Please help, can't become a true christian!

A great place to introduce yourself and get to know everybody.<br />Join us for great fellowship with other believers. Make yourself at home!

Moderator: Moderator Staff

ImPossessed

Please help, can't become a true christian!

Post by ImPossessed » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:46 pm

I'm being pulled into sin. I can't repent and turn to christ. I want to turn to christ but I feel like right now that the pull on me to stay in sin is too strong. FYI, sexual sin and alcohol are the main offenders here.
I need a real turnaround, the churches near me offer me nothing than a sinners prayer. That I've said 100 times. Please advise me.

LUCIANA

Post by LUCIANA » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:54 pm

:( :( BLESSINGS IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF OUR ''LORD AND SAVIOUR' ,DEAR FRIEND, I HEAR YOUR TROUBLS, BUT THE CHOICE ITS YOURS, NOT THE CHURCH, YOU DO NED SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT ALSO TO GET STRONG IN FAITH AND FIGHT THE ADDICTION, FIND A DELIVERANCE MINISTER TO HELP YOU, THERE IS HOPE WHEN YOU HAVE FAITH, YOU GOT TO CHOOSE WHO YOU ARE GOING TO FOLLOW, THE ADDICTION OR ''THE LORD JESUS CHRIST'' WHO WILL GET YOU DRUNK WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT, DO PERSEVERA, FIND HELP, NEVER GIVE UP, HAVE FAITH. TRY TO FIND A GROUP SUPORT FOR THE DRINKING, LOOK UP WHERE YOU LIVE, ALSO POST HERE, AND SHARE, DON'T GIVE UP**
THE LORD BLESS YOU AND HEAL YOU FROM ALL ADDICTION, GIVE YOU STRENGTH AND PEACE OF MIND, IN 'JESUS CHRIST'' I PRAY, LOVE L*** :wave: :wave: :wave:

michel67

Post by michel67 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:17 am

Im not sure what a "true Christian" is or means.. all I know is what asking Jesus into ones life is, and letting Him take over ones life and be their no. 1 in life.. people calling themselves Christian, a believer, etc,, can mean a lot of things.. people are a believer in many things, and Christian can be a religioun or denomination... so I guess the point is, Jesus wants us to call upon Him and Him alone, to invite and ask Him into our lives.. to give Him control of our lives.. and to serve HIm and Him alone. Everyone sins, everyone messes up, but when we ask Jesus inside of us, we may want to sin, feel the urge to sin, but if we are serving Him,, that wanting to sin will start to go away because we want to live for HIm and not for that sin.. we will want to please Him,,, if we find ourselves in sin, we realize it, we may realize it coming into our thoughts, we rebuke that sin, and try not to act on it, we ask for forgiveness and for God to remove that from our lives.. I know its hard,, a lot of sins, addictions, are hard to get away from, but the more we call upon Jesus, hold the bible near, soak up and feed ourselves with the scriptures, the more we want to be a witness to others who do not have what we have, Jesus inside, the more we want to become as Jesus, we will not have the desire to sin or live with a addiction.. If that addiction is controlling youre life, if it is constantly in youre thoughts and mind, most likely it is a demon that you will need to address and remove ..
It is a choice, to want Jesus, to want Him in ones life, to let Him have 100% of ones life, and to desperately want Him to take those addictions and sins out of ones life and not serve them but to serve Him.. The sinners prayer is not much help if it is demons, they need to be removed .. I pray you have asked Jesus inside, and if so, hope there is a deliverance minister near you that you can talk to and they can help remove what needs removed.. Speak Jesus Name out loud through out the day if youre able, call upon Him, ask Him to help you with these things.. He is there, even if you cannot hear Him, He hears you and want to help you.. I myself have a addiction , I don't like, don't want, but that doesn't mean I am not a true Christian or have not asked Jesus inside, or am not wanting to serve Jesus,, it means I fight, I fight to not want that any more even if its a hard struggle, and I ask Jesus to help me not want that any more in my life or my body, and one day He will break that, take that from me, and remove it and I will not have a desire for it no more .. and will be able to be free from it and live without it but He will replace that ..
and please keep writing, sharing, talking, everyone hears you, understands, is not trying to be judgemental, but to encourage, be prayer warriors, and help as much as they can.. and love with Jesus love..