Spiritual Dynamics of Soul Slavery/Mind Control

This is a place to discuss heavy duty situations (hauntings, trances, etc.)<br />We want you to know that we believe you, and that you are not alone!<br /><i>(This forum may contain stories that are not suitable for everybody)</i>

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Rescuer
Moderator Staff

Post by Rescuer » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:58 pm

MikeV60 wrote:Another thing that deceived me months ago was this website that claimed the NIV version of the Bible was false, and that the NIV supposedly "attacks the deity of Jesus Christ", when it referred to Lucifer as "morning star" in Isaiah 14. That deceived me alot because the version of the Bible I have is the New International Version, and I was hoping I wasn't being deceived. But then again, how can God's Word be corrupt? God's Word is infallible and indestructible, and written guided by the Holy Spirit. One key element of understanding the Bible is context. Not everything, but many scriptures in the Bible contain figurative language or comparison, etc. Context is crucial to understand God's Word and avoid unnecessary confusion. God is not a god of confusion, but of peace, clarity, and a sound, sober mind.
Well, I have used various translations of the Bible and they all work against demons, for the demons know the Holy Scriptures and they know of the holy power therein.
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves..."

demoncasterouter
Moderator Staff

Post by demoncasterouter » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:51 pm

Mike, the only version that attacks the deity of Jesus is the "New World Translation". This is apostate literature, stay away from that version, brother. All the others are good to go.
"And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give." THIS is what I was born to do.

chooselife

Post by chooselife » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:44 pm

demoncasterouter wrote:Mike, the only version that attacks the deity of Jesus is the "New World Translation". This is apostate literature, stay away from that version, brother. All the others are good to go.
I dloaded that version to listen to on my ipod, when I listened to it for about 5 mins it seemed very wrong, so I started checking the verses against the NIV version and saw how much they had changed it just to kind of fit in to todays way of life almost, so I deleted it and replaced it with the NIV version which is great.

I did just have a random thought tho, and that is that there is way to much division in the body of Christ, I can also see how that could make it hard for others to accept Christ if they see alot of division.
Reformation = Revival

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:03 pm

Good news- God revealed to me the truth that the NIV is OK and not false. The thing that deceived me back in August was this website claiming that the NIV was false and "attacked the deity of Jesus Christ" because it referred to Lucifer as "morning star" in Isaiah 14. But I was reading last night how Lucifer translated in Latin means "light bearer", and he was referred to as the "day star" or "morning star" when he was once a beautiful angel, before he was cast out of heaven because of pride and evil ambition. I think the difference between the NIV and KJV is just the language. KJV is written in kind of an Old English language, while the NIV is more modernized, standard English. For example, KJV uses words like "thou" and "thine", "hast", etc. The NIV just translates the Bible in modern English, using "we", "you", "who", etc. And plus, the Bible is translated in millions of different languages so all people in the world can understand and come to know Jesus Christ. I am so relieved that God revealed to me His truth because Satan was really preying upon that lie to deceive me. God bless you all! :smile:
Last edited by MikeV60 on Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Anyone who is in Christ is a new creation; the old is gone, the new has come!"- 2 Corinthians 5:17

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:21 pm

Rescuer, I really appreciate your post on how false doctrine and deceptions can cause demonic oppression, etc. It has helped me to realize I'm not alone and that there is hope, as one who was deceived greatly by false teaching. Satan is preying on me with deception and confusion, trying to lead me astray with lie after lie after lie. Satan has also attacked me with thoughts of hopelessness, and thoughts that I am beyond restoration, but God's Word says we have hope. I pray for God's hope and restoration because it is a fight no less, and Satan is trying to prey on my weaknesses. False teaching deceived me and has become a weakness at the moment as I am trying to get back into the solid truths of God's Word. I talked to a deliverance minister recently who pastors a church in Miami, and he said alot of my problems are that I'm not in the word, and that I haven't been using our spiritual weapons (Ephesians 4-5) effectively. I agree very much with that and felt alot better as I started to read the Bible and meditate on His truth. But I still feel I should see a deliverance minister or pastor or something, and just discuss what is going on. He doesn't suspect demonic oppression, but I am unsure to be honest, I tell you the truth, I am still new to intense spiritual warfare like this, so my understanding is so limited.

