There is a movie coming out December 7

A great place to introduce yourself and get to know everybody.<br />Join us for great fellowship with other believers. Make yourself at home!

Moderator: Moderator Staff

Talkingwithjesus

There is a movie coming out December 7

Post by Talkingwithjesus » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:06 am

There is a movie coming out December 7 called The
Golden Compass for children and staring Nichole
Kidman. The movie is based on a series of children's
books by author Phillip Pullman. Pullman is openly
atheistic and has publicly declared that his books are
about killing God. Here is the Snopes.com web site
that has the info. on it.

http://snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp
Sometimes God closes doors to keep us from making big mistakes......Deb

Clare

Post by Clare » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:07 pm

Oh good grief - what a world.
In Gospel love, Clare

"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid...and a little child shall lead them....They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain..." (Isaiah 11: 6 & 9)

MicMogen

Post by MicMogen » Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:53 pm

The tragedy is if we ban this production from our children, openly and publicly, it will only intensify the curiosity and stigma associated with its promotion. I have no doubt that our children, once relatively "on the side lines" of the foundations of our churches, are now "on the front lines." God has Purposed this, and every precaution must be made to pray over and encourage our children through the Love of Christ.

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy: -- Acts 2:16-18

Thank you for the "warning" of this production, as I would like to see it myself, then pray over it and expose my daughter to it's false teachings. Otherwise, she might receive the message that is intended to pervert, distort, and confuse the Truth of the Gospel message and hinder the anointing of the Holy Spirit.

In the Name of Jesus Christ, we bind these false teachings and any agents of darkness that are associated with this movie production, "Golden Compass." We plead the Blood of Jesus Christ over our homes and families, and stand in agreement that no weapon formed against us shall prosper! Father God, through Your Son Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit we claim a front and standard against any false teachings ever entering the ears and minds of our children that You've Purposed for Your Kingdom. We thank you, Jesus, for defeating those works of our adversary and coming against this production from proliferating in our communities!

For the Glory of God and in the Name of Jesus Christ, we pray. Sobeit!
Praise be to God the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with EVERY spiritual blessing -- because of Christ Jesus who is our Lord, our Victory, and our Deliverance!!

Clare

really?

Post by Clare » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:03 pm

Honestly, I'm not so very sure that depriving our children of this kind of "entertainment" makes them long for it more. My parents and my husband and I were all very clear that "right is right and wrong is wrong." Both my siblings and I and my own children were forbidden from films like this, modern music, gadding about - and none of us really rebelled - I think we all felt so safe and loved in our family units we respected our parents for giving us such guidelines. I'm a grandma now - and I've only seen good come from such loving firmness and protectiveness with children. Now, none of us have developed a tollerance for the loud music and the constant stimulation of the world today - but I can't say I think that's a bad thing - our homes are quiet and God centered. And now that we and our children are grown we are so grateful not to have had all that, well, I have to call it evil, in our lives. We were protected, even cloistered - and it was all for the good.
In Gospel love, Clare

"The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid...and a little child shall lead them....They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain..." (Isaiah 11: 6 & 9)