How do we let God heal emotional wounds from abuse

Come join us to discuss the subject of inner healing.<br />
Dissociation (DID/MPD), abuse, emotional wounds, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

michel67

How do we let God heal emotional wounds from abuse

Post by michel67 » Sat May 29, 2010 1:22 am

I thought i had gotten over and dealt with past sexual abuse, but perhaps not. Things happen and then it brings it back up again and is like a knife hitting you again and putting you back in that place you were at. Such as , i went to the store today and two men in the aisle started hitting, flirting with me, talking to me, and inviting me to a weekend memorial day party, i felt uncomfortable, like i could feel them all over me, looking me over, and it felt as if i was getting raped, even though they were just talking .

I know i have forgiven , or i think i have, the person , a relative, who i lived with for 8 years of what he had done when i was 12, and off and on after, but it still seems to linger on . I know i dont like him , and somewhat detest him, will always feel uneasy being around him, which im not anymore, i rarely ever see him anymore . He never said sorry, apologized, not that i remember . And i guess the thing that makes it seem worse is he was, is , a deacon in church, we went every sunday, wed's, church was like second home, and he acted as if nothing was happening to everyone, of course he wouldnt say anything and i never did till i left their home when i was 18.

So , is it something that just always stays with someone, throughout life, or do we let God carry it and take the feelings, feeling of badness, confusion, hurt, away, and it goes away with HIm? I know He is there to carry our burdens, hurts, problems, and we are not suppossed to dwell on them? let them control our lives or keep us held down from feeling and having a life of inner rest and emotional healing .

I dont want to keep remembering, living it, and letting it hold me down,
that part is gone, done with, and i want it to stay gone so i dont remember like im a lost little girl still feeling bad and confused.

pinetree

Post by pinetree » Sun May 30, 2010 5:57 pm

There is a great techniqe called "theophostic prayer" that helps heal memories. Basically, you find a painful memory and invite Jesus into it.

For instance, a woman might have a bad memory about being abused. WHen Jesus is invinted into this memory He might say, "It was not your fault, the one who abused is has the problem". Then the person experiences peace everytime they go back to this memory.

The technique is somewhat difficult because you have to get down to the core lie the you believed. The core lie in the memory above might be."It was all my fault" or "I am bad" or "I am unloveable".

Call around some christian counselors and ask them if the know theophostic prayer. If they say yes, I'd make the appointment.

There is also a deliverance book that you might want to read. It's "Biblical Healing and Deliverance" by Chester and besty Kylstra. In thier book the use a very similar methods as theophostic and claim that it heals memories.
"For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost." Luke 19:10

BELIEVER-IN-CHRIST
Moderator Staff

Post by BELIEVER-IN-CHRIST » Mon May 31, 2010 3:29 pm

Dear Michele

I am real sorry to hear about your past sexual abuse and want to assure you that you can have a healing from those experiences that is real and last’s. I share this based on my own life experience.

There are many techniques out there and pine tree has shared one with you that I use personally when I minister. Theophostic counseling does help to heal the pain from the memory as the Holy Spirit is there guiding you each step of the way as you pray.

The memory will be there but the pain associated from that memory will be removed. You will even look to your abuser with compassion, knowing that it was the demon’s within the person that manipulated there decisions and actions over that experience. Our God does heal, but the demon’s and evil spirit’s associated with that act still need to be cast out during the process.

Hang in there as healing can take place that is complete and real in your life.

In Christ
Believer-In-Christ
"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."

michel67

Post by michel67 » Mon May 31, 2010 5:25 pm

I hear you, its been 25 years since ive lived with them so i just need to forget it all and not worry about it , just certain situations and things bring it back up again and brings it back into thoughts, making me feel uncomfortable like i'm a kid again back in the situation or something. I have never or dont put my thought into remembering it or thinking about it. Its probably all no big deal and no reason for letting it back into my thoughts.l

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Mon May 31, 2010 5:27 pm

BELIEVER-IN-CHRIST wrote:Dear Michele

I am real sorry to hear about your past sexual abuse and want to assure you that you can have a healing from those experiences that is real and last’s. I share this based on my own life experience.

There are many techniques out there and pine tree has shared one with you that I use personally when I minister. Theophostic counseling does help to heal the pain from the memory as the Holy Spirit is there guiding you each step of the way as you pray.

The memory will be there but the pain associated from that memory will be removed. You will even look to your abuser with compassion, knowing that it was the demon’s within the person that manipulated there decisions and actions over that experience. Our God does heal, but the demon’s and evil spirit’s associated with that act still need to be cast out during the process.

Hang in there as healing can take place that is complete and real in your life.

In Christ
Believer-In-Christ
:clapping:
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

dorcus247

How do we let God heal emoional abuse

Post by dorcus247 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:27 am

Hi Michele,

I was in my middle twenties when something jogged my subconscious memory of abuse that had happened in my child hood. It has taken me many years to get the deliverance and finally someone who was faithful to help me deal with the DID. I had never heard of it before finding this forum,
every time I was led to go back to those memories to forgive those who has abused me, Jesus would always appear on the scene in my thoughts
without me even thinking about Him being there and He would take this broken little child up in His arms and hold me and take me away to a safe place that I had created in my mind. It was so real and I still get emotional when I remember those precious times with Him. But after a while I finally
became whole in mind and emotions.
I seldom ever think about those memories but there is no emotion
tied to it when I do. After so many years , I am now focusing on who I am in Christ and trying to walk in it every day. There are so many benefits in following Christ. It blows my natural mind to think that I am a joint heir with Jesus and He was given everything.
dorcus247

michel67

Post by michel67 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:34 am

thanks dorcus,,

i dont dwell on those things or think about them, i actually never told anyone until i was in college, then my friend told the head of student affairs and since it was a baptist college he wanted to talk to me about it. its just certain situations or surroundings that bring it back to me, making me feel uncomfortable,, and even being married for 19 years i have difficulty with feeling comfortable around and with my spouse.

i know God has to take the memories and keep them, rather than me keeping them, and still feeling them.