Unequally yoked

Come join us to discuss the subject of inner healing.<br />
Dissociation (DID/MPD), abuse, emotional wounds, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

michel67

Unequally yoked

Post by michel67 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:50 am

Wasnt sure where to put this and post
What are the biblical reasons and reasons God allows and understands for divorce ?

I know one reason is adultery. Though if one person in the marraige is not saved, unequally yoked, i would think that would be a reason or God would understand the feelings. I think it would be very difficult for a believer to be married to a unbeliever . Even though living with a unbeliever and if a believer lives as a believer, being a example of God, living as God lived, would do, reading the bible, praying, serving God, having Godly morals and values and praying and hoping the unbeliever in the marriage would change and become a believer though after time and time goes by and they dont and it becomes too difficult for the believer in the marriage to continue .

I am not approving of divorce at all for anyone, i know God is for marriage, i just have and have had a heavy heart on this for a while now and i dont think God is angry at me for my feelings and disapproves of them, i think He understands me and believe He agrees with my feelings .

nautical999
Moderator Staff

Post by nautical999 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:24 am

God hates divorce but he does give people the option for adultery. I have heard some other reasons as well but not biblically backed up. As far as being equally yoked? yes God wants that. However when we get married outside of his will we are married none the less. The reason for being equally yoked are the problems you list. when one is not a believer it could hold the other back and choke them off from where God wants them to be. There are so many verses that tie into this such as a deacon must have his house in order.......If a deacon is married to an unbeliever that unbeliever will stifle the deacons ministry and harm it. That is why a lot of men AND women are not in service in there churches when they want to be. We must shine and bring in our spouses to the flock.
A thousand shall fall at my side and Ten thousand by my right hand

michel67

Post by michel67 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:04 pm

Last edited by michel67 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

BELIEVER-IN-CHRIST
Moderator Staff

Post by BELIEVER-IN-CHRIST » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi Michel

I thought of the following passages when I was reading your post that I wanted to share with you.

Matthew 19:3-9
New King James Version (NKJV)
3 The Pharisees also came to Him, testing Him, and saying to Him, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife for just any reason?”
4 And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made[a]them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?[c] 6 So then, they are no longer two but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let not man separate.”
7 They said to Him, “Why then did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce, and to put her away?”
8 He said to them, “Moses, because of the hardness of your hearts, permitted you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. 9 And I say to you, whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality,[d] and marries another, commits adultery; and whoever marries her who is divorced commits adultery.”

1 Corinthians 7:13-14
New King James Version (NKJV)
13 And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy.

Believer-In-Christ
"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."

michel67

Post by michel67 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:23 pm

i see and i guess i understand

i must seem and come across as such a thoughtless uncaring and insensitive person

i just pray that someday my spouse will stand with God rather than sit, and see God as a real God and know that he is strong and can be strong in leading the home and family with Gods authority , and that he see's someday that spiritual warfare is real and that he can have authority and not be afraid in fighting demons and satan That it takes praying as a family, with youre children, teaching them about God , how to live for God and serve God.

irishstout1

bless you

Post by irishstout1 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:10 pm

Lord you hear her heart touch his oh LORD , bring this family together as for your will father GOD , THAT HE WOULD KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH WOULD SET HIM FREE, IN JESUS NAME AMEN.

michel67

Post by michel67 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:36 pm

thank u irishstout

thats all im asking for and all i want :crying:

BELIEVER-IN-CHRIST
Moderator Staff

Post by BELIEVER-IN-CHRIST » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:39 pm

Hi Michel

I understand where you are coming from. It is not easy being in a marriage where the spiritual authority is fractured in the relationship. I had battled for almost two years with those demons before a genuine change began to happen within our marriage. Just when I was about to give up and say I had enough God stepped in a way that I could not even begin to imagin and began to minister healing into our marriage.

When I was about to give up the Holy Spirit stepped in and began to give me the guidance and instructions I needed to begin to repair what the enemy had tried to destroy in our marriage. I opened a fast and began to pray and the words that I used turned to tears as I began to really pour out what was grieving in my spirit to Father God. Our God is faithful as he touched my husbands heart and began to really work and change it for his glory. Now my husband and I spend time in the word each day together and pray together.

It all happens in God's time and way. Be patient and really trust and lean on God during this time his still voice of instruction. Be encouraged.

In Christ
Believer-In-Christ
"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."

michel67

Post by michel67 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:04 am

Thank u for sharing BELIVER-IN-CHRIST

I am trusting God , as i have been, that my husbund will see God as a real God and to learn to trust Him and let God take over the home and family. My husbund stated today that he is maybe going to go back to church on sunday, going to check into some other churches in our area. Thats a start i guess. I cant blame him , he just hasnt known what to fully do as far as leading the home .

His real dad left his mother when my husbund was about 2 years old, and he grew up without his biological father around, though there was a stepfather but i believe he was a bit hard, and emotionally, and verbally abusive towards my husbunds mother and they later divorced. I think my husbund hadnt learned much about being a father or maybe even husbund , and knowing how to lead, and be strong and confident. He isnt very confident and i need to help him with that. I at times when around my husbund get the thoughts that im not worthwhile, that i dont matter, that i am nothing, that he doesnt care, and i guess satan throws those thought at me and onto me making me feel that way. Alot may have to do with my past and growing up feeling people left me and were not there and me feeling no one cared or i didnt matter and i carry it through now and into marriage.
My boys feel their dad hasnt been there for them, not much, not spending time with them . My middle son even said that the other night to me. With the school problems were having with our son and have been for a couple years my husbund makes the comment that he doesnt want to go to jail or get into trouble for our son not going to school, and i told him he wont get into trouble, the school knows were trying to get him to go and were concerned parents, not just doing nothing, and that my husbund needs to take the focus off of himself and focus on or son and is needs, concerns, feelings and whats going on with him. My son is lacking a father, yes his father provides for him but its more than that, it takes more than that, My son needs his father, needs his father to listen to him, be there for him, and show him hes important, but he doesnt, thats the main problem and issue , and i cant explain that to my husbund, he doesnt understand and take it well. He does think of himself more, and we need to die to ourself and be there for others, help others, and place God and others before ourself. My husbund has told me before he is sorry he only thinks of himself , and he does think of himself, at times , rather than his family, not saying it to be mean but the truth, and he needs to put his focus on God, on God leading the home, and being in the home, him trusting God and that with God he can spiritually lead and fight the enemy.

thank u again

irishstout1

praise

Post by irishstout1 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:24 pm

PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!! THANK YOU LORD!!!!!!!