Jesus as man

Come join us to discuss the subject of inner healing.<br />
Dissociation (DID/MPD), abuse, emotional wounds, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

justbeingme

Jesus as man

Post by justbeingme » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:40 pm

I need some advice on helping alts go to Jesus when they are so afraid of Him because He is a man.

I usually am able to talk them into at least meeting Jesus and letting His presence and peace change their minds but there are a couple (from different people) who are so afraid that they will not get close to letting go.

I have tried to explain that He is not like earthly man but since He comes as man, they cannot see any difference.
I have tried to tell them He is more like Spirit but that just scares them because of ghosts.
Quoting Scripture means nothing to them but some like to hear the "stories"

I have one who was starting to get closer. She will let me pray for her and admits she feels peace and has even gone to a place where Jesus is near but it's been over a year now that I have known her and she seems to be going farther away instead of closer lately; won't go to the special place anymore.
She will also keep the core person away from Jesus because of the fear. I know there is a demon keeping her but the Lord has not lead me to cast it out.

So any suggestions on how to make Jesus more Jesus and less man will be appreciated.
thank you
Things will happen, we cannot control those things but we can control our reaction to those things :smile:

nautical999
Moderator Staff

Post by nautical999 » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:58 am

Jesus is the lamb of God and will show up to the altars as a lamb as well as man form. The little ones especially love this and warm up to who Jesus is. sorry so short but i hope that helps. God bless you. :wave:
A thousand shall fall at my side and Ten thousand by my right hand

justbeingme

Post by justbeingme » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:34 am

cool... thank you
Things will happen, we cannot control those things but we can control our reaction to those things :smile:

stillGods

Post by stillGods » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:34 pm

can you ask Jesus to show them who He is Himself because He knows exactly what they need, can you tell them verses like 'a bruised reed he will not break' because scripture does not return void - God will use it to gently break down barriers in us slowly but surely.

i know when God showed up for me for real, Himself, everything in me knew it was Him and that He was trustworthy, so safe, and it was God Himself who ministered to me. He had to show me who He was Himself because I had been so hurt. another person explained and taught me about God but when God Himself showed up it made all the difference.
just keep explaining the truth about who He is from the Bible and the hurt ones will want to come near to Him all by themselves.