Is it normal for God to speak verbally to a person?

A great place to introduce yourself and get to know everybody.<br />Join us for great fellowship with other believers. Make yourself at home!

Moderator: Moderator Staff

ServantofJesus

Is it normal for God to speak verbally to a person?

Post by ServantofJesus » Fri May 01, 2015 2:49 am

About 15 years ago, The Lord spoke to me and since then, at very important times in my life, He has continued to speak to me and direct me in what He wants from me. I hear His voice many times audibly, but in many different ways. He has shown me visions. The last few years, He has taken everything from me. My wife cheated on me, I lost my health, My house, I fractured my skull, I lost my singing voice, my vision is damaged, I can no longer eat certain foods, my ministry is more limited, ect. God told me that He was teaching me something. He asked me what I wanted and I gave Him a list of things I wanted. Then I asked Him what He wanted and He gave me a vision, then told me a list of things He wanted. I have had prophets that I had never met before confirm things, but one of the prophets made a prediction that didn't happen. Is this type of thing normal? Does God speak to people like this today? What do you all think?

uncertain

Post by uncertain » Tue May 12, 2015 9:17 am

Not sure how common it is but I've heard of it happening... from lesser to greater extents.

I wouldn't mind a reply back.
&#10013;