Is this a gift or it is normal

A great place to introduce yourself and get to know everybody.<br />Join us for great fellowship with other believers. Make yourself at home!

Moderator: Moderator Staff

catholic

Is this a gift or it is normal

Post by catholic » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:48 am

Hi

Guys some times when a spiritual person a Christian pass by me
I can feel their power even if they do not talk or even see me just passing by I have a very strong feeling that they have the holy spirit .

Do others have that experience ?

ImPossessed

Post by ImPossessed » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:58 pm

Not me, I have not experienced that.

Dcide

Discernment

Post by Dcide » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:39 pm

Hi

Guys some times when a spiritual person a Christian pass by me
I can feel their power even if they do not talk or even see me just passing by I have a very strong feeling that they have the holy spirit .

Do others have that experience ?
Yes, I do know of some people who have discernment. They can sense or feel the presence of the Holy Spirit in people. I, too, have experienced it, but only like two or three times in my life. I have also sensed the presence of evil around people, especially if it's strong.

ChristianSoldier

Discernment

Post by ChristianSoldier » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:36 am

Discernment (from experience) is not a feeling you get. It is a certainty. God does not give partial gifts that are not used to edify His church. I'm guessing a feeling is all this is- a quick judgement based on unnoticeable factors.
I.e. I am going to guess the young couple buying liquor is unmarried, unsaved, and enslaved to addictions.
I am going to guess the woman in a long dress, with long hair, and well behaved children is a Christian.
I may be wrong, it's only a guess!
Discernment of spirits is the ability to see or hear them. The strength of the gift may vary. Some people (very rare) can see and hear them at all times, some can only see them all the time, some can hear them when they ask for responses, some can only a few times in their life see and hear them. But it is unmistakable and a true gift from God.
He wouldn't give you a present, then leave you wondering if you really got it. Get it?
God Bless
Christian Soldier

Rev 21:4 KJV
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.