The Reality of Multiple Personality Disorders and DID

Come join us to discuss the subject of inner healing.<br />
Dissociation (DID/MPD), abuse, emotional wounds, etc.

Moderator: Moderator Staff

AriBunny

Post by AriBunny » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:42 pm

Well Journeygirl I can say that I have been there and done that.

A friend of mine says this:

It has to be revealed to be healed.

This place has experienced ministers that work with these things and many many people get their freedom here... I am one of them. But if you really want it, be willing to perhaps think outside of the box... fill out a referral, let them help you. You might THINK that getting over things and keeping them hidden works, but it's like putting a band aid on cancer. It's NOT gonna work. What DOES work is working with an experienced minister and going over your life and finding where curses were brought in, and uncovering all the things that contributed to your demise. Only then can you get freedom... through Christ Jesus.
w00t.

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:50 pm

Hi journeygirl:

There are those of us for whom life has been especially difficult, an especial struggle for whatever reason. And I have always believed that it is because we have something great and wonderful that God wants us to do and the enemy does not want us to be able to fullfil God's plans and purposes for our lives. Therefore, he comes out against us and makes life a constant struggle. The more special the job the bigger and harder the fight. Now God's ways are much higher than our ways, and His thoughts are much higher than our thoughts, so what is a huge thing for the Kingdom of Heaven may seem small and even inconsequential to us.

There is always one moment in time that is our absolute greatest and though we may not recognize it, God does. There is a "for such a time as this" for each and every one of us. Who knows? You may be the one who speaks a word of encouragement to someone you don't even know, at a very critical point in their lives, who then goes on and does great exploits for God. But without your words of encouragement at the exact right moment...well, perhaps that person would have just given up on everything and just gone someplace to drown their sorrows in alcohol or escape their issues through drugs. Perhaps that person even had plans to go home and commit suicide that day and something you say or do at that exact right moment stops them and causes them to seek God instead. You don't know.

Also, there is further reason for what we go through and it is stated in these verses below:

"Beloved, do not be amazed and bewildered at the fiery ordeal which is taking place to test your quality, as though something strange (unusual and alien to you and your position) were befalling you. But insofar as you are sharing Christ's sufferings, rejoice, so that when His glory [full of radiance and splendor] is revealed, you may also rejoice with triumph [exultantly]. If you are censured and suffer abuse [because you bear] the name of Christ, blessed [are you--happy, fortunate, to be envied, with life-joy, and satisfaction in God's favor and salvation, regardless of your outward condition], because the Spirit of glory, the Spirit of God, is resting upon you. (1 Peter 4:12-16 AMP)

The Message Bible puts it this way:

"Friends, when life gets really difficult, don't jump to the conclusion that God isn't on the job. Instead, be glad that you are in the very thick of what Christ experienced. This is a spiritual refining process, with glory just around the corner. If you're abused because of Christ, count yourself fortunate. It's the Spirit of God and his glory in you that brought you to the notice of others. If they're on you because you broke the law or disturbed the peace, that's a different matter. But if it's because you're a Christian, don't give it a second thought. Be proud of the distinguished status reflected in that name!"

Also, listen to this:

2Consider it wholly joyful, my brethren, whenever you are enveloped in or encounter trials of any sort or fall into various temptations.

3Be assured and understand that the trial and proving of your faith bring out endurance and steadfastness and patience.

4But let endurance and steadfastness and patience have full play and do a thorough work, so that you may be [people] perfectly and fully developed [with no defects], lacking in nothing.

5If any of you is deficient in wisdom, let him ask of the giving God [Who gives] to everyone liberally and ungrudgingly, without reproaching or faultfinding, and it will be given him.

6Only it must be in faith that he asks with no wavering (no hesitating, no doubting).
(James 1:2-6 AMP)

And, the Message Bible puts it this way:

"Consider it a sheer gift, friends, when tests and challenges come at you from all sides. You know that under pressure, your faith-life is forced into the open and shows its true colors. So don't try to get out of anything prematurely. Let it do its work so you become mature and well-developed, not deficient in any way. If you don't know what you're doing, pray to the Father. He loves to help. You'll get his help, and won't be condescended to when you ask for it. Ask boldly, believingly, without a second thought."

Always, always look for God's instruction in every thing that happens in your life because what Satan means for our destruction, God uses it for our instruction ~if we seek Him and listen to Him.

