the unpordanable sin

Come join us to discuss the subject of inner healing.<br />
Dissociation (DID/MPD), abuse, emotional wounds, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

RichVA
Moderator Staff

Post by RichVA » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:46 am

Hi Mike, it doesn't sound to me like you have a cold, hard heart to the Lord - you care about your salvation.

Where are these thoughts coming from? You or the enemy? Hmm, Satan is the great deceiver isn't he? It seems like this is a great way to get a believer all tangled up and mis-focused.

I believe that you have a gift for evangelism. If I can see a gift in you can't Satan? So how would he throw someone off the path that God would have them on? Hmm, let's check the playbook on how to distract Christian's - let's throw out the oldie but goodie - the unpardonable sin!

My advice is to keep your focus on God, God and God and maybe some more God. Seek Him in His Word. Seek out the annointed here on this board.

Have you read this teaching about the unpardonable sin?: http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/unpardonable_sin.php

FYI, I have worked with 70-75 people in the past year and no one I have dealt with is even in the same zip code as the unpardonable sin - and that includes you!

-your brother in Christ, Rich
Isaiah 61:1 "He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound..."

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:53 am

MikeV60 wrote:I am very worried that I may have committed the unpardonable sin.

Quote found on internet:

"If one's conscience is bothering him to the point that he feels he is too guilty for God to forgive, he has the assurance of God's Word that forgiveness is possible. The very fact that he is bothered by his sinfulness shows that the Holy Spirit has not abandoned him nor has God given him over to a depraved mind."

Om His Love :wave:
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:13 am

Feel better today! My aunt and grandmother, who are both in Christ, prayed with me today, and I felt a considerable release from whatever was attacking my mind. I am not fully there yet though. I still pray that God will reveal everything in the open at His perfect timing. After they prayed with me, I went into the bathroom and prayed that God would bring forth any spirits that were entrenched deep in my soul (because this started out of false doctrine). I started to gag and kind of spit a little, but I'm not sure if it came out fully. I pray for full restoration of my mind and emotions, brain, soul, spirit, feelings, thoughts, etc. in Jesus's name, and that all doubt, unbelief, deception, lies, blasphemous thoughts, compulsion, emotional bondage, fear, anxiety, and confusion would be released from me. I also pray that God would bring forth any demons/evil spirits that may be remaining in me if there is anything deep in my soul nature that is kind of hidden in any way. In addition, I pray that I will read God's Word diligently and meditate on it day and night, and pray without ceasing, and that He would fully humble me and that I would revere and be in total awe of Him, and that God would use me to encourage and help those who are hurting right now, or who are in similar situations to what I'm going through and that I could be of inspiration. I am in need of inner healing and restoration-spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. I thank you guys for your help! God bless you my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ!

PS: Please also pray for our dear friends Tumza and Lee as they are going through similar situations, and that they would be healed/delivered, and that God would point them to a Bible-based deliverance ministry or deliverance. God bless!

Mike
"Anyone who is in Christ is a new creation; the old is gone, the new has come!"- 2 Corinthians 5:17

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:33 pm

Something strange has been happening when I'm praying lately. When I try to pour out my heart to God and pray, I have been having this like gagging feeling every time I try to do so. I think something is going on that is stirring up or something like that. I don't know what it is, nor can I identify it, but God knows whatever it is, and He will bring it forth by the Holy Spirit and His perfect timing. I pray that God would reveal to me whatever this is by the Holy Spirit. God bless you guys!
"Anyone who is in Christ is a new creation; the old is gone, the new has come!"- 2 Corinthians 5:17

nautical999
Moderator Staff

Post by nautical999 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:31 am

hey mike i would say that it could be a demon trying to leave. i would pray that the Lord cut any ties to anything he has inside of your body and any cords wrapped around anything inside of you and then command this demon out in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
A thousand shall fall at my side and Ten thousand by my right hand

