How to get rid of OCD

Come join us to discuss the subject of inner healing.<br />
Dissociation (DID/MPD), abuse, emotional wounds, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Lifter

How to get rid of OCD

Post by Lifter » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:18 am

A few years ago, a deliverance minister who also was addressed as an apostle by a pastor, told me that he could see clouds of confusion coming from my stomach. He told me he could see arrows inside my body and could see webs around me. He told me that I had difficulty concentrating because I had self hate and self condemnation. What he said about difficulty concentrating was true as well as having self hate issues.

Today, I still suffer from ocd but I have to be honest. I did not put 100 percent in reaching out to god and believing in his word about my identity in christ. My question is if what the apostle said was truly from God, if I eliminate self hate and self condemnation by believing in Jesus Christ as savior and believing in what God says about my identity, is it a guarantee that my ocd and anxiety problems will be cured completely without me ever having to take any medication like Zoloft or see a therapist?

Cause if my ocd is caused by my self hate, will removing the cause mean that the spirit of confusion will leave me and I can be free from bondage? I really want to be set free because it is causing me a lot of mental discomfort. I also suffered from a milder form of ocd when I was very young and I didn't hate myself then. Does that mean that perhaps the demons made it worst? Thanks.

nautical999
Moderator Staff

Post by nautical999 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:09 am

lifter. Jesus can and will set you free. He is the healer of the body soul and spirit and wants to set you free from all this confusion, self hatred and ocd. Sometimes we need to just ask Him and other times we need to renounce things and forgive people in order to be set free. God is a good God and loves you. Regardless if in the past you did not put forth 100% Today is today and He still wants to set you free.
In order to find out why this symptom is there you need to go back to the point it started. When did the ocd start and when did the self hatred start? is there any unforgivenss in those areas?
A thousand shall fall at my side and Ten thousand by my right hand

Lifter

Post by Lifter » Sat May 12, 2012 6:19 am

Thanks for your response. I have hated myself for a long period of time. Mostly, I just wished that I was more competent in a worldly sense. I know now that God's word tells me that I am complete in christ and that I am his child, so therefore, I am significant in his eyes. It's just up for me to believe in his word and not just take his words as head knowledge.

I must admit that it is very hard to accept because it just feels to me that if I had a more perfect life, I would be a lot happier. I know I still have a lot of homework left to do and that I can't expect God to do everything for me. I must do my part in trying my best to communicate to him on a daily basis. It's hard because a lot of times I can't feel him at all. But I know the bible says that without faith, it is impossible to please God. I suffer from very bad anxiety issues and worry too much. I used to take Zoloft and Prozac to treat ocd but I didn't feel it had any significant help to me. I have a very hard time knowing whether or not something I worry about is appropriate or an inappropriate worry that is not true.

I believe I know that to get set free, I must truly believe that God loves me and thinks highly of me. I have a very hard time believing what God says about me.

LUCIANA

Post by LUCIANA » Sat May 12, 2012 12:12 pm

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: THE PEACE OF THE HEAVENLY FATHER BE WITH YOU IN JESUS CHRIST THE SON AND OUR SAVIOUR,AND THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, I PRAY.DEAR FRIEND IN 'JESUS OUR SAVIOUR', ASK THE HOLY SPIRIT TO GUIDE YOU AND SHOW YOU WHY YOU FEEL AS YOU DO, AS NAUTICAL SAYS, FORGIVENESS IS A MUST, FORGIVING OTHERS AND OURSELVES TO HAVE PEACE WITH ''GOD'', YES THERE IS FULL RESTORATION AND HEALING ,I CAN SAY THAT IN MY CASE, I KEPT SHOWERING, AND STILL FELT DIRTY, IT STARTED AFTER I MARRIED, I WOULD TAKE 2 TO 3 SHOWERS A DAY, AND STILL HAD A ITCHING SKIN, ECZEMA WAS BLAMED, HAY FEVER , ALLERGIES, UNTIL HUSBAND CONFESSED TO ADULTERY AND FORNICATION AND A PERVERSE SEXUAL PAST, THE MAN I BELIEVED WAS A DECENT AND NICE, WAS ABUSIVE ,DOMINERING, MANIPULATIVE, THE DAY ''THE LORD'' GAVE ME THE STRENGTH TO CONFRONT THE TRUTH,AND LOST MY HUMAN FEAR, I FELT CLEAN, ALSO I HAD DELIVERANCE MINISTRY, NOW I CAN TAKE JUST ONE SHOWER AND FEEL CLEAN, I HAVE NO PYSHICAL CONTACT ,AND I FEEL CLEAN, IF I HAD ANY CONTACT WITH HIM, I WOULD FEEL LIKE BEFORE, AS HE REFUSES TO HAVE DELIVERANCE MINISTRY..FREE YOURSELF FROM WHATS KEEPING YOU BOUND, PRAY AND GET CLOSE TO ''THE LORD'' HE IS WAITING TO HEAL YOU , TRUST HIM, HE DIED FOR YOU AND SHED HIS PRECIOUS BLOOD, AND BY HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED, YOU ARE LOVED AND CHERISHED BY A 'HOLY GOD'',LOVE IN 'JESUS' MIGHTY NAME L.... :wave: :wave: :wave:

Lifter

Post by Lifter » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:32 am

Thanks Luciana for sharing your story and helping me out.