Satan has tried to attack me of recent with false myths with thoughts that life is just an illusion and that we are in like a dream or something, and this is not reality. I became so overwhelmed at one point I thought I was going insane.
"Anyone who is in Christ is a new creation; the old is gone, the new has come!"- 2 Corinthians 5:17

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:43 am

demoncasterouter wrote:Mike, the only version that attacks the deity of Jesus is the "New World Translation". This is apostate literature, stay away from that version, brother. All the others are good to go.
Hmmm... This is interesting. This is the Bible used by the Jehovah's Witnesses. And they absolutely do not believe in the diety of Jesus.
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

Daughter

Post by Daughter » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:20 am

Godschild wrote: Hmmm... This is interesting. This is the Bible used by the Jehovah's Witnesses. And they absolutely do not believe in the diety of Jesus.
This version of the Bible (New World Translation) does much, much more than attack the diety of Jesus....it is very very bad !!! :(
It saddens me that this version is for sale right alongside other versions of the Bible at our local bookstores here. And people buy it, not realizing it has been changed a GREAT deal.
A Daughter of the King

" .....Therefore He does much more than we could ever ask for or imagine, according to HIS POWER working in US!"
Ephesians 3:20
:)

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:23 pm

Daughter wrote:
Godschild wrote: Hmmm... This is interesting. This is the Bible used by the Jehovah's Witnesses. And they absolutely do not believe in the diety of Jesus.
This version of the Bible (New World Translation) does much, much more than attack the diety of Jesus....it is very very bad !!! :(
It saddens me that this version is for sale right alongside other versions of the Bible at our local bookstores here. And people buy it, not realizing it has been changed a GREAT deal.
Very sad indeed. It is horrible to see people get mislead by false teachings and things like that. It is not God's will to see His children mislead, deceived, and confused, in fact it probably bothers God a great deal.

I thank God because I feel He is revealing truths to me lately. He helped me to learn recently that there are many "false gospels" out there and "lost books of the Bible" that people try to talk about. In fact, there were some TV shows on I think History Channel or something like that about the "lost gospels" and things like that. But God helped me to realize the Bible we read is fine, because it is infallible, incorrupt, and written guided by the Holy Spirit. Some people may argue that the churches chose what books to be in the Bible, but it was really the Holy Spirit stirring the hearts of early believers. God helped me to understand this, and I feel he put this on my mind and my heart. Followers of Islam and Mormonism for example claim that the Quran and the Book of Mormon is the truth. But the Bible was written way before Muhammed started in the Quran, and the Book of Mormon uses their own teachings and books and theologies. Followers of Islam believe that Allah is their true God and that he did not have a son or any offspring. But we know that Jesus is the Son of God because of the accurate prophecies, evidences, and God's claims about His son, and Jesus's love for the Father, and the tri-une relationship between God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit. God is revealing things and exposing falsehoods. It says in the Bible, "There is nothing concealed that will not be exposed". Praise God! May the love of Jesus Christ be with you all! :idea: :smile: :smile: :smile:

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:58 pm

God is so awesome and wonderful! He also revealed another truth to me last night in my mind and my heart. Earlier yesterday Satan was attacking me with false teachings and myths that life is an illusion and a big dream and all that. Satan just kept attacking me all day with those thoughts and I felt like I was going crazy. I felt awful and confused, but out of nowhere, God just brought this thought to my mind: That teaching is a man-made myth. After that I felt alot better. God is so awesome, even when it seems He isn't there, He hears us and loves us and helps us in tough situations. Amen! Praise God for His Mighty power! God is love, and God's Word is the infallible, undivided, incorruptible truth! To God be the glory and praise! May the love of Jesus be with you all! :smile:

