I'm not sure if i'm saved

A great place to introduce yourself and get to know everybody.<br />Join us for great fellowship with other believers. Make yourself at home!

Moderator: Moderator Staff

ImPossessed

I'm not sure if i'm saved

Post by ImPossessed » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:47 pm

I've said the sinners prayer many times and meant it. But I never last longer than a few days regularly prayering and trying to abstain from sin. I always slip for months at a time not praying and just freely sinning. Without any real thought about it.
How can I change this? I know I need to make a decision too. But it never lasts.

LUCIANA

COMMENT

Post by LUCIANA » Sun Apr 07, 2013 2:50 pm

GREETINGS IN ''THE LORD JESUS CHRIST NAME'', YOU ADMIT TO SIN, IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE AND DECIDE TO FOLLOW RIGHTEOUSNESS, TRUTH AND LIGHT, YOU CAN , IT IS UP TO YOU TO DECIDE AND FOLLOW THE PATH OF THE ''LORD JESUS CHRIST'', NOBODY CAN MAKE YOU, FREELY CHOOSE, WHO YOU ARE GOING TO FOLLOW, REMEMBER , 'THE LORD JESUS CHRIST'' DIED FOR YOU ON THE CROSS, TO GIVE YOU ETERNAL LIFE, HERE YOU HAVE SO MUCH MATERIAL, MESSAGES TO LEARN, HE ''SAID, LEARN OF ME FOR I AM MEEK AND LOWLY'', LEARN OF HIM, BELIEVE ME THERE IS NOTHING IN THIS EARTLY LIFE MORE WORTHY THAN TO FOLLOW AND OBEY OUR 'LORD AND GOD'', TO LOVE HIM, WITH ALL OUR HEARTS, I AM AT AN AGE THAT I CAN TELL YOU THERE IS NOTHING MORE PRECIOUS , NO MONEY, NO GOLD, NO RICHES, NO FRIENDS, FAMILY, HIS LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL, ASK HIM AND HE FORGIVES, BUT DON'T WAIT TOO LONG, HE WAITS AT THE DOOR, OPEN IT AND LET HIM IN, SINCERELY, NO MORE SIN***GO AND SIN NO MORE**FIND SOMEONE TO SUPPORT YOU, AND PRAY FOR YOU, CAST OUT THE DEMONS THAT MAKE YOU SIN**LOVE L*** :wave: :wave: :wave:

michel67

Post by michel67 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:57 pm

Amen Luciana

ImPossessed

If youre not sure if you are saved, make sure. Ask Jesus to come into youre life, to be youre savrour, that you accept Him in Youre life and want to serve Him and Him alone. We all sin, we all make mistakes, slip , we shouldn't, but it happens, we live in a messed up, sinful , evil world. Once were saved, we make a choice not to sin, not to go back and do as we did .. if we do we ask Gods forgiveness and He forgives. But its a choice not to sin, to put the old things away and apart from us and be a new person in Christ, to follow after Him, to seek Him , and to let HIm fill us rather than that sin.
When I was little I would think of Jesus as my daddy, my father, even though I had a father and he was there at the time for me, I looked to Jesus. Jesus is our comforter. He is there. And He is there for you as well ImPossessed. All you have to do is call on Him, talk to Him, praying is talking, speak to Him. If someone was given a diagnosis of 6 months to live, a lot of the world would go on sinning, rather than making sure theyre life is with God and filled with God. Or they keep sinning, and wait till theyre last moments.. no one should wait, they should do it now, and choose God, choose to live for God, and let Him inside .
Theyre is no money over God, no job, no career over God, no sin over God, God is over all, He is no 1 in our life, above the money, the job, the sin. Without God in someones life , a lot of people have no peace, no hope, no comfort. They are always searching and seeking for that one thing to fill them up inside and nothing will, only God will.
Some of sins we seem to find difficult to release, to let go of, to cease from, and we may need help, and may need to fight, thought we always need to fight demons and in spiritual warfare . When we have God, Jesus, we will no longer want to sin, and if theres a problem , rebuke the demons and if needed seek assistance in removing those demons from youre life so you can live freely.
If you know you have invited Jesus into youre heart and know you are saved, then rebuke satan and demons for putting thoughts into you that you may not be saved , and let them know you rebuke them and that you are a child of God,, if you are not sure and know you have never accepted Him then doing so will be the most important decision you have ever made .

