Why does God allow some people's lives to be harder

Come join us to discuss the subject of inner healing.<br />
Dissociation (DID/MPD), abuse, emotional wounds, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Lifter

Why does God allow some people's lives to be harder

Post by Lifter » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:17 am

I, like many others, have had this question for a very long time. God gives us all different talents and life circumstances. Some pastors, like the pastor at my church, believes that God elects who gets to go to heaven and is in control of everything.
Anyways, just by observing the world, God doesn't give everybody the same test. Some people seem to have a much more comfortable, easier, and less suffering in life overall compared to some other people. Why do you think God is fine with that and doesn't instead make things more fair by giving everybody the same level of difficulty?
Some people have more assets and a life more representative as being a perfect life compared to other people. This person may possibly be all of the following: Highly intelligent, good looking, never suffer from any sort of mental illness, never suffer from any type of disease, financially secure, born with loving parents, have lots of genuine friends, have a good relationship with their spouse and kids, super athletic, very good with musical instruments, and have naturally very good charisma. Now this person to me, probably has an easier life and easier test compared to most other people. Some people have all sorts of problems but not like this person I just mentioned. Any input would be great. Thanks.

michel67

Post by michel67 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:24 am

I think that is a great question and maybe someone will be able to answer the question better than i can..
Im not sure why some go through more painful, hard and hurtful experiences in life than others do, some seem to go through life with a easy life and few hardships , hurts, trials, etc,,, and others seem to have hurts and hard expereinces right after each other..
I myself, have always felt like Job in the bible, but i never blamed God or let those things keep me down.. I slipped, fell, messed up at a time in life, and took my eyes off of God for awhile, but i always say i still knew God and knew He was in my heart , and it was because of a hard and hurtful life, experiences .
I dont let the hard and hurt and try not to let it get me but rather try to learn from those things and encourage others by them. Many people go through hurt in life, hard time, and if my experiences can help someone else, encourage them, and let them know that despite it all God is still there through it all then perhaps that is why i went through it all and am able to help someone else and let them know that if God held me up through it all then He can them as well.
We try not to look to the negative and hurt in life and focus on them but rather to focus on God and let those things in our life encourage someone else to keep fighting and make it through and not let the enemy keep those things on their mind and in their way of being near God and living for HIm..
I sometimes had felt , 'Why"? Why Me, why did i have to have things happen to me as they did and have and why couldnt i have had a more peaceful, comforting, and positive life . Not sure if that helps at all and is probably not a answer to youre question, it is a good question and would like to see if anyone else can answer and explain why...

Lifter

Post by Lifter » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:34 pm

Thanks for the input. It helps me realize that perhaps God plans to use some people with very horrible lives to help encourage those in the same shoes. Any other replies by anybody else to the question would be greatly appreciated.

michel67

Post by michel67 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Theres not much of anyone on here any more
it would be nice for a moderator or someone with insight on this to answer youre question and give a answer
Last edited by michel67 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

BELIEVER-IN-CHRIST
Moderator Staff

Post by BELIEVER-IN-CHRIST » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Hi Lifter

This is a good question. There are two verses that came to mind when I had read your post and they are as follows:

Isaiah 55:8-9 (KJV)
8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

I don’t think that we can possibly ever know why someone seems to have a better life than others. What we can do is examine our own life and try to the best that we can with it. Sometimes the difficulties in life have spiritual roots and it is in those cases when we get to the root and deal with those issues we can get deliverance in that area of our life.

Matthew 5:44-46 (KJV)
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

Thanks
BIC
"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."

Lifter

Post by Lifter » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:53 am

Thanks for all the input. Any other comments by anybody else would be great.

rjbetty

Post by rjbetty » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:16 pm

I don't know if I can help.

Ohh sorry I'm not sure if I'm in a discerning position to help right now...
Last edited by rjbetty on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nautical999
Moderator Staff

Post by nautical999 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:56 pm

lifter when it comes to assessing why someone has certain things in there life that make things more difficult you have to look at what it is that is more difficult and when the difficulty started. It is proven time and again that Jesus heals. And that Jesus can make all the rough roads turn for His Glory. Whether there be curses that brought trouble or even unforgiveness the root issue needs to be addressed to take the difficulties away and make the road through life much smoother. Although life can be so much better we all will go through things that we must lean on God to get through. If we didnt then there would be no need for Him.
A thousand shall fall at my side and Ten thousand by my right hand

GraceBestowed

Post by GraceBestowed » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:08 am

Sometimes I ask myself this question too. Wouldn't life be easier if I didn't have trial after trial and traumas in my life? Especially because I am sensitive to such things?

But "What good would it do to gain the whole world and lose your soul" and "If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off" .. (sorry I didn't look up the exact scriptures).

Maybe I am one of God's troubled children. But He keeps me somehow through it all and despite it all. I know that it is His strength that keeps me and not anything in myself.

But then I have other times when I realize that I am a tool in God's hand that has been chiseled a certain way and used for certain purposes that perhaps other tools wouldn't be able to do. He uses our experiences to shape us.

Here is a word that God gave me in November 2010:

God is showing me an image of myself as a chisel .. I must maintain my readiness that I am always sharpened so that I may “ensure utter precision”. Chisels are tools of precision. Used only when “no other tool can adequately do the same job”. Prepared and sharpened. With intimate detail and knowledge. In the hands of the carpenter to do a precise job at the proper moment(s).

I trust that God knows what He is doing and will use it all to His good, even if I cannot see it all right now or all the time.

But then I think of how much I have been given, and forgiven, and all I can think of is "to whom much is given, much will be required". Despite my circumstances, I know that I am one to whom much has also been given. How good it is to know the Lord and His mercy and His righteousness.

Lifter

Post by Lifter » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:43 am

Thank you guys for all the replies. It does help a lot to get insight from others.

LUCIANA

EASY LIFE

Post by LUCIANA » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:12 pm

SHALOM , FROM MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE FROM THE PAST AND FROM BEING A CHILD OF ''GOD'', I HAVE LEARNED THAT I HAVE TO LIVE MY LIFE AND FOCUS ON ''MY LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST'' AND NO ONE ELSE, LOOKING BACK THE PEOPLE I KNEW AS A CHILD THAT WERE DOING WELL, ARE ALONE, HAVE NO SEED LEFT ON EARTH, THEIR HOUSES UP FOR SALE OR EMPTY, THEIR RICHES DIDN'T HELP THEM, NOR BEING IN CHURCH OR HAVING FAMILY MEMBER AS PRIESTS, BECAUSE THEIR INTEREST WAS IN GETTING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE IN RICHES AND THEY FORGOT WHO THE GIVER IS** BE AT PEACE AND LOOK AT ''THE LORD'' AND SEE HIS BLESSINGS AND HEALING TOUCH AND PROVISION OVER YOUR LIFE, I HAVE HEARD SO MANY LIFE STORIES, OF PASTORS AND CHURCH PEOPLE AND ITS NOT AS YOU SAY, LIVE A RIGHTEOUS LIFE , WORSHIP ''THE LORD''GIVE HIM PRAISE IN ALL THINGS, FOR HE CARES FOR YOU, AND REMEMBER THESE CHRISTIANS ARE ALSO HUMANS... THE LORD BLESS YOU AND GIVE YOU UNDERSTANDING OF ALL THINGS, IN 'JESUS CHRIST''NAME I PRAY, LOVE L********************