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:59 pm

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:12 pm

I talked to a pastor recently and he said alot of my problem was that I wasn't properly grounded in spiritual warfare. But still, even though it may be warfare, I am still every day bombarded with crazy thoughts in the mind and wrong attitudes in the heart I don't want to feel. Is intense doubt and unbelief a symptom of a false doctrine spirit? It is hard to explain, God has been revealing truths to me lately, so He is helping me to overcome false teaching, but I can't think straight. It is hard for me to reprogram my mind with Scripture, and I have been having alot of doubts and unbelief lately, but I don't want to be this way. I am also very double-minded and want to be restored so badly, but I feel like Satan has poisoned my mind with blasphemous, anti-Christ, ungodly, doubtful thinking. Satan is trying to make me doubt so badly that a few times while praying I got distracted, and now Satan is trying to make me doubt the Holy Spirit and God's existence even though I know He exists and this is a lie. But I cannot get the thoughts out of my mind, and I felt like I was going insane and on the cusp of losing my salvation. I try not to think too much because Satan is trying to attack my thoughts with evil arguments, and my thinking is very distracted and clouded. I know it says man doesn't live on bread alone and I need to be in the Word, but I feel way too overwhelmed and I am having a knot in my stomach out of fear right now thinking I have crossed the line. Should I seek a deliverance?

demoncasterouter
Moderator Staff

Post by demoncasterouter » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:28 pm

Mike, this is Joey. Did you visit with the ministers I referred you to? Email me and let me know what's going on with them.

joey[at]ministeringdeliverance.com
"And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give." THIS is what I was born to do.

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:34 pm

Dear Mike:

Proverbs 3:5 says this:

"Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding." (AMP)

Right in between the two words "Lord" and "with" I want to insert (and His Word).

Remember what James 4:7 says:

So be subject to God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him], and he will flee from you.

Stand firmly against this onslaught and resist the devil. Speak God's word out of your mouth saying "It is written, God did not give to me a spirit of fear, but of love, of power, and a sound mind! It is written, Submit to God, resist the devil and the devil will flee from you. I do not fear you devil. I have God on my side and if God be for me, who can be against me? It is written, "HE WHO dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand]. I dwell in the secret place of the Most High God where I shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almight [Whose power no foe can withstand]. I command you devil to bow to the Name of Jesus according to what is written that every name that is named in Heaven, in the earth, and beneath the earth must bow to the Name of Jesus. I am submitted to God ~not to you! And In Jesus' Mighty Name in which I stand, I resist you and your pathetic attempts to steal my faith in God. I have faith in God, now flee from me. NOW!!! In Jesus Name!!!!!!"

Then, lift up holy hands and praise the Lord. Praise Him at the top of your lungs. Jump up and down, laugh, and run through your house praising the Lord. If anyone around you thinks you are crazy, that's okay. We are a peculiar people anyway. But the devil will think you are really crazy and he will leave you alone.

Do this as often as you need to. And like Jesus you will find that the devil will leave you for a more opportune time.

Now you may be awaiting the services of a minster of deliverance ~or it may be that you cannot get to one for whatever reason. That's okay. Have faith in God and in His Word. Use His Word because He watches over His Word to perform it.

In His Love,
Godschild

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:49 pm

demoncasterouter wrote:Mike, this is Joey. Did you visit with the ministers I referred you to? Email me and let me know what's going on with them.

joey[at]ministeringdeliverance.com
Sent you an e-mail Joey. Thanks for your help brother!

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:48 am

Spiritual Blindness which we see in 2 Corinthians 4, "And even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing. The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God." Satan, is referred to as the "god of this age" and he has the capability to "blind" the "minds" of unbelievers. This passage is a classic example of mind control. Billions in our world are held captive by mind control via the false religions such as Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism, Taoism, animism and other alternative religious sects. Satan keeps humans under mind control by blinding them, spiritually, to the gospel message.

False Teaching which we see in Galatians 3, "You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort? This passage refers to a form of mind control via false teaching. In this case it was the false teaching that the observance of law could bring about righteousness. False teachings inherently possess a spiritual breath of demons that can keep one spellbound.
Can fully relate Rescuer, that's exactly what's going on in my life and I hate it and want to be set free!