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:12 pm

nautical999 wrote:hey mike i would say that it could be a demon trying to leave. i would pray that the Lord cut any ties to anything he has inside of your body and any cords wrapped around anything inside of you and then command this demon out in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.
I am praying God will reveal it. Many "symptoms" left me through prayer the other night, but this gagging feeling is definitely not from God. I feel like the root is still there in my mind and it needs to come out! Whatever it is is deeply entrenched in my soul nature. My mind, emotions, and will are compulsively thinking and feeling things I don't want to feel/think. There is alot of deception that is trying to pollute me, even though I know and fully believe God's Word is the truth. I pray that God will fully restore my mind, soul, spirit, emotions, and thoughts, feelings, will, etc. I want to love and serve God with all my heart! I pray that God will strengthen me in this fight, and that I could be fully delivered. It has been so hard just to try to find a deliverance minister in person, it is very frustrating. I need to find one because it is getting bad, and it is overwhelming. I want to be fully restored in Christ again and serve Him! Every time I try to remember the sound truth of God's Word, my mind and heart are not fully receiving it though I want to.

The gagging is weird too, I feel it when I try to pray and pour out my heart to God in prayer. I pray God will reveal whatever this is, whether it be a demon or whatever. The frustrating thing is my emotions and mind are not fully restored yet, and I want to receive the Holy Spirit's conviction and guidance. I don't want to be apart from God! God bless you guys, and may the love of Jesus Christ be upon you!

Mike V.

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:37 pm

The spiritual battle I've been in for 7 months is getting intense. I thank God because He is helping me greatly as I'm getting into His Word and tearing down strongholds and taking down Satan's flaming arrows. I also feel God is encouraging me through His Word, and through people, etc. So there is hope, when God is in control, we know we will have the victory! I am hoping that God will deliver me and bring me through this torment, and that I can come out of this and help others who are going through struggles. I have been reading some great spiritual warfare books lately too, like "Demons Are Subject to Us" by Isidore Agoha, "The Bondage Breaker" by Neil T. Anderson, and "Divine Revelation of Deliverance" by Mary K. Baxter.

I noticed the more I'm getting into the Word, the worse the attacks get. The last 2-3 weeks I have been having a gagging sensation while trying to pray, and because of this I have been coughing and spitting alot, and I even have a hoarse voice right now. My emotions and facial expressions have been bound up, though I don't want it to be this way, and I can't identify what this is. It is frustrating, because I want to rid from my mind any thoughts that are ungodly in any way, but because I'm so bound up, it is certainly not easy. I am asking God to reveal it. Also, I am still getting attacked with ungodly thoughts I don't want to have. God's Word is powerful though, and His Word is truly sharper than double-edged sword, as it says in God's Word.

I am still hoping to meet with a deliverance minister. I know we have authority over demons and evil spirits and cast them out ourselves, but I can't figure out what this is. I would like to really meet with someone who understands this and can maybe help me out. God will reveal this by the Holy Spirit

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:08 pm

This may sound redundant with my postings here all the time about this, but again I am deathly afraid I may have committed the unpardonable sin. I have been having thoughts/attitudes/feelings that I don't want to have that are not from God. Last night I had a blasphemous thought against Jesus and the Holy Spirit and about compromising my walk with Him, and I don't even want to think those thoughts, I want to be right with the Lord again!

It is so crazy. The last 4 days God has been helping me so much through His Word. But there are still so many strongholds to be torn down yet, and attitudes/thoughts/defense mechanisms that need to be restored through God's Word. My emotions are not fully there yet, like I feel really dry spiritually and distant, disconnected from God. I have been repenting of every known sin I could, and I got no sleep last night. I long to feel the Holy Spirit's conviction in my life and to love God with all my heart and soul and mind and strength, and in love and truth. I feel so distant right now from God's love. I have asked all night that God would put on my heart any sins that I may have committed or am stubborn to. I am also asking God if maybe these thoughts/feelings/attitudes are compulsed, because then again I don't want to feel or think this way at all! But I don't want to rationalize either- I want to be honest. If these are my thoughts, I ask God that He would expose and convict me and lay my sins bare. I know God's Word says we are forgiven if we just confess our sins to Him, and that every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men except the unpardonable sin (blasphemy of the Holy Spirit). But I feel so dry and disconnected to Him, and with all the thoughts/feelings/attitudes I'm having, I feel as if I'm doing this. I just want to be flooded with God's presence and love Him with all my heart, and grieve over my sins in tears! I long for the conviction of the Holy Spirit and for that intimacy with Jesus. I feel so unworthy and beyond His love because of the way I've been. I know God is loving, but I can't explain why I feel this way.

