Is it the right one?

A great place to introduce yourself and get to know everybody.<br />Join us for great fellowship with other believers. Make yourself at home!

Moderator: Moderator Staff

kary

Is it the right one?

Post by kary » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:03 am

I have been attending a church, but when I go I don't feel closer to the Lord at all, I really feel farther apart when I go to this church. I don't know if it's the church that makes me feel this way or the enemy trying to trick me to leave it. I have been looking to attend a different church lately as the one I currently attend does not believe in the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. I was just looking for another opinion on this. Have you ever felt that way? I don't know how to describe it.

landfire

Post by landfire » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:00 am

Dear Kary,
Most importantly ask Jesus to lead you and open the doors for you. Ask the Lord to send His angel before you to prepare the way and help you find the church He wants you to be in, in this season of your life.

I suggest to try several different churches. You will feel differently in different places. Sometimes you feel great in the beginning at one place, and then the teaching dries up for you, and back to square one. So it all depends.

Be strong and courageous!

nautical999
Moderator Staff

Post by nautical999 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:29 pm

kary at this junction in your life you will need a full gospel church. One who believes in alll the gifts of the spirit and also the baptism of the Holy Ghost.
Father God we come to you at this time and pray for you to open the door to the church for this child to go to. In Jesus name i pray amen.
A thousand shall fall at my side and Ten thousand by my right hand

Bev

Re: Is it the right one?

Post by Bev » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:08 am

kary wrote:I have been looking to attend a different church lately as the one I currently attend does not believe in the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.
Hmmm...I think Holy Spirit is directing you, keep asking Him to lead you to that house of worship, He will! :wave:
His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness!!! 2 Peter 1:3,4

RichVA
Moderator Staff

Post by RichVA » Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:25 am

Bev wrote: Hmmm...I think Holy Spirit is directing you, keep asking Him to lead you to that house of worship, He will! :wave:
So often in life, I gave thanks to the Lord each day but didn't want to bother him with the "little" stuff. Guess what, God loves it when we include him in our every decision.

-rich
Isaiah 61:1 "He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound..."

landfire

Post by landfire » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:17 am

RichVA wrote:So often in life, I gave thanks to the Lord each day but didn't want to bother him with the "little" stuff. Guess what, God loves it when we include him in our every decision.

-rich
so very true.

dail4deliverance

Post by dail4deliverance » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:38 am

Hi Kary,

Your inner withness will lead you to the right church, for it is the Holy Spirit that leads you to all truth and he will lead you in the right direction. God Bless !! :wave:
And ye shall know the truth,and the truth shall make you free. John 8:32

kary

Post by kary » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:31 am

I hope so, the curent church is the only one I have ever been able to get my family to go to. But it just doesn't feel right when i'm there. So I want to be right If I change. It has take years to get my spouse to go.