reality

Come join us to discuss the subject of inner healing.<br />
Dissociation (DID/MPD), abuse, emotional wounds, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

journeygirl

reality

Post by journeygirl » Tue May 29, 2012 2:07 pm

I am thankful that I am gaining new insights about my own DID these days one because of a good friend and therapist. I have had to overcome a lot of hurdles, one being denial. I understand that is a big block.
Recently I dreamed something that was so traumatic to me it seemed that I would would get re traumatized just by having it. I think it was more than a dream or something demonic although it was not a nightmare. I believe it was given to me in dream form so that I would be able to handle it. In the experiences here, does that happen to people?

justbeingme

Post by justbeingme » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:53 pm

journeygirl,
I am sorry, I haven't been around for a while and hope that you still check to see if anyone answers.

I was told that when a person reaches a certain age (around 40) the ones holding the memories are getting tired so some things start to slip.
I believe when you are ready to face certain traumas, then God will give them to you in a dream or memory.
Yes, it could be an enemy attack to try to scare you away and keep things hidden but once you are aware of it, then you can ask Jesus to help you face it, ask what the lie is that you are believing, the truth you need to know and how to break any enemy hold that may be attached to it.

If you are working with a good therapist/friend, there are a couple teachings that I have found that work really well. Sozo, Immanuel Approach, and Heart Sync.
journeygirl, remember that you already went thru the things that happened and survived. Jesus was always there... you may not have seen Him at the time, but if you look in the memory, you will find Him.

Father, I ask that you bless journeygirl so that she can always hold on to the faith she needs to work thru the things that happened. I ask in Jesus name
Things will happen, we cannot control those things but we can control our reaction to those things :smile:

journeygirl

Post by journeygirl » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:51 pm

thank you for responding to my question. it seems that you are right about that. and if i follow my dreams, it says a lot about things although dreams are not the main way God does speak to us but one of the ways. i don't want to say that following every dream is the way but only one of his ways. its the way he has spoken to me and it being confirmed by a few people in my life, those that have spoken into my life. i find that healing seems to be a progressive thing with layers upon layers uncovered over a period of time. of course God can do whatever he wants right away but i suppose every person is different. it has taken me years to get to where i am.

thank you justbeingme for reminding me of the fact that I already went through this abuse and survived. sometimes those little things really help a lot when we're trying to place perspective on things.

jg

nautical999
Moderator Staff

Post by nautical999 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:35 am

:wave:
A thousand shall fall at my side and Ten thousand by my right hand

justbeingme

Post by justbeingme » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:03 am

you are very welcome
Things will happen, we cannot control those things but we can control our reaction to those things :smile: