Human sacrifices 'on the rise in Uganda'

This is a place to discuss heavy duty situations (hauntings, trances, etc.)<br />We want you to know that we believe you, and that you are not alone!<br /><i>(This forum may contain stories that are not suitable for everybody)</i>

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Rescuer
Moderator Staff

Human sacrifices 'on the rise in Uganda'

Post by Rescuer » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:20 am

From a leading UK Newspaper

"Human sacrifices 'on the rise in Uganda' as witch doctors admit to rituals
Witch doctors in Uganda have admitted their part in human sacrifice amid concerns that the practice is spreading in the African country.

Published: 6:00AM GMT 07 Jan 2010

One man said he had clients who had captured children and taken their blood and body parts to his shrine, while another confessed to killing at least 70 people including his own son.

The latter has now given up the ritual and is campaigning to stamp it out, according to BBC News.

The African country's government claimed human sacrifice was on the increase.

According to officials trying to tackle it, the crime is directly linked to rising levels of development and prosperity - and an increasing belief that witchcraft can help people get rich quickly.

During its investigation, to be broadcast on Thursday on Radio 4 and Newsnight, the BBC team witnessed anti-sacrifice campaigners torching the shrine of a witch-doctor in northern Uganda, who agreed to give up the practice.

He said clients came to him in search of wealth.

"They go and capture other people's children. They bring the heart and the blood directly here to take to the spirits," he said.

"They bring them in small tins and they place these objects under the tree from which the voices of the spirits are coming."

The witch doctor, who said he was paid 500,000 Ugandan shillings (around £160) for a consultation, denied any direct involvement in murder or incitement to murder, saying his spirits spoke directly to clients.

Moses Binoga, the assistant police commissioner who is head of the Ugandan anti-human sacrifice and trafficking task force, said there were 26 murders thought to be part of ritual sacrifice last year compared with three cases in 2007.

"We also have about 120 children and adults reported missing whose fate we have not traced," he added. "From the experience of those whom we recovered, we cannot rule out that they may be victims of human sacrifice."

:(
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves..."

demoncasterouter
Moderator Staff

Post by demoncasterouter » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:16 am

:crying:
"And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give." THIS is what I was born to do.

starlio
Moderator Staff

Post by starlio » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:14 am

Deep sadness......
Luke 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:43 pm

Horrible, that is sickening news. I pray that God would make an impact in Uganda and that the powers of witchcraft and divinations be trampled upon by the power of the Holy Spirit, and that the men, women, and children be protected from this evil.
"Anyone who is in Christ is a new creation; the old is gone, the new has come!"- 2 Corinthians 5:17

jtkenya

Post by jtkenya » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:40 pm

it is sad. While living in Kenya I had encountered a witch dr family most of which ended up accepting Jesus as Lord. One of them told us stories o things that went on. The people fear the witch drs greatly in africa and are held in so much bondage from them. They are so hungry for freedom.

Rescuer
Moderator Staff

Post by Rescuer » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:46 pm

You are so right sister in Jesus. Many trapped in steep darkness desire FREEDOM they just don't know how to obtain it especially in areas where paganism has ruled for centuries.

Once I was in a very remote area of Western Africa and had the wonderful opportunity to proclaim the gospel in areas where the gospel had NEVER been preached and so many idol worshippers responded because the heart's cry is for a Savior!
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves..."

demoncasterouter
Moderator Staff

Post by demoncasterouter » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:29 pm

Rescuer wrote:Once I was in a very remote area of Western Africa and had the wonderful opportunity to proclaim the gospel in areas where the gospel had NEVER been preached and so many idol worshippers responded because the heart's cry is for a Savior!
Oh wow.....now I would LOVE to do THAT! That would be sooo cool! They've never heard of Him....and here comes the Lord....Fresh and New Word! Awesome! 8)
"And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give." THIS is what I was born to do.

jtkenya

Post by jtkenya » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:32 pm

There are lots of places like that in Africa still. certain areas in Turkana kenya is still in need but yet no one is willing to go to such hard conditions spiritualy and physicly wise. There is nothing there except rocks and dirt and the heat is so misserable you can feel it burn through your shoes in early morning standing in the shade. The only missionaries we met in that area were two single girls in their 20s teaching at a school. That part did have a pastor and a church but the other area we went to had none.

Rescuer
Moderator Staff

Post by Rescuer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:28 pm

jtkenya wrote:There are lots of places like that in Africa still. certain areas in Turkana kenya is still in need but yet no one is willing to go to such hard conditions spiritualy and physicly wise. There is nothing there except rocks and dirt and the heat is so misserable you can feel it burn through your shoes in early morning standing in the shade. The only missionaries we met in that area were two single girls in their 20s teaching at a school. That part did have a pastor and a church but the other area we went to had none.
I know there are still at least 1-2 billion who have never heard the Gospel message. When I was last in Haiti I was told there were some areas high in the mountains that have never been reached with Jesus. Nobody will travel there as there is no roads and the journey is long uphill. I shared with some Haitian pastors that I would like to go and preach. Some of these unreached areas are untouched because of the physical demands and the spiritual demands. I remember when I was in the remote villages of Benin and we scared off the villagers as they had NEVER seen a white man before. They waited for a good half hour before they they came back as they wanted to see what we were up to. Very primitive village...no running water...many not wearing clothing...never even seen a vehicle before....took us many hours to get to this heavily wooded area. But holy power of Jesus was unusually strong as God wanted to save these dear people who for GENERATIONS worshipped spirits. There were 400-500 people in this village and nearly all surrendered to Jesus and then we proceeded with the deliverance meeting. All of those who were delivered instantanously from demons. It was amazing to behold!

demoncasterouter
Moderator Staff

Post by demoncasterouter » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:41 pm

That sounds awesome. Would love to be a part of something like that!

DoorTwelve
Moderator Staff

Post by DoorTwelve » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:55 pm

It's wonderful how God meets us at our needs in ministry when we are
working abroad or in tough ministry situations God is so good,When I ministered in Canada I was as far from home as I had ever been but I think it was
so blessed by God that any adversity that arose was covered immedietly.
God was before me and his favor was everywhere like Daddy watching over our every move.
Praise the Lord...... :clapping:
In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."(Isaiah 25:6-9)

Chameleon

About Africa

Post by Chameleon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:20 am

I find this topic extremely interesting. On my main site I have a page devoted to Africa. I have made a covenat with Africa. I have an African friend that is located in Malaysia. He is an apostle and I learned much about this country from him. Yahweh has given me much love for her (Africa). I also have a friend that just lovingly fell up under my ministry that I call my son. And I was invited by another one to Uganda. But following counsel I opted to wait until I have a team. I have a woman friend in Missouri that was invited to do a funeral in Africa. Women must be careful. She ended up having to call in Homeland Security because it turned out that at that time and in that area they were killing American ministers. I am on a network online with over 2,000 black preachers and two have already invited me to
Africa and the Lord led me to a group to assist certain parts of the country. Please pray for me to follow the Lord on this in timing, organizing and gathering together the correct people for the team, etc. You can check out my page for Africa at: **** sorry outside links are not allowed in the open forum keep up the good work though sister**** Glad to hear about the witchcraft and sacrifices. This will help me to be better prepared. Thanks.
REMEMBER, Yahweh's FORGOTTEN people, the Homeless.