the unpordanable sin

Come join us to discuss the subject of inner healing.<br />
Dissociation (DID/MPD), abuse, emotional wounds, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Psalm37:4

Post by Psalm37:4 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:33 pm

Godschild wrote:Hi Tumza :wave:

I want to caution you here about "feelings". Most often, what we feel and what is are two entirely different things. What is is the Word of God and what we have to learn to do is to bring our feelings and thoughts in line behind the Word of God. Often our feelings and thoughts are at odds with The Word of God. The fact is that the enemy comes at us through our feelings and our thoughts. He comes at us through circumstances; i.e., what we experience in life and what we see ~or think we see. The fact is God gives us free will and he also tells us to choose. As I walk out the walk of faith in my own life, I am learning more and more that faith and trust in God is not a feeling, it is a choice and it is a deliberate choice we must make regardless of what we may feel, think, or see. Often as we walk through trials and tribulations the enemy will magnify the circumstances in our lives so that it is hard for us to see God in the circumstance. We go through storms in our lives. Picture yourself walking through a heavy rain storm. The wind is howling and the rain is pouring down. The wind is blowing grit and rain into your eyes, making it hard for you to see. But even in the face of this rain storm you have made a marked decision to get to where you are going. You may run from shelter to shelter. But, somehow, you make it to your destination even though you can barely see where you are going. Faith and trust in God and in His Word is a lot like that.

It is hard to have faith in and trust something/someone we cannot see. We cannot see God with our physical eye, but we absolutely must make a clear and deliberate decision to trust Him and to have faith in Him and His Word. And we have to make a clear and deliberate decision not to waiver in that trust and faith no matter what we feel, what we think, or what we see or think we see, and even in the face of what we are told. We have to remember that GOD is GOD and He is BIGGER than anything and everything that comes against us. We have to know what God says about the matter, what His Word says about the matter.

This is where reading and studying the Word of God comes in. It is through reading and studying the Word of God that we get to know Him and learn to trust Him. I used to wonder what was the purpose of the Old Testament (OT) in the Bible when I had the New Testament (NT), understanding that the NT is for today and that the OT dealt primarily with yesterday. Well, among other things, the OT shows us WHO God is and it teaches us about His faithfulness toward us. Reading the OT is just as important as reading the NT, because getting to know God helps to strengthen our faith and trust in Him.

We walk by faith not by sight. (2 Cor. 5:7)

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. (Psalm 105:7)

We don't need a lamp and a light if the path is already lighted. We would not need faith if we could trust our feelings, or even what we see. We need His Word to guide us.

Scripture says this about His Word:

"...for You have exalted above all else Your name and Your word and You have magnified Your word above all Your name!" (Psalm 138:2)

This shows you how important it is to know The Word of God...

But again, you have to just make that quality, deliberate decision ~that clear cut choice~ to trust Him and His Word and have faith in Him and His Word. When we do that ~and tell Him so, He helps us even with that.

Hope this helps you...

In His Love,
Godschild :wave:
Isaiah 61:1 ."The Spirit of the Lord has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound."

Psalm37:4

Post by Psalm37:4 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:37 pm

Very well written!!! We cannot base anything on "feelings" but EVERYTHING on the Word of God. I have struggled with this myself when I don't "feel" the presence of God during prayer, reading etc. There will be times when you feel Him and times when you won't. It doesn't mean anything. The Promises of God contained in His Word means EVERYTHING!!! God Bless!!!
Isaiah 61:1 ."The Spirit of the Lord has anointed Me to preach good tidings to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, And the opening of the prison to those who are bound."