deliverance

A great place to introduce yourself and get to know everybody.<br />Join us for great fellowship with other believers. Make yourself at home!

Moderator: Moderator Staff

rosie

deliverance

Post by rosie » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:19 pm

hi, ive got another quick question.

i was at a deliverance service last week and over heard a conversation between a pastor and a lady. this is what he said

'if i feel i want to slap you, then i shall slap you. if i want to kick you then i will. i will do what ever god leads me to do.'

he was talking about hurting someone during deliverance. is that right??? would a deliverance minister actually beat someone if they felt lead by god to do it? this has been playing on my mind ever since i heard this man say that and its been worrying me.

michel67

Post by michel67 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:02 pm

Hi Rosie,

I really dont believe any minister would be saying they would hurt someone or the lady, i believe they were referring to and talking to any demons.

DoorTwelve
Moderator Staff

Post by DoorTwelve » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:23 pm

When it comes to conversations because we are getting information second hand it is really hard to discern the context by which these things are said.
Now I don't believe it should be the position of any minister to hurt a person who is oppressed in any way, but I also know the Devil tries to confuse and divide us when things are sometimes taken out of context. I would have to question this minister personally and see what his heart was in regards to this situation. If he said to me he likes to smack people at God's request I would say I don't think that is correct and would have to take measures to keep those who are hurting from receiving that kind of treatment.
Just my thoughts
Doortwelve
In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."(Isaiah 25:6-9)

Rescuer
Moderator Staff

Post by Rescuer » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:21 pm

Hi Rosie, yes, I heard that conversation. It was with the pastor Arnold and a sister in the Lord. It seems to me he was referring to attacking spirits in an aggressive manner not the person. He loves Jesus so he wouldn't hurt anyone, just demons. :mrgreen:
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves..."