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi Mike:

The main thing I want to caution you about is going with your thoughts and your feelings. Our mind and our emotions are the areas that the devil uses to attack us through and to deceive us through. Just because you are having these thoughts does not mean that these are your thoughts. The devil injects thoughts into our minds and because it is "our" mind we automatically think that the thoughts are ours. They are not. The devil is telling you what he thinks about your position in Christ. These are his words and his thoughts not yours. He does the same thing with our emotions. Remember that Paul, in his Epistle to the Galatians 5:17 teaches us this:

"For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish." (NKJV)

Trust God Mike. Have faith in Him and in His Word. Know that God sends forth His Word and it does not return to Him empty or void, but it does those things that it is sent out to do and that He watches over His Word to perform. Have faith in God and in the strength of His Word and His love.

Remember also that the enemy uses fear to try to get you to focus on everything but God and the truth of His Word.

We walk by faith and not by sight (or thoughts or feelings). So have faith in God. Be a doer of the Word even as you hear/read it.

"For though we walk (live) in the flesh, we are not carrying on our warfare according to the flesh and using mere human weapons. For the weapons of our warfare are not physical [weapons of flesh and blood], but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds, [Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One)" (2 Corinthians 10:3-5 AMP)

"So be subject to God. Resist the devil [stand firm against him], and he will flee from you." (James 4:7 AMP)

"In conclusion, be strong in the Lord [be empowered through your union with Him]; draw your strength from Him [that strength which His boundless might provides]. Put on God's whole armor [the armor of a heavy-armed soldier which God supplies], that you may be able successfully to stand up against [all] the strategies and the deceits of the devil. For we are not wrestling with flesh and blood [contending only with physical opponents], but against the despotisms, against the powers, against [the master spirits who are] the world rulers of this present darkness, against the spirit forces of wickedness in the heavenly (supernatural) sphere. Therefore put on God's complete armor, that you may be able to resist and stand your ground on the evil day [of danger], and, having done all [the crisis demands], to stand [firmly in your place]. Stand therefore [hold your ground], having tightened the belt of truth around your loins and having put on the breastplate of integrity and of moral rectitude and right standing with God, and having shod your feet in preparation [to face the enemy with the firm-footed stability, the promptness, and the readiness produced by the good news] of the Gospel of peace. Lift up over all the [covering] shield of saving faith, upon which you can quench all the flaming missiles of the wicked [one]. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword that the Spirit wields, which is the Word of God. Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance..." (Ephesians 6:10-18)

Do not listen to ANYTHING the devil puts in your head or on your heart. Any thought ~ANY thought, or emotion (feeling)~ that does not line up with the Word of God is to be cast down and taken captive.

Finally, stop concentrating so much on what you are "feeling" or what you want to feel. We do not necessarily "feel" God or His Presence. We have Him and His Presence by faith, not by thought or feeling. As for the conviction of the Holy Spirit is concerned, you have already experienced this. It is because of this that you have turned back to God and repented. You do not need to seek this.

Stop trying to "feel" something. Instead get into the Bible. Learn the Scriptures, learn about God and His faithfulness. It is through the reading and study of the Old Testament that we learn of His faithfulness. And it is through the reading and study of the New Testament that we learn faith.

In His Love,
Godschild
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:42 pm

Mike:

This came in my email this morning and I thought of you as I was reading it. I am posting here because I believe it will be of help to you.

In His Love,
Godschild
by Neil Anderson
March 14

GOD WORKS IN THE ORDINARY

Hebrews 13:5
He [God] Himself has said, "I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you"

A devout Christian heard an urgent news report on his radio that a flash flood was within minutes of entering the peaceful valley where he lived. Immediately he went to his knees and prayed for safety. The words were still on his lips when he became aware that water was gushing under his door. He retreated to the second floor and finally onto the roof of his house.

