For those who don't understanding disassociation

Come join us to discuss the subject of inner healing.<br />
Dissociation (DID/MPD), abuse, emotional wounds, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Robert L

For those who don't understanding disassociation

Post by Robert L » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:47 pm

Good morning!

I just wanted to give you all a brief understanding of what this is all about. I know that it is heavy and hard to understand for many. At first, I did not believe in alters whatsoever! Then the Lord has shown me that alters and disassociation is real and is a concern. Many people have certain parts of their lives locked up and cannot remember a thing that's happened... this is because that part of their mind has been separated from the rest of them. It is a gift from God to be able to disassociate, because otherwise many of these people would have already committed suicide, had they had to cope with all the pain.

What causes disassociation? Many times it's trauma or abuse. SRA (Satanic Ritual Abuse) is well known to cause severe disassociation. A Satanist may kidnap a young boy and force him to do unimaginable and gruesome acts such as killing his brother or sister and sacrificing them to Satan. How can such a person cope with the pain of going through something like this? Often what happens is that a part of their mind separates from the rest of their mind so that the rest of the person can go on with life. That is why there are alters, or parts which can contain a lot of hurtful and painful memories from trauma and abuse.

In other words, a part of the person reaches out and takes the pain/trauma/hurt and encapsulates it, or locks it away from the rest of the person's mind. That is why when you access an alter, they can often tell you a lot about what happened while the core person knows nothing about it!

Demons vs alters: A demon is there to torment and ruin the person's life, while an alter is there to help the person cope and survive the pain of their abuse or trauma.

Demons will not love and willfully submit to the Lordship of Christ Jesus... alters will! The Bible tells us that any spirit which confesses the Lord Jesus has come in the flesh is of God:

1 John 4:2-3 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

When you're dealing with a demon, it's different than when you are dealing with an alter. An experienced deliverance minister who works with alters will testify to this. Alters are usually concerned and care about the core person, while demons are there to sabotage and destroy.

Yes, demons can try to deceive you into thinking they are alters, but with discernment we can have a better idea of when this is happening.

Ministers who don't understand disassociation can only take these hurting people so far and then they hit a wall and cannot go further. That is why it is vital for those of us in this ministry, to understand disassociation and be prepared to minister freedom to these hurting people.

As a matter of fact, ministers who refuse to accept the reality of alters are often sending cases of disassociation away more hurt and bound then they came... they are traumatizing the alters thinking they are demons and treating them like demons! Ask Bob Larson and his team of DWJD (doing what Jesus did) groups... they get cases all the time that other ministers have given up on, because there's disassociation involved and the other ministers are incapable of helping such individuals!

Concerning the recent surge of alters posting here, I believe these are with people/persons whom our brother Jay has been working with. It is wonderful when alters come to the surface and seek help... this is a refreshing sign of hope when your ministering to somebody who has been through SRA or severe abuse.

I have some friends who have disassociated. It is a very real and genuine problem that knowledgeable ministers of deliverance are able to help when nobody else can.

* * * New teaching just published on disassociation 3/31/08 * * *

A long-overdue teaching on disassociation has just been published over on GreatBibleStudy.com

www.greatbiblestudy.com/dissociative_id ... sorder.php

Blessings in Christ! :wave:

Robert
Last edited by Robert L on Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Religion brings outward conformity; relationship transforms the heart.
It was the religious folks who hated and murdered the Son of God.
Is it not rightly said that religion is Satan's version of Christianity?

X

Post by X » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:44 am

Last edited by X on Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rescuer
Moderator Staff

Post by Rescuer » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:30 pm

:wave: Hi, X,

Have you met with anyone regarding this? Someone to minister to you in the love of Jesus? We are here to help and care as we do care.
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves..."

X

Post by X » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:54 am

too lost right now. :crying:

mike3
Moderator Staff

Healing

Post by mike3 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:12 pm

X,

God Bless you and Keep, you sweet child.

Did you know that X is a Christian symbol for Christ? You may choose X to express a feeling of namelessness or unimportance but the Most High Jesus the Christ (the Anointed One) knows you! He knows X. He loves X!

He loves you and calls to you for your healing! He knows your name and loves you. You are not unknown, you are not lost or without hope. Jesus cares for you and loves you. You will have the opportunity to meet closely with Him.

