think i have to believe her and not let her be afraid..

Collins

Post by Collins » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:40 pm

I was about 6 when I was lying in my bed and seen a spirit with a bag over his shoulder walk through a wall in my mom and dad's house, of course I wasnt taken seriously......

Years later my mom told me the story of the previous owner. The owner had a fight with his roommate and killed him. He cut him into pieces and put him in a garbage bag and set him out with the trash.

Did I see this dead killers spirit? no, no, and no. He is gone to heaven or hell depending on his acceptance of Christ. What I did see, however, was the spirit that defiled the house after blood was shed.

I believe that the reason people see dead loved ones or civil war soldiers, etc, is because of the defilement on that land and the demon in possesion of the land taking the form of the defilement. There are many others reasons for such manifestations, but very few fall into accordance with scripture........

Lee

Post by Lee » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:33 pm

I personally believe children ARE more sensitive. I will give you a number of reasons:

1. I am pretty much a "child" myself. meaning, though Im 20 years old, I look no more than say 14/15, my looks are very veryyy young.

2. I had loads of experiences as young as 2 or 3 that was spiritually related.

3. even though it is not in scripture, I believe the Lord can and does use young people and shines His glory through them because they are the least defiled (not necessarily) and polluted than adults., See adults always tend to look things from an intellectual angle, and im not saying its bad but im saying that as you grow, socially you accept other things where as a child, you had simple child like faith if ever you were brought up in the Lord and on Christian values. It seems the more I grow, I have to "accept" the social way of doingd things. it becomes mechanical. You can never act "immature" or like a "child" but funny enough, thats exactly God will have you do things most times because society has always been built on the tradition of men plus mixed in with some truth of God's preferred way. But back to the topic at hand, I have had experiences

The first was when I was 2 years old I believe, I was at my grandparents house, me and my aunties were in the sitting room, and the door was wedged open wide. I remembr looking to my right as if you would when you see someone or turn your head to look at someone, and I saw a head with "dreadlocks" poking in to the room and looking at me and smiling. I got up and went to the passage that leads into the sitting room and nobody was there! I'm sure I saw a demon. or maybe it was just my mind.

When I moved into my house at 3 years, thats when more or less everynight, spiritual phenomena started happening. And i am someone who has powerful discernment because of the way God has been graceful in my life and His providence to keeping me in the simpleness and purity of His word.

One night, I experiences paralysis and I was able to see from a fixed view and breath but I sensed "something" squashing down on me. you see, i sleep on my front so my nose would have been buried deep in the bed. I just remember it getting very hot and not being able to move for hours on end and thinking I would die because of this \"thing" that was sitting on me!

I told my mum the next morning and she taught me the bsics of rebuking and commanding the evil spirits to go in Jesus' name. THE NEXT TIME, I DID NOT EVEN SO MUCH AS OPEN MY MOUTH (BECAUSE YOU CAN'T WHEN YOUR UNDER SLEEP PARALYSIS) ALL I DID WAS THINK OF JESUS AND IN MY SPIRIT COMMANDED IT TO GO. I WAS SO MAD, HOW DARE THEY! AND IT WENT! its happened a few times throughout my life even after coming to Christ and reading spiritual warfare books that I have had some attempts.

One time even, when I had been praying over certain regions of the world for strongholds to be broken, at 3am roughly a higher entity of demonic spriit came to tell me to bow to it. It went like this: I grew sleepy and dreary then suddenly, it seemed I was convulsing and shaking then Im telling you as clear as I could hear other people I heard a voice that shook me and said "YOU WILL BOW DOWN TO ME" and in my spirit I refused and it screamed. This struggle went on for most of the night. this spirit even gave me a defiled dream where I saw my mum naked and lead me to believe that the devil had taken her. It had to lt me go when even in the dream, my conscience was intact and when I kept praying for Jesus to set me free.

Those are just one of a few spiritual things I have experienced as a child. When your child says they are seeing monsters, teach them to rebuke the demons (thats what they're really area) and ask the Lord to put a special hedge of protection around them so they can't be harmed. Believeme if you do this to your child, He/she will become a warrior and be more perceptive and discerning to situations and circumstances later in life. Train a child in the way of the Lord and he will not depart when he is older! God bless :wave:

michel67

Post by michel67 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:45 am

i do believe that children can see things that we , as adults, cannot and do not, see.. and i do tell my daughter not to be afraid, that nothing will hurt her... and to pray to God for it to leave..

i remember when i was little seeing a black cat in my garage, but this was not a ordinary cat, it was a big black cat, about 3 feet tall, almost like a panther, and i remember hiding behind the furnace, and then it was gone. but our home at that time was new when we moved in, no one else had lived there before..

the home i lived in when i was born was right by a fort, Fort Osage Fort, where the Osage Indians were and the confederates? Our house was about 8 feet from the fort and a stones throw away, though i dont remember anything since i was so little, though my brother says he remembers hundreds of frogs in our yard when we lived there due to coming up from the river , he said everywhere you stepped there was a frog , and he could some times hear like cannons going off though they actually werent.