While he sat on the roof, a helicopter flew by and the pilot asked over the loudspeaker if they could lift him off. "It's not necessary since I have the Lord's protection," he replied.

Moments later the house began to break up and he found himself clinging to a tree. A police boat, braving the waters, approached him for rescue, but he assured them that the Lord would save him. Finally, the tree gave way and the man went to his death.

Standing before the Lord, he asked, "Lord, I'm glad to be here, but why didn't You answer my prayer for safety?"

The Lord responded, "Son, I told you over the radio to get out of there Then I sent you a helicopter and a motor boat!"

Nowhere in the Bible are we given the idea that God works only in the extraordinary. Much of the time He supernaturally works through His created order. Many people think God is present only when there is a miracle and that He leads only through signs and wonders.

There are people who always look for a sign. They walk by sight, not by faith. To them, God is only present in the miraculous. God was "really" at the church service if something unusual happened. Many desire and look for "visitations" from God.

But how does that square with God's omnipresence and the fact that He will never leave us or forsake us? Isn't God at every church service? Since God created the fixed order of the universe, would you expect Him to work primarily within that fixed order or outside of it? If God gave us a watch, would we be honoring Him more by asking Him what time it is or by simply consulting the watch?

Prayer:

Lord, forgive me for looking for signs when I only need to trust Your Word and live by Your promises.

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:10 am

Godschild wrote:Mike:

This came in my email this morning and I thought of you as I was reading it. I am posting here because I believe it will be of help to you.

In His Love,
Godschild
by Neil Anderson
March 14

GOD WORKS IN THE ORDINARY

Hebrews 13:5
He [God] Himself has said, "I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you"

A devout Christian heard an urgent news report on his radio that a flash flood was within minutes of entering the peaceful valley where he lived. Immediately he went to his knees and prayed for safety. The words were still on his lips when he became aware that water was gushing under his door. He retreated to the second floor and finally onto the roof of his house.

While he sat on the roof, a helicopter flew by and the pilot asked over the loudspeaker if they could lift him off. "It's not necessary since I have the Lord's protection," he replied.

Moments later the house began to break up and he found himself clinging to a tree. A police boat, braving the waters, approached him for rescue, but he assured them that the Lord would save him. Finally, the tree gave way and the man went to his death.

Standing before the Lord, he asked, "Lord, I'm glad to be here, but why didn't You answer my prayer for safety?"

The Lord responded, "Son, I told you over the radio to get out of there Then I sent you a helicopter and a motor boat!"

Nowhere in the Bible are we given the idea that God works only in the extraordinary. Much of the time He supernaturally works through His created order. Many people think God is present only when there is a miracle and that He leads only through signs and wonders.

There are people who always look for a sign. They walk by sight, not by faith. To them, God is only present in the miraculous. God was "really" at the church service if something unusual happened. Many desire and look for "visitations" from God.

But how does that square with God's omnipresence and the fact that He will never leave us or forsake us? Isn't God at every church service? Since God created the fixed order of the universe, would you expect Him to work primarily within that fixed order or outside of it? If God gave us a watch, would we be honoring Him more by asking Him what time it is or by simply consulting the watch?

Prayer:

Lord, forgive me for looking for signs when I only need to trust Your Word and live by Your promises.
Wow, awesome Godschild! Thank you so much friend, I needed to hear that! I can so relate! haha Thanks so much, I really needed to hear that! I need to learn how to trust in God's Word and not in my feelings, so true, I realize how wrong I am for not walking by faith and instad, sight. What a blessing to hear! Thank you! God bless! :smile:

Mike

RichVA
Moderator Staff

Post by RichVA » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:17 pm

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

(that's me plus 3 clapping)
Isaiah 61:1 "He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound..."

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:03 pm

Interesting you mention Neil T. Anderson. I recently bought a book by him called "The Bondage Breaker", and it pertains to spiritual warfare and inner healing/restoration, and recovering from bondage in Christ. He uses Scriptural backing and provides some really cool insight. There was one page that talked about the true nature of God's love, and how many people incorrectly perceive God as a cruel taskmaster instead of the true, loving God He really is. I was in tears one night reading it, really good read! I have been struggling with compulsive blasphemous thoughts/attitudes, and to know God still loves me through all of this chaos was so wonderful. God bless!