Read about Him on the Great Bible Study . com

God Bring you hope and reveal His love to you in Jesus' Name!

Mike
Jesus is our Liberator! Trust Him to set you Free!

Elshevia

A Welcome.

Post by Elshevia » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:26 pm

Dear X, I to am new here, seeking, and praise to God I am finding things I never knew existed, Almighty God is in this forum, I have been seeking for this place for 3 years, and I found it through an another forum, you will be loved in this place, by everyone, so I ask you to take heart and be yourself, you will not shock anyone, So fear not we are all here to help one another, to walk with God, God Bless you. Elshevia. :wave:
God so loved the World that he gave His only Son.

msproverbs31

Post by msproverbs31 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:16 pm

Thanks so much for sharing - this is very insightful.

holyspirit :wave:

jtkenya

Post by jtkenya » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:18 am

After reading this post the question pops up-- could this be what I am going through right now? For years the pain of rejection, carelessly (not ment to be mean but hurt a very young heart) spoken words, careless acts, distrust and so forth have been hidden deep inside basicly as a bandaid to the point where no tears or pain was felt till the last couple of weeks. For years including my childhood I never talked to anyone about the things going on and kept all the pain inside which nearly took me out as I didn't see the sense of moving on in life. I didn't try to attempt to take myself out but the desire was strong and have inflicted physical pain upon myself. (this is being delt with presently) and offten ended up writting stories to deal with the things I felt. The stories have been dystroyed several years ago as my old pastor and I felt they were not something to be kept around. Not even my parents knew what was going on. I had learned to deal with the hurt by myself and still feel that way but yet I also know that I don't need to that there are others around to help but distrust and the ability to accept love from others is very strong and won't let to many get close enough to help despite the fact that I do want the help. Lately teachings at church will hit a nerve and endless tears will come though hidden till I am alone. It is as if I just want to reach in and grab the pain that I feel but yet can't as I know it is spiritual.

nautical999
Moderator Staff

Post by nautical999 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Jtkenya there are many here who can help lead you through this by the power of Jesus Christ. Jesus doesn't want you to feel this he wants you to have joy and peace in your life, not pain. He wants healing not just a bandaid to cover the pain.
A thousand shall fall at my side and Ten thousand by my right hand

jtkenya

Post by jtkenya » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:10 pm

Yes I know there are people here who are helping quite a bit-- infact all the posts are helping me understand what realy is going on. I just want that healing-- enough is enough and have lived this way for to long. Day after day God is showing me what needs to be taken care of as I am comming out of this stuff.

chooselife

Post by chooselife » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:17 am

Ive heard a good way to get rid of an alter is to have the person invite the alter to be apart of them and let the Lord minister to them and heal any wounds or walls they may have put up, but the person must INVITE the alter to become a part of themselves again.

Kathi Oates demonstrates this kind of healing on a dvd called

Healing the brokenhearted by Kathi Oates

is this the same healing as dealing with someone with an alter?

Bev

Post by Bev » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:08 pm

chooselife wrote:Ive heard a good way to get rid of an alter is to have the person invite the alter to be apart of them and let the Lord minister to them and heal any wounds or walls they may have put up, but the person must INVITE the alter to become a part of themselves again.

Kathi Oates demonstrates this kind of healing on a dvd called

Healing the brokenhearted by Kathi Oates

is this the same healing as dealing with someone with an alter?
Hi Chooselife and yes, an alter is just another word for fractured or part. Please read the thread in the forum entitled "A beautiful poem from one who is fractured". Jesus came to heal your brokenness...
Luke 4:18The Spirit of the Lord [is] upon Me, because He has anointed Me [the Anointed One, the Messiah] to preach the good news (the Gospel) to the poor; He has sent Me to announce release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to send forth as delivered those who are oppressed [who are downtrodden, bruised, crushed, and broken down by calamity],
I believe a more excellent way of healing is having the broken, fractured parts run to Jesus' arms. Id encourage you also (if you haven't already) read http://www.greatbiblestudy.com/dissocia ... sorder.php which is a sister ministry site to this forum. Rest in this...Your Abba's desire is that you have abundant life. :wave:
His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness!!! 2 Peter 1:3,4