In His Love,
Godschild
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

journeygirl

Post by journeygirl » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:41 pm

thank you for all of your responses.
I will write more later but I do agree with what you have said and do believe God's timing is God's timing. I do believe God has a purpose I just am not sure what it is, but I do agree that God wants healing and wholeness in my life.

journeygirl

journeygirl

Post by journeygirl » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:36 pm

i am back. i have a chance to think about what was said here. one of my favorite scriptures is from the book of Job 23:10 "But He knows the way I take; When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold"
I cant begin to understand everything that God does but I guess I must trust that His ways are best. I do not understand why I am on this forum but I will just rest in the fact that God knows and perhaps He does have a plan. Maybe I should stop fighting against it. Every time I resist it just brings a lot of frustration and torment. I just pray that God gives my heart and mind understand of what He wants.

journeygirl

Rescuer
Moderator Staff

Post by Rescuer » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:51 am

journeygirl wrote:i am back. i have a chance to think about what was said here. one of my favorite scriptures is from the book of Job 23:10 "But He knows the way I take; When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold"
I cant begin to understand everything that God does but I guess I must trust that His ways are best. I do not understand why I am on this forum but I will just rest in the fact that God knows and perhaps He does have a plan. Maybe I should stop fighting against it. Every time I resist it just brings a lot of frustration and torment. I just pray that God gives my heart and mind understand of what He wants.

journeygirl
I would encourage you to visit a exorcist/deliverance minister who understands dissociation to spiritually test whether or not you have dissociation.
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves..."

Godschild

Post by Godschild » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:05 am

Rescuer wrote:I would encourage you to visit a exorcist/deliverance minister who understands dissociation to spiritually test whether or not you have dissociation.

I agree with Rescuer. He knows what he is talking about. Listen to him.

Godschild
GOD IS limited only by those limitations which we, as human beings, place upon Him. GOD, HIS POWER, His love, and His forgiveness are limitless.
~Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of God.

journeygirl

Post by journeygirl » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:56 am

I really don't think or believe I have DID at all. I think perhaps well meaning people told me those things years ago but from what I have read on this forum, I do not think so. I wanted to read a lot of what is written here so that I could gather more information but I really don't think I do. And perhaps it is just to gain understanding for myself or perhaps to help someone else.

journeygirl

pinetree

Post by pinetree » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:46 am

journeygirl,

There is one way you can know for sure, request a referal and talk to a deliverence minster. He/She will try to thier best and see if you do or do not have alters.

I encourage to try,
Dan
"For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost." Luke 19:10

journeygirl

Post by journeygirl » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:22 pm

I did get a couple of emails about the referral I sent. As I am having surgery the day after tomorrow, the DID question will have to be put on hold right now. And I checked the wrong box when I had to put male or female anyway. I had to do it over again. But I will definitely ask my Pastor's wife about the deliverance thing. I think she is real pentecostal and were missionaries in Kenya. She should know about these things, although when she prayed for me, she didn't discern anything like that, only about witchcraft, well she asked me about that.

journeygirl

Rescuer
Moderator Staff

Post by Rescuer » Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:26 pm

journeygirl wrote:I did get a couple of emails about the referral I sent. As I am having surgery the day after tomorrow, the DID question will have to be put on hold right now. And I checked the wrong box when I had to put male or female anyway. I had to do it over again. But I will definitely ask my Pastor's wife about the deliverance thing. I think she is real pentecostal and were missionaries in Kenya. She should know about these things, although when she prayed for me, she didn't discern anything like that, only about witchcraft, well she asked me about that.

journeygirl
You'll need to talk with someone who understands demonization issues and dissociation issues.
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves..."

journeygirl

Post by journeygirl » Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:25 pm

I actually finally have spoken to someone who ministers in both those issues Rescuer. and what she has told me is that I do have these parts inside of me. one of the questions i had was about some of the stories that were written and now it turns out that they are written by 'parts'. i dont understand everything that is why i came here to ask questions.

journey

nautical999
Moderator Staff

Post by nautical999 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:08 pm

hello journeygirl you can ask all the questions you want and if any of your parts want to ask anything as well they can. All are welcome here.
A thousand shall fall at my side and Ten thousand by my right hand

a_conquerer

Post by a_conquerer » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:27 am

I have a question, what exactly are alters?

TIA

nautical999
Moderator Staff

Post by nautical999 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:07 pm

hello TIA an altar is a personality that is created to take the pain from the core person so that they can keep going through life as best as possible. When it is time this altar gets healed and merges back into the core becoming whole once again.
A thousand shall fall at my side and Ten thousand by my right hand

Chameleon

This topic

Post by Chameleon » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:58 am

As always, I can only clap my hands and cheer at the real love distributed here by sons and daughters of God/Yahweh. So much mercy, so much compassion, so much of what the Lord is presently teaching me, and, I am addicted. This is what the Lord would have His church addicted to, loving unconditionally , compassionatley and becoming lovers of mercy, giving it and finding it when necessary from the Lord. :clapping: I could cry when I read some of the posts here. Nautical999 and Rescuer and Jay, I can truly understand why the Lord has called you into this ministry, and, I will constantly uphold you before the Lord. Not to mention, I LEARN SO MUCH! I have been looking for signs of DID in my granddaughter that was sexually violated by her father in court-ordered visitations. I am now studying and as a minister myself, I am so grateful for so much here to learn from. May the captives continue to find liberty in Him, whom soul loveth!
REMEMBER, Yahweh's FORGOTTEN people, the Homeless.