Dreams And Alters

Come join us to discuss the subject of inner healing.<br />
Dissociation (DID/MPD), abuse, emotional wounds, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

RevSteve

Dreams And Alters

Post by RevSteve » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:43 am

I have a question that I'm not even sure if I can ask correctly. I've already learned a lot about alters here, but I am wondering if alters are in our dreams. For example, if "I" am in my dreams, is it always my core me, or is it possible that the "me" in my dreams could be an alter - assuming I had one.

I hope that made sense.
My faith is in Christ - not in my faith.

mike3
Moderator Staff

Re: Dreams And Alters

Post by mike3 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:02 pm

RevSteve wrote:

I have a question that I'm not even sure if I can ask correctly. I've already learned a lot about alters here, but I am wondering if alters are in our dreams. For example, if "I" am in my dreams, is it always my core me, or is it possible that the "me" in my dreams could be an alter - assuming I had one.

I hope that made sense.
Rev,

If you are interested in Dream interpretation John Paul Jackson has a website you should look at. He discusses the who, the color, the number and many other parts of a dream.

You know that the Almighty speaks to us through dreams. I am not well versed in dreams enought to comment but I can say that there is a difference between one participating in the action of a dream and observing the action in a dream.

Also ask God to give you the interpretation. I've done that with awesome results. Please know that...It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.
Proverbs 25:1-3

Regarding alters in a dream I can't say. I dream of me participating and me watching. I can't help you there. John Paul Jackson is very interesting.
He has relocated to Texas by the way.

Blessings to you,

Mike
Jesus is our Liberator! Trust Him to set you Free!

RevSteve

Post by RevSteve » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:39 pm

Thanks Mike. It is not so much that I am into dream interpretation, just that with all the talk here about alters I want to learn as much as I can about them. I just thought someone here might have some insight to give me on that specifically.
My faith is in Christ - not in my faith.