God Loves You ImPossessed, Jesus Loves you

ImPossessed

Post by ImPossessed » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Thank you for your replies.

uncertain

Post by uncertain » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:33 am

It's been hard for me to post, but... I've not even been sure if I/we've meant the sinner's prayer when I/we've prayed it.

Not sure, but I think people have said I meant it / I was genuine though.
&#10013;

sarahlevi36

Post by sarahlevi36 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:54 am

Uncertain,

No worries!
The most wonderful thing is...God knows our hearts!
God knows our intentions & he knows if we sincerely
meant it or not when we prayed the sinners prayer &
accepted him into our hearts.
Isn't that all that really matters? :clapping:

Dear Lord, thank you for your Love, for your Mercy, for
your forgiveness, Lord & for knowing our hearts. In Jesus'
precious name, Amen.

sarahlevi36

Pastor QT

Assurance Of Salvation

Post by Pastor QT » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:16 pm

Thank you for asking this important question. You are not alone in this predicament, many people struggle with this very issue. If you ask people whether they are certain about their salvation, they respond, “Only God knows,” or “We will only know on the other side.”

However the Bible teaches that we can know for certain that we are saved.

These things have I written to you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may believe on the name of the Son of God.
I John 5:13

You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know…
John 4:22

They said to the woman, “We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the saviour of the world."
John 4:42

According to the Bible you can know that you know that you are saved! How do you know? First and most important of all through the written word according to 1 John 5:13. If you have done what the word requires of you to receive the free gift of salvation, then you are saved. You don’t depend on feelings, slip-ups, what people say and so on.

Secondly you get to know through the witness of the Holy Spirit in your heart. Another term for this is the inward witness. As soon as you throw yourself at the feet of Jesus, there is an inner peace that envelops you. There is a kick deep in your belly that tells you that you are now a child of God. An inner bell rings informing you that you have moved from being a sinner to a saint.

Having said all this, we still have to explore why people are jittery about their salvation. I believe that there are three main reasons why people doubt their salvation.

# 1. Being unsaved

The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.
Romans 8:16

The Holy Spirit bears witness with our spirit that we are saved. If there is no inner witness, then it means there is no salvation.

# 2. Living in sin

And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. For if our hearts condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
I John 3:19-21

If you continue to live a sinful life after being saved it robs you of your assurance of salvation. Your heart will condemn you bringing doubt, discouragement, and despair. However note that there is a big difference between living in sin and falling into sin. True believers don’t want to live in sin but they may fall into sin. Does falling in sin mean that they are not truly saved? Not at all!

Sin breaks a believer’s fellowship with God but it doesn’t destroy his relationship with God. Just like all our children mess up once in a while. They don’t cease being our children! If they own up and apologize, they actually enjoy a deeper relationship with their parents. If you slip into sin, run to (not from) the Father and promptly confess the sin from your heart and move on.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:7

# 3. Believing Satan’s lies

For the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Revelation 12:10

Satan will always tell you that you are not saved. Why? Simply because he is an accuser by nature! He will tell you that you are not worthy to be called a child of God because you did such and such. You must realize that since you did not receive salvation by your deeds or works, you cannot keep it by works either! Salvation is received by grace through faith only. You ‘keep’ it by keeping your faith fixed on the finished work of Calvary. Don’t believe Satan’s lies that you are not saved because the other day you did…you know what!

Our saviour himself, as if he knew that we would sometimes struggle to accept the atoning work of his precious blood said:

I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word, and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.
John 5:24

Note the use of the definite article has twice in the above verse. Salvation is something you have to be definite about. You have to (and can) know that you have crossed from death to life, from darkness to light, and from being hell-bound to heaven-bound.

Amen!
I love you with bondage-breaking love!

Pastor QT is a published author, missionary and speaker. He is ready to do anything, anytime, anywhere for the sake of Jesus Christ!