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:37 pm

God is helping me out each day. It has been a fight and a learning process through much trial and error, but He is bringing me through and the Bible says that God allows all things to work together for our good. I am still struggling with compulsive, blasphemous racing thoughts, and irrational feelings and attitudes that are not from God, but I am trying to ignore those crazy thoughts and submit to what God's Word says. I believe that God is teaching me to walk by faith and not by sight. I hate the thoughts I am having so badly and long for peace, love, and a sound mind in Christ! Sometimes the mental overload seems like too much! But God is faithful and He is still helping me through this chaos. Some good things are that God is helping me more and more to overcome doubt, anxiety, fear, and confusion. I get attacked alot with these horrible compulsive thoughts and feelings, and I have been having some insane thoughts of late that are not from God! But the Lord Jesus Christ is faithful, and I am confident He will bring me through. Not that any of this is good in any way, but I pray that God would shape and mold and rebuke me the way He wants me to be so I can come out of this a mature work in Christ. God bless you guys, thank you for your help! May the Lord Jesus Christ be with you and bless you all!

Mike V.

MikeV60

Post by MikeV60 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:45 pm

Been tormented with this. I thank God because I feel He revealed to me by the Holy Spirit through prayer one day with some people that the compulsive thoughts and attitudes are not my own. I hate these blasphemous thoughts and feelings! Of late, I feel Satan is trying to compulsively force me to doubt God and His Word, and the truthfulness of His Word. Every time I try to meditate on God's Word and His truth, my mind gets blocked from receiving it. I thank God though, because through His Word we can overcome all doubt and confusion!! I know we need to keep fighting though. It is frustrating because when I try to come back against these thoughts with Scripture, my mind goes on like blockage mode and my mind and heart won't receive it though I really want to so badly. It is insane. Last week I was feeling faint physical pains in my lower stomach region from trying to read the Word amidst all the noise and clouding in my mind. I know we shouldn't strain the Word of God, it is the Holy Spirit who draws us and illuminates our minds to understand the Word of God. I feel God is trying to teach me that, but I don't want to give Satan a foothold and entertain these thoughts, and the Bible says we need to fight. I believe God will bring me through though. It has been crazy, I have been compulsively forced to doubt and having compulsive, blasphemous thoughts and everything. One thing I feel Satan is trying to force me to do is think thoughts about false doctrine, and I hate those thoughts. I just try to remember the Scripture where Jesus says "You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free". It is really because of God's Word I have been sustained all this time, because it is harrowing. One passage of Scripture that inspired me was when Paul and Silas were singing hymns in prison in the New Testament, I think it's the Book of Acts, please forgive me if I'm wrong. They were imprisoned in a cramped, uncomfortable prison cell, but they still praised and worshipped the Lord. I am in a prison right now of spiritual attack, confusion, and mental torment, but the Lord Jesus Christ will break our chains! I like to sleep at night with some good Christian music on and with th Bible in my bed. There is alot of great Christian music out there, and when we sing praises to the Lord even amidst the chaos, man does that agitate the devil and tick him off! Praise the Lord!!! :clapping:

One thing I noticed is that these compulsive thoughts intensify when I'm in church and trying to worship. Like for example, I will try to listen to the sermon and worship and I will get the compulsive thoughts and rebellious attitudes, and I hate these thoughts so badly. It is tough, there have been many sleepless nights and I even have to take prescriptions for anxiety just to relax from all the mental compulsion. Even the pills don't fully relax me! But the Lord our God is faithful throughout all, and I believe and know He will bring me through. I long to have a sound mind and love and peace in my heart and an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ that is imbedded in a rocklike foundation of faith that doesn't waver or doubt, and trusts wholeheartedly with all my heart and soul and mind and strength in the Lord. Thank you for your help everyone, God bless! May the love of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ be with you!
:smile: